Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2015, 02:19 AM   #161
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I want to thank everyone for making it a relatively smooth opening day.

I also want to thank everyone who answered questions in this thread, and especially Jeff, who took the bulk of them while I was away at my 'real job' ...

I think for the most part all questions were answered. Going forward, please feel free to continue to use this thread whenever you have anything that has you stumped. But please do try to use the manual and other resources first.

Thanks and hope you all are enjoying the game!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:20 AM   #162
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr38 View Post
why do I start off as such a bad coach?
Attachment 420613
How did you set your reputation when you started? I am presuming that might have something to do with it.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:53 AM   #163
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
How did you set your reputation when you started? I am presuming that might have something to do with it.
It defaults to automatic so one would think it would be smarter there. I can't change it. So that is on you guys.

I still struggle to create new games so testing is hard. (bug) Every time I start a new game it says name already exists (after I have loaded a new game). Only way around it is to delete all games, exit and restart. Oh the games don't delete, you have to start a new game until roster screen, go back to the front menu and all the old saves are there.

Macbook Pro - Steam
jwr38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:36 AM   #164
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Just watched sully video on YouTube and had a few questions about the historic mode

A) say we start in 1999 when Atlanta thrashers joined will the jackets and wild automatically join in 2000 or do we have to create them as an expansion?

B) I'm a wild fan so I would go back to 1999 and recreate the 2000 expansion team and so forth as riseborough drafted some horrible players.. If we start in 2000 will all real life prospects from 2001 until present date be in the nhl 2001 to 2015 drafts or no?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:44 AM   #165
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Just watched sully video on YouTube and had a few questions about the historic mode

A) say we start in 1999 when Atlanta thrashers joined will the jackets and wild automatically join in 2000 or do we have to create them as an expansion?

B) I'm a wild fan so I would go back to 1999 and recreate the 2000 expansion team and so forth as riseborough drafted some horrible players.. If we start in 2000 will all real life prospects from 2001 until present date be in the nhl 2001 to 2015 drafts or no?
A- as long as you have expansion turned on when you setup the game (it's optional), they'll appear.

B- for the most part, only the ones that actually played an NHL game at some point will be there (so the drafts tend to be a little shorter than real life.) I'm gradually filling in the guys who were drafted but didn't play, but it'll be quite a while before they're all there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:51 AM   #166
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
A- as long as you have expansion turned on when you setup the game (it's optional), they'll appear.

B- for the most part, only the ones that actually played an NHL game at some point will be there (so the drafts tend to be a little shorter than real life.) I'm gradually filling in the guys who were drafted but didn't play, but it'll be quite a while before they're all there.
Hi Jeff-I had auto expand off as I wanted to start in 1967 and stay at 12 teams. I just did so simming to give the game a test drive before I start my project and the league still expanded in 1970 and 1972 (I stopped after that). I have another project where I want to start in 1931 and remain at 8 teams. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to insure expansion is off?

Otherwise, congrats on a great product!
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:18 AM   #167
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknewyork View Post
In fictional league ..

1. Can I edit player/personnel names, ratings etc?
2. Can I edit $$$ stuff?
3. How do I get a league to have promotion/relegation etc?
1.) Yes, if you enable commissioner mode, you can edit all players and staff, plus their ratings and information. I've done it for my own personal fictional leagues so I do know from experience it's possible to do (it just can be a tedious process at times, depending on how many people you plan to adjust). 2.) To my knowledge you should be able to edit financials. I haven't dove deep into that aspect so I don't know the details, but I think it's possible. 3.) There isn't relegation or promotion in fictional here. You can only create one major/pro level league, and then the choice of adding a minor league and/or junior league after. So there's technically no lower-tier league for teams to get demoted to or promoted from. Maybe in a future version of the game, but it's unlikely.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:22 AM   #168
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I know somewhere someone said that u can expand nhl, ahl and echo but can u expand leagues like ohl, who etc

Reason why I ask is because I want to recreate history and keep Belleville in ohl and just create Hamilton as a ohl expansion?

Last edited by Sabres2000; 09-29-2015 at 04:23 AM.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:33 AM   #169
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Hi Jeff-I had auto expand off as I wanted to start in 1967 and stay at 12 teams. I just did so simming to give the game a test drive before I start my project and the league still expanded in 1970 and 1972 (I stopped after that). I have another project where I want to start in 1931 and remain at 8 teams. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to insure expansion is off?

Otherwise, congrats on a great product!
Looks like something's definitely going wrong there, I started in 1967 with expansion off, too, and Vancouver was there in 1970. We'll check it out.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:38 AM   #170
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Where is the shortlist? I am a commish only in a fictional league.. I shortlisted players.. but I only see shortlist on the team info (roster, etc.) heading.. Where in the world is the GM/commish shortlist listed in the world?
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:21 AM   #171
Edster007
All Star Starter

I have gone through every resolution option in both windowed and full screen and cant seem to find one that lets me see the bottom of the game screen. Plenty of options for the day to day screen but cant leave the game screen without forcing quit on my macbook. Any suggestions?
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 AM   #172
hluraven
Major Leagues

Is there/will there be a demo at any point?
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 AM   #173
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Where is the shortlist? I am a commish only in a fictional league.. I shortlisted players.. but I only see shortlist on the team info (roster, etc.) heading.. Where in the world is the GM/commish shortlist listed in the world?
You can select your shortlist in one of the boxes on the manager home screen.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:50 AM   #174
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
I know somewhere someone said that u can expand nhl, ahl and echo but can u expand leagues like ohl, who etc

Reason why I ask is because I want to recreate history and keep Belleville in ohl and just create Hamilton as a ohl expansion?
No, at the moment it's only possible to expand the NHL.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:51 AM   #175
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
Is there/will there be a demo at any point?
Probably, we usually release demos 6-8 weeks after the official release.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #176
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Two questions for developers.

Where can i change the way ratings are presented. I hope you can choose Ovr or 20/20 ratings to represent all the players. Never liked the stars system.

Where can you edit league rules like OT format or continues OT?

Where can you edit the finances?

Thank you.
Havokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:44 AM   #177
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

First of all, what a really great game you have created, I'm thrilled!!
I have some questions;
When will you guys fix the Swedish Hockey League, Allsvenskan and their youth-team rosters up-to-date and the club-finances, player ratings, player salarys, player contract length, player numbers, player positions, player ability and player potential to all these clubs?
Many things that must be fixed there so it being more truly and realistic as in real life

Last edited by Peter-; 09-29-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #178
jaguar8311
Minors (Triple A)

Is there anyway to see A players draft ranking (central scouting) when it's draft day and you're looking at the potential list of players to select?
jaguar8311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:13 AM   #179
JMocks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm loving this game so far. Huge improvement over FHM1. My biggest concern is the AI when it comes to trading. I saw the Kings trade away their franchise goaltender in Johnathan Quick to the Leafs for two old, declining veterans. Why? The Kings are still Stanley Cup contenders. And it definitely wasn't a rebuild move because they didn't receive any prospects back.

The Kings also traded Toffoli to the Ducks for veteran Kesler. Once again, this trade makes no sense. Especially when Kesler went right up on the Kings block. What was the purpose of that trade?

I really hope something is done about the AI trading.
JMocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #180
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Trading

Is there a way to turn off trading except for human controlled teams? I like to play historical and would like to keep it as real as possible? Thanks
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote