Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #261
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Guess the numbers just prove it's natural the league for that country will always be pre-dominantly made up of that region's players, i.e. North Americans being in the NHL and Russians in the KHL. Of course there's always going to be some diversity but in large part, it makes sense to have a lot of Americans and Canadians in a US based league for fictional play. Though I'm glad they'll still include the scattered Europeans anyway, for realism's sake.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #262
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

My main concern is that if you have 23 of 30 teams in the US, does that mean that 75% of the players will be American?
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #263
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

In the League Standings will we be able to see an e-(eliminated from playoffs) next to teams that no longer qualify for the playoffs?

Example:

e-Toronto Maple Leafs GP-1 W-0 L-1 Pts-0 (automatically doesn't qualify for playoffs)
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #264
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

We are now halfway into May, almost into the late portion... are we getting any news on a release date soon?
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #265
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm View Post
We are now halfway into May, almost into the late portion... are we getting any news on a release date soon?
Really glad I'm not the only one concerned with this, but the only answer we'll get is that it's coming late may, I just can't believe how OOTP had a couple of infos Road to Releases blogs and infos before releasing, and we get teaser screens instead.. I just hope it's not delayed although it looks like it's going that way
Jayrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #266
Penfold75
Major Leagues

It has been brilliant seeing the teaser screens as it shows how far FHM2 has progressed and completely changed from the first version. The work that has been put in so far is very impressive and the development team should be highly praised for it.

However, I am not going to say that people won't buy the game, as I know I will, but I wonder how forgiving the community would be about any possible delay. We have been told for a long time that FHM2 would be released late May which was a date that has been set and published by OOTP themselves. It has been a long time since the last patch for FHM2014 and we are still waiting for the patch that has been promised prior to the release of FHM2. With May rapidly disappearing and no sign of the patch at least I do (in my opinion) wonder if a delay is going to be announced.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #267
BobC
Bat Boy

I've been -- and still am -- pretty critical of the development team. The first release was a disaster (IMO) and I'm skeptical about their ability to deliver on their promises this time. Having said that, I must defend them here. They've repeatedly said the late May release date was an estimate and they would only release the game when it was ready. I don't think it's fair to slam them if there is a delay when they've clearly articulated this.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:42 PM   #268
Penfold75
Major Leagues

I don't see anywhere in my post that I am slamming anyone in fact I am quite complimentary. I just feel that as May is disappearing we should at least be hearing something about the release of the patch for FHM2014 that is supposed to be coming out before FHM2 is released. If FHM2 is estimated to appear 'Late May' which could mean June or July that is fine but there should at least be some word on the release of the patch. After all we have been waiting for that longer than we have been waiting for FHM2.

I am dying to get my hands on FHM2014 with a few tweaks and fixes and the much anticipated new match engine to keep me going until FHM2 comes out.

Last edited by Penfold75; 05-15-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #269
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The thing is, Sebastian said he was on time for the late May release last time I asked him (early May) and they gave us the Teaser Thread, but no info on release. I mean this is the same company that did the great launch for OOTP 16, I know they don't have any engagement right now, but you have to admit it's hard to keep the excitement with such few statements concerning the launch
Jayrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #270
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
IThey've repeatedly said the late May release date was an estimate and they would only release the game when it was ready. I don't think it's fair to slam them if there is a delay when they've clearly articulated this.
This.

The release date of late May was listed as tentative. I'll let Sebastian speak for himself about the plans for release, but the ultimate priority is releasing a game that is finished, not meeting a certain date on the calendar.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #271
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
This.

The release date of late May was listed as tentative. I'll let Sebastian speak for himself about the plans for release, but the ultimate priority is releasing a game that is finished, not meeting a certain date on the calendar.
Yup, understood. Thanks.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #272
JMocks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
This.

Exactly. I rather have a COMPLETE game than something that is rushed to meet consumers wants. If this game is anything like the quality OOTP, it will be the best hockey sim out there IMHO.
JMocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #273
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

How does player fatigue work game-to-game? Will players and goalies be fatigued down the stretch at the end of the season if they have a lot of back to back games?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #274
Runtar
Bat Boy

In fhm1 it was impossible that a young player with potential 5.0-7.0 could grow into a superstar with the ability 8.5-9-10. In real life, this happens quite often. We would like to fhm2 it was somehow realized.
Runtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #275
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

So it's been like a week and a half since we've seen any kind of screen shots of this game. What's going on with the process? The end of May is fast approaching and not even a whisper as to the release date of this game. I understand that the end of May was an approximation of the games release but are you still on track? Are you pushing back the release?
I wish the developers would post more information about the game. Believe me, that would cause even more buzz. It was that original post with all that information about FHM2 that got me so excited that i couldn't wait for it to come out and made me buy FHM1.

I have not played that game in 2 months and likely won't play it again and the only reason it has not been deleted is because myself and countless others are waiting for that new game engine to try out. Thank god for EHM:EA to keep us busy. Whenever the game does release i do hope it's a success though. I just hope that regular updates/patches for the game will be released wayyyyy more often than it was for FHM1. I have high hopes for this game and i can't wait to play it. Of course that's obvious, otherwise i wouldn't be wasting my time writing this
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #276
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I am also wondering the same thing. Where is the match engine release for FHM? If you say something keep your word...
Havokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #277
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
I am also wondering the same thing. Where is the match engine release for FHM? If you say something keep your word...
They said the rough date was end of may. No exact date given.
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #278
Hallsy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was wondering if with FHM 2 we have options to start from the 2014,2015 draft or the start of the 2014-2015 season
Hallsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #279
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
They said the rough date was end of may. No exact date given.
The rough date for FHM2 was the end of May 2015. I think Havokk is asking about the Match Engine patch for FHM1 (first mentioned in January 2014 IIRC)

Here's the most recent comments regarding the FHM1 Match Engine patch that I'm aware of http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ong-patch.html
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #280
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Yes that was exactly what i meant. The developers promised that before FHM 2 comes out that they will release the match engine. So if the FHM2 is coming out end of MAY then where is the promised match engine for people such as my self to play?
Havokk is offline   Reply With Quote