Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #81
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

I never said Markus indicated that he would give daily updates. I never even implied it. So please don't try to put words in my mouth. I'm merely recounting an event from the past.

And if you'd like to start reading, here is a good place to start: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...der-folks.html

Hard to believe it was almost five years ago. Time certainly does fly.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #82
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
{b]I never said Markus indicated that he would give daily updates. I never even implied it.[/b] So please don't try to put words in my mouth. I'm merely recounting an event from the past.

And if you'd like to start reading, here is a good place to start: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...der-folks.html

Hard to believe it was almost five years ago. Time certainly does fly.
So if he didn't promise regular updates then please explain how you can accuse him of disappearing. That is a clear implication.

Markus takes pre-orders every year. He gives updates when he can. Some years more, some years less. He has NEVER disappeared.

So someone starts a thread and it must be gospel - try reading the very first post in that thread. It points out exactly what I said - people and their sense of entitlement.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 03-05-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #83
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

hope this gets done before the Kesler deal gets done...oh wait.

some ppl need to lighten the heck up. waving your pom poms or crying a river isn't going to get anything done any faster.

that being said... the trade deadline is now 1 hour old... and counting
Redeemed143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #84
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
So if he didn't promise regular updates then please explain how you can accuse him of disappearing. That is a clear implication.

Markus takes pre-orders every year. He gives updates when he can. Some years more, some years less. He has NEVER disappeared.

So someone starts a thread and it must be gospel - try reading the very first post in that thread. It points out exactly what I said - people and their sense of entitlement.
<sigh>

Clearly there is an area between "constant updates" and "zero updates" that you are unaware of.

That being said, I won't allow you to drag me into a childish argument that has no bearing in the grand scheme of things. So I'll just wish you a good day and move on with mine.

Cheers.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #85
Duranium
All Star Starter

*sitting in front of the PC, enjoying Red Bull and can´t stop giggling*

A few more days until the patch, imo more than enough updates, and still the Kindergarten shows up again...

They gave us an approx. release date of the patch, informed us about everything that gets fixed and updated and now please tell me where´s the difference getting all the info within one week or spreaded out over 6-7 weeks? wanna get an update what Jeff and Seb got for lunch?

Still don´t get it how it´s possible that some ppl never get pleased, but well, to each it´s own...

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #86
bob
Minors (Double A)

Talking

honestly. I can not wait for the next update. the only thing I wish is that the historical method does not crash after 5 years and I can make myself a 2025 or whatever. this is the only things that I hope with all my heart
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #87
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

No matter what part of the world you live in, March 5 has come and gone without a patch or even a short note if and when it will be released ...

This whole thing remains the same sad story ...
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #88
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
No matter what part of the world you live in, March 5 has come and gone without a patch or even a short note if and when it will be released ...

As far as I know nobody ever said that it will be released on March 5. It's supposed to be released after that day. And believe me that the whole team is working heavily on getting the patch ready.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #89
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post

...and?...

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #90
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Obviously didn't read the post on the development blog that stated they were hoping to get the patch released before the weekend, but they ran into a few difficulties with a problematic bug and it was more likely to be released after the weekend, when they have fixed that little thing.

Have faith my friend.

Also, on a side note, I have just downloaded a demo of OOTP13 and OMG it is so much more sophisticated than FHM, naturally. I just don't understand baseball enough to actually buy the game. Here's to the future of FHM. i can't wait for it to get to that level.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #91
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
As far as I know nobody ever said that it will be released on March 5. It's supposed to be released after that day. And believe me that the whole team is working heavily on getting the patch ready.
How often have you written the bolded part in, let's say, the last nine months?
Maybe it was not always you (probably), but I think I've read this sentence at least 30 times on here. Now, if I could finally play this game I wouldn't actually mind reading that sentence all the time.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #92
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
How often have you written the bolded part in, let's say, the last nine months?
How often do you think it happened that this wasn't true?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #93
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
How often do you think it happened that this wasn't true?
Oh, I'm sure your claim has always been true. But in a way I'm not sure if that's really a good thing. I think I'd rather spend money on games that work then on people who may or may not make this game work at some point.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #94
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
Also, on a side note, I have just downloaded a demo of OOTP13 and OMG it is so much more sophisticated than FHM, naturally. I just don't understand baseball enough to actually buy the game. Here's to the future of FHM. i can't wait for it to get to that level.
Try free OOTP 8.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #95
pens66
Major Leagues

edit: forget it... mistake.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #96
Cards>Cubs
Minors (Single A)

Folks need to lighten up a bit. I understand that consumers have the right to gripe but I just dont get the feeling that these folks are sleeping on the job or trying to skirt issues. The communication seems to be adequate. Remember, these folks are not trying to alienate the fan base, they are building the foundation for the franchise moving forward, in fact, I would say that they have been far more open and communicative about whats going on than many many other game developers.
Cards>Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #97
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

While some might think that communication is adequate the problem is that while adequate the communication is not what was promised to an already upset community.

It goes back to what a previous poster said: under promise and over deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards>Cubs View Post
Folks need to lighten up a bit. I understand that consumers have the right to gripe but I just dont get the feeling that these folks are sleeping on the job or trying to skirt issues. The communication seems to be adequate. Remember, these folks are not trying to alienate the fan base, they are building the foundation for the franchise moving forward, in fact, I would say that they have been far more open and communicative about whats going on than many many other game developers.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #98
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will everyone need to start all over at Square One once the new patch is released?

I have one league that needs the playoffs completed then I will watch for the new patch.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #99
ellcar
Bat Boy

plz

plz plz fix the teams airizona wtf is that plz simulate the nhl or dont lie in advert's that u ****ing do i bought ur game and my ****ing nhl doesnt even have the official teams now u say u cant add the new teams coming out ****ing bull**** this is not and nhl simulater its a fantasy game made up with a fantasy league that follows rough outline of the realy nhl sigh plz plz come back NHL EHM. SORRY for being rude but i really thought u would have fixed that first as i said u dont even simulate a real ****ing league what a waste of 50$ cross my fingers in hopes they fix what they so lied about at start of this........
ellcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #100
Hootowl9
Minors (Double A)

Wink Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellcar View Post
plz plz fix the teams airizona wtf is that plz simulate the nhl or dont lie in advert's that u ****ing do i bought ur game and my ****ing nhl doesnt even have the official teams now u say u cant add the new teams coming out ****ing bull**** this is not and nhl simulater its a fantasy game made up with a fantasy league that follows rough outline of the realy nhl sigh plz plz come back NHL EHM. SORRY for being rude but i really thought u would have fixed that first as i said u dont even simulate a real ****ing league what a waste of 50$ cross my fingers in hopes they fix what they so lied about at start of this........

You really should stop sniffing those spray paint cans...........
Hootowl9 is offline   Reply With Quote