Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #61
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

You mean March 5th...thankfully!

:-)
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #62
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
You mean March 5th...thankfully!

:-)
of course...lol....my bad

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #63
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know what to think of it..

I see so much sloppy stuff happen it's unbelievable. But I'll judge after the 5th, if this game will still be 'sloppy' (in my opinion) at that point I will be done with the support of OOTP towards the future. It's not because of the money, I'm more than happy to invest, contribute, donate and support something new and exciting but it's the complete picture in general that bugs me a lot, I've never seen communication and development happen at this level in my life.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #64
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
not frustrated at all ....Seb or Jeff told us (maybe check the posts) the patch arrives around the trade deadline (May 5th) so no need to expect news every other day
So I'm supposed to have blind faith they'll deliver on that, when they can't even deliver on giving us 4-5 updates a week in a thread they created to do so?

I'm not saying I've jumped ship, but I'm starting to tally up the broken promises and complete lack of communication.

This next patch, if it is indeed out this week or next, better be ground breaking.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 AM   #65
dmytron

They just don't have time now to write updates. Have you ever heard of the word "deadline"?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #66
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
They just don't have time now to write updates. Have you ever heard of the word "deadline"?
Haha, what deadline? There is no deadline (for the patch).
"Some time after the NHL trade deadline" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. If you truly believe you'll see the patch on Thursday you will be in for a surprise.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #67
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Have you ever heard of the job position PR or community manager

And it doesn't have to be a real paid job position it can just be some dude you trust, has been around for a while and who loves to volunteer to keep FHM at a decent level of communication. This dude just reads almost everything at those FHM forums, looks online what's being said about FHM in general ( *optional Twitter & Facebook ) and makes a list of 10 questions the community has, he reports to the developers and the developers report back to him with answers as good as they can.

It's not rocket science, even developers have smartphones with a mail app on them those days.
You can't tell me developers don't have a few minutes off to respond to 10 questions of the community manager each day or 2 maybe 3 or 4. It's not all that complicated if you're willing to think in solutions and care about your community. Letting those forums drop completely dead of traffic because you're simply don't like to comment is a shame and it will hurt your game in the end.
It doesn't have to be all professional and stuff like that but at least create some layer of communication and see where things go from there. Saying option A and doing option B after 1 month isn't the best way forward.

And when we're talking about a community manager the next step would be a WEB manager (developer) or some dude who loves to make the web more beautiful and redesign OOTP's general online experience.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #68
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

No expansion-no interest.

If expansion was available-I would play the game everyday or at least every other day.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #69
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Haha, what deadline? There is no deadline (for the patch).
"Some time after the NHL trade deadline" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. If you truly believe you'll see the patch on Thursday you will be in for a surprise.

There is a deadline! They have said that will make patch sometimes after NHL deadline. You won't wait after deadline another two weeks while they close all current bugs, would you? Before deadline they have to make all clear and working, then just update database, test it, and voila!

When I programmed "Basketball One-on-One Matchup" (you can find it in the "Talk about Sports"), I sometimes decided more to code than to write about what I code , because while you chat with forumers time goes by. So now I can understand Seb.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #70
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
not frustrated at all ....Seb or Jeff told us (maybe check the posts) the patch arrives around the trade deadline (May 5th) so no need to expect news every other day
So the last post in the update thread was on Feb 17 (with two more the previous 2 weeks) ...

So if these guys work 24/7 for the last 4 weeks without having time to post anything else on the boards ... this next patch will be epic
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #71
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
No expansion-no interest.

If expansion was available-I would play the game everyday or at least every other day.
Well Mr. Orioles1966, I for one choose stability and execution of game results to mimic realism and perform check's and behind the scenes executables to make FHM game results, trades, player development, tactics, AI, etc.. (List goes on and on) to being able to add cities and teams at this time.

If the game provides no interest to you because they're isn't an option to add your favorite city and team name to the game quite yet then perhaps your playing the wrong game or you need to wait till they implement this feature in the future before you decide to play FHM again ? I don't mean to sound like an arsehole here but expansion isn't the end all of things here in what this game is lacking in terms of playability at this time is it ? I for one wish they'd get the fighting in sync as I'm tired of Corey Perry fighting an obvious monster in Brian McGrattan in my seasons while Maroon and Jackman sit on they're ass's or scratched in leu of some 5.0 player that obviously can't even make an ECHL team.... not to mention they're 18 -20 yr old rookies sit all year on the roster rotting and not developing as they should thus turning into UFA's at seasons end ?

They're are ton's of opinions and ideas that you and everyone else here has but much like the Fiction community, I'm sure they'll finally get to the point of adding galactic interstellar leagues for they're amusement as well, but the majority of the people including myself would like a Hockey Sim of reality and offering the most realistic expierence available.

Last edited by BlackIce; 03-04-2014 at 01:07 PM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #72
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
There is a deadline! They have said that will make patch sometimes after NHL deadline.
So the patch will be out sometime between March 5th and eternity.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #73
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
You're right, but I don't think that eternity will last more than three days (OK, OK, the week, if you insist).
Old 03-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #74
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Under-promise and over-deliver. These are two terms you probably won't find in the OOTP Developments mission statement (if there actually is one).

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #75
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
Under-promise and over-deliver. These are two terms you probably won't find in the OOTP Developments mission statement (if there actually is one).

What do you mean exactly?
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #76
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:

Have you ever played OOTP? If you'd say something like that, I'm guessing you haven't.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #77
Stat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
What do you mean exactly?
It's a common saying for managing expectations. Under-promising and over-delivering leaves your fans happy. On the other hand, over-promising and under-delivering leaves your fans upset. You may get the same amount of game but in each scenario, your consumers/boss/client will perceive you differently.

It's about managing expectations. One minor example is that Sebastian would keep us updated 4-5x a week. In reality, it would have been better and more realistic from a time management point-of-view for Sebastian to answer a few questions weekly from the community or provide as weekly on an update, than saying he would update us more frequently. As he got busy, people got upset that they didn't get what they perceived they were promise - updates more frequently. Now, it is what it is, but the idea its better to manage expectations realistically especially when it comes to communicating the game to your passionate fans.
Stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #78
BostonStrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
I don't like how Jeff said he can't promise that it will be ready by the weekend I knew this would happen they say around the 5th so I was guessing the 6th maybe the 7th but I bet it won't be till next week it's always something.... Oh well it sucks but I'd rather a bug free patch then a patch with a ton of bugs/issues like in the past
BostonStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #79
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat View Post
It's a common saying for managing expectations. Under-promising and over-delivering leaves your fans happy. On the other hand, over-promising and under-delivering leaves your fans upset. You may get the same amount of game but in each scenario, your consumers/boss/client will perceive you differently.

It's about managing expectations. One minor example is that Sebastian would keep us updated 4-5x a week. In reality, it would have been better and more realistic from a time management point-of-view for Sebastian to answer a few questions weekly from the community or provide as weekly on an update, than saying he would update us more frequently. As he got busy, people got upset that they didn't get what they perceived they were promise - updates more frequently. Now, it is what it is, but the idea its better to manage expectations realistically especially when it comes to communicating the game to your passionate fans.

Exactly what I was going for. Thank you.

This almost same situation arose a couple of years ago with OOTP. Markus and company took numerous people's money for the pre-order and then disappeared for weeks without any information on the release date, etc. It certainly left a bad taste in a lot of paying customers' mouths and seems to be almost standard operating procedure for the company.

So to answer your question, lukasberger, yes, I have played OOTP.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.

Last edited by PotatoPeeler; 03-05-2014 at 03:10 PM.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #80
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Exactly what I was going for. Thank you.

This almost same situation arose a couple of years ago with OOTP. Markus and company took numerous people's money for the pre-order and then disappeared for weeks without any information on the release date, etc. It certainly left a bad taste in a lot of paying customers' mouths and seems to be almost standard operating procedure for the company.

So to answer your question, lukasberger, yes, I have played OOTP.
What a croc of BS. And please, while you're making those insane accusations, point out the post where they said they would give daily updates to keep the whiners happy.

Some people's sense of entitlement is just beyond anything.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote