Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #61
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

anybody know if they do have plans to turn on the functions for editing league structure???
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #62
gosens
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I want to use this thread in the future to keep you up to date on the development of FHM.
Sebastian and Jeff - A request regarding these forums.

It's great to have a post with development updates, but inevitably it has become bogged down with feature requests and general discussion. It is the same thing effectively as the bug report thread (which does contain bug reports, but also feature requests) and the periodic "version x released" thread which then attracts bug reports and feature requests. Same thing happened for the Game Systems threads.

I'd like a thread that I can subscribe to and get notifications when there are posts from OOTP staff, not when the community responds. Otherwise I get notifications for all the responses - or I can ignore it but then I have to check the site to see if there's an update, defeating the purpose of the notifications. I then spend a bunch of time going through the responses to see if there is anything from Sebastian or Jeff.

My suggestion: Please create a locked thread for official updates and news, new versions being released, etc. and post all events in here. If you want discussion, post an open thread but also add a message in the official thread mentioning the discussion. Then we can always be notified when there is something "new".

Create a separate thread for feature requests (separate from the bug reports) that people can then go to when they want to comment on the latest announcement or release.

Thank you.
gosens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #63
pisquid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosens View Post
Sebastian and Jeff - A request regarding these forums.

It's great to have a post with development updates, but inevitably it has become bogged down with feature requests and general discussion. It is the same thing effectively as the bug report thread (which does contain bug reports, but also feature requests) and the periodic "version x released" thread which then attracts bug reports and feature requests. Same thing happened for the Game Systems threads.

I'd like a thread that I can subscribe to and get notifications when there are posts from OOTP staff, not when the community responds. Otherwise I get notifications for all the responses - or I can ignore it but then I have to check the site to see if there's an update, defeating the purpose of the notifications. I then spend a bunch of time going through the responses to see if there is anything from Sebastian or Jeff.

My suggestion: Please create a locked thread for official updates and news, new versions being released, etc. and post all events in here. If you want discussion, post an open thread but also add a message in the official thread mentioning the discussion. Then we can always be notified when there is something "new".

Create a separate thread for feature requests (separate from the bug reports) that people can then go to when they want to comment on the latest announcement or release.

Thank you.
Great idea. I've always wondered why people clutter up a thread entitled "Developer Update Thread" with topics that are better located elsewhere on the forum.
pisquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #64
wolfclanwolfman
Bat Boy

team logos

HI,

Just wondering when and if we will be able to use real team logo, and can we have the ability to insert then, I tried to puy some new ones in the quickgame graphics folder but the game didnt reconize them

It would be an added pleasure to have real team logo available
wolfclanwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #65
Sebastien
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Patch

Hey guys just want to know how it was going with the patch? Is it going to be ready this week or maybe do you prefer to push the release to next week? If so its not the end of the world... Just want to know thanks.
Sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #66
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfclanwolfman View Post
HI,

Just wondering when and if we will be able to use real team logo, and can we have the ability to insert then, I tried to puy some new ones in the quickgame graphics folder but the game didnt reconize them

It would be an added pleasure to have real team logo available
You can find logos and facepacks for this game on Breakaway forums (TBN - thebreakaway.net) and they're free and for many leagues. Definitely worth a look.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #67
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Dare we hope for a patch today?
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:46 AM   #68
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
Dare we hope for a patch today?
Dare. Dare.

Curious if anyone gets the reference lol
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #69
Deriken
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hmmm how about.."oh no, don't do that. If you shoot him you'll just make him mad."
Old 11-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #70
Penfold75
Major Leagues

One for the logos thread ??

'Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.'
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #71
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien View Post
Hey guys just want to know how it was going with the patch? Is it going to be ready this week or maybe do you prefer to push the release to next week? If so its not the end of the world... Just want to know thanks.
the FHM-Facebook dude told me that the patch probably hits the streets sometime next week
Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #72
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
the FHM-Facebook dude told me that the patch probably hits the streets sometime next week

I just completed the playoffs, so there is no point in starting another season, so it's back to playing OOTO14.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #73
Sebastien
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Update

Hey Dev people! With all due respect it is maybe time for an update... Since the last one you made is no longer UP to DATE.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #74
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien View Post
Hey Dev people! With all due respect it is maybe time for an update... Since the last one you made is no longer UP to DATE.
A poster on another thread said it was mentioned on Facebook that the next patch will be released sometime next week.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #75
Sebastien
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
A poster on another thread said it was mentioned on Facebook that the next patch will be released sometime next week.
Thanks... But its kinda weird if they post there but not here. Are they assuming that everybody is using facebook? I for one do not. So anyway this is their forum and this is the Update thread so we should at least expect it to be Up To Date... man im not asking for the moon here... Anyway those are just strange way to manage we want but we dont we do but not fully we are here but not we appreciate your feedback but not that much... I mean everybody that are posting these days on this forum should have a reply. Cuz there is only 2 or 3 new thread a day. And that is pretty much all i got to say about that.

Hope that i do not sound angry or something because im not. So for the fan boys. Sorry and have a nice day all
Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #76
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

This really goes back to the suggestion by gosens. If there was a stickied thread where only official OOTP people could post an update, a lot of peoples' questions would be answered as to the current "state". If there is no update for a while, they're busy working (which I'm fairly certain is what is happening now.)
jslmsca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #77
Sebastien
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslmsca View Post
This really goes back to the suggestion by gosens. If there was a stickied thread where only official OOTP people could post an update, a lot of peoples' questions would be answered as to the current "state". If there is no update for a while, they're busy working (which I'm fairly certain is what is happening now.)
You must be right. And to be honest if im getting impatient for an update and a new patch its because im starting to really enjoy the game.

So yeah keep up the hard work dev !
Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #78
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

If you knew the amount of workload two devs have to work with you'd be patient. Yes, a single thread would be nice for all to be kept abreast on how things are going, but they have lives as well. And it takes time and money. This is a small company, in case some people didn't know.

We live in a society of microwave ovens; we want it now. It doesn't work that way. Do you want a patch with more bugs just so it gets shoved out the door to appease the masses?

Be patient

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #79
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post
If you knew the amount of workload two devs have to work with you'd be patient. Yes, a single thread would be nice for all to be kept abreast on how things are going, but they have lives as well. And it takes time and money. This is a small company, in case some people didn't know.

We live in a society of microwave ovens; we want it now. It doesn't work that way. Do you want a patch with more bugs just so it gets shoved out the door to appease the masses?

Be patient
The reason a lot of people are impatient was the poor quality of the released version and the fact that they are having to wait for patches to fix very basic parts of the game that should have been working upon release.

There are other members of this team who are not developers who could be handling the communication of updates better. There is a guy who moderates on this forum (he has closed a few threads) can't remember his name for example, he could post if he was provided with the information for updates.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #80
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post

Be patient
Except ... why is the software industry given a pass on releasing half finished/buggy software? Do you buy a pair of jeans then wait for the manufacturer to release an update so the zipper works? I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to expect the product they purchased to operate as advertised. Currently, FHM is in a state where in my opinion it does not do this. The balance issues with player development and the AI releasing top prospects in order to horde marginal players makes this game unenjoyable to the point of unplayable to myself. Why simulate a multi-decade career when the AI doesn't have the whits to develop it's talent? All I have to do is wait for the off-season and sign their first round draft picks when they release them.

If FHM hadn't released in such a poor fashion, with the bugs and balance issues it did I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be as impatient as they are.

Last edited by Mordrehl; 11-24-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote