Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #21
nichklasbäckström
Minors (Rookie Ball)

@jeff

In the next update i hope is contains better Stats. ALL NHL Awards, the All Star TEAMS /First,Second,Rookie) in End of Season and so on.?
Is one of the things what a Manager-Game need.
nichklasbäckström is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #22
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will there ever be a warning(like in OOTP14) when a team doesn't have enough players on their roster for their next game?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 11-12-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #23
Särås
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
I'm just hoping for some improvement in scouting, drafting and player development. Also hope the declining goaltender is a thing of the past...
I hope for this, and of corse make the game possible to play on my macbook!

Car maniac and hockey enthusiast...
Särås is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Will there ever be a warning(like in OOTP14) when a team doesn't have enough players on their roster for their next game?
Can you please give a few more infos on this as you should get a popup warning.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Can you please give a few more infos on this as you should get a popup warning.
I just attempted to play a game(Custom League) and one team was short a player,so the game crashed.As soon as I added a player,the game became playable again. If I get a warning ahead of time,I can stock up the roster or rosters. Don't want to have to check 60 teams before every day's schedule to make sure every team has enough players.

I haven't had a crash in a few seasons until I started messing with team's rosters.

Another idea would have a league page that list's every team in the league with the number of players on their roster per position.

Yet another idea,have a tab(like they do in OOTP14) which fills teams with fictional players so this will solve the problem of rosters being short on players.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 11-12-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPain View Post
Anything on the player attiributes not developing over 20? Or was it working as intended? They're just that rare? Thanks.
It wasn't happening, but we've got a plan to implement it now. It may not go in with this patch, but it's coming.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It wasn't happening, but we've got a plan to implement it now. It may not go in with this patch, but it's coming.

Hi,

What I want to address here is simply what I would like to see worked on, in regards to the 'eye candy' factor, that makes OOTP games so fantastic. Just tweaks and additions to the game that I feel need to be done (hopefully, over the next few updates/patches).

To wit :

1.-Facegen. Yes, this is needed badly. I play a fictional draft league and if I have to sit through every game looking at those 'literal' lines of clones, I know I will go crazy, eventually. I find it funny, at the moment, but I know that is going to start to change when I get to mid-season. The other current game screen options are not too appealing, either......

2.-Team Uniform/helmet colors. This is kinda tied in to the Facegen topic, but the clones really need to be dressed up in their team colors and uniforms.

3.-Guys ? How about a little hockey rink, on the game screen, to show the movement of the puck/puck location ? I don't mean those 'flags' that are appearing now, but an actual puck in view.

4.-FASTER Line by Line Play by Play. Even on x6, the game is dreadfully slow. We need more faster PBP options. Between x7-x12, perhaps ? Hockey is somewhat of a fast game, remember, so a faster PBP is really essential here.

5.-Finally, at least for now, COLOR play by play. Team color PBP, to be more exact, so we know what team is in possession, by the color of the text.

Anyhoo, just my thoughts about the look of the game. I didn't really cover audio, but that isn't essential, right now. I know eventually we will be able to add our own goal sounds, etc.

Thanks for your time............
boss1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
mattygabe
Bat Boy

Quote:
Well, I should say that we've fixed some crashes, but there's still the possibility that other crash-causing bugs may exist. But we've gotten a good response to the request for savegames, so that's let us find and fix some of them, likely the most common ones. And we'll keep checking whatever crash saves people are willing to send us.
Very glad that these are all being fixed in the latest patch, and glad that I could help you guys figure that out with my savegame.

Will I still be able to continue my save game? I had just finished my first NHL season and was REALLY looking forward to going through NHL free agency with that team, no matter how bad I was in my first season!
mattygabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #29
Rich Tiger Fan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1968 View Post
Hi,

What I want to address here is simply what I would like to see worked on, in regards to the 'eye candy' factor, that makes OOTP games so fantastic. Just tweaks and additions to the game that I feel need to be done (hopefully, over the next few updates/patches).

To wit :

1.-Facegen. Yes, this is needed badly. I play a fictional draft league and if I have to sit through every game looking at those 'literal' lines of clones, I know I will go crazy, eventually. I find it funny, at the moment, but I know that is going to start to change when I get to mid-season. The other current game screen options are not too appealing, either......

2.-Team Uniform/helmet colors. This is kinda tied in to the Facegen topic, but the clones really need to be dressed up in their team colors and uniforms.

3.-Guys ? How about a little hockey rink, on the game screen, to show the movement of the puck/puck location ? I don't mean those 'flags' that are appearing now, but an actual puck in view.

4.-FASTER Line by Line Play by Play. Even on x6, the game is dreadfully slow. We need more faster PBP options. Between x7-x12, perhaps ? Hockey is somewhat of a fast game, remember, so a faster PBP is really essential here.

5.-Finally, at least for now, COLOR play by play. Team color PBP, to be more exact, so we know what team is in possession, by the color of the text.

Anyhoo, just my thoughts about the look of the game. I didn't really cover audio, but that isn't essential, right now. I know eventually we will be able to add our own goal sounds, etc.

Thanks for your time............
I second this!!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #30
osiris8919
Bat Boy

Quote:
Very minor countries (Mongolia, etc.) should no longer occasionally create NHL star-caliber prospects.
This actually gives me an idea for a way you guys could really separate yourselves from the pack.

Obviously potential values should be capped for these tertiary hockey countries, but that cap should be related to current player abilities and could fluctuate with time and circumstantial changes. Maybe one of these countries can start building a bunch of rinks or funding hockey equipment/camps. These events would slowly raise the potential of their prospects over time and the player, informed by a news event, could decide that perhaps in 10-20 years this might be a region worth scouting.

We can't have Mongolian star players in 2016, but it would be pretty cool to see some Mongolian grinders in 2030.
osiris8919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #31
YZG

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris8919 View Post
This actually gives me an idea for a way you guys could really separate yourselves from the pack.

Obviously potential values should be capped for these tertiary hockey countries, but that cap should be related to current player abilities and could fluctuate with time and circumstantial changes. Maybe one of these countries can start building a bunch of rinks or funding hockey equipment/camps. These events would slowly raise the potential of their prospects over time and the player, informed by a news event, could decide that perhaps in 10-20 years this might be a region worth scouting.

We can't have Mongolian star players in 2016, but it would be pretty cool to see some Mongolian grinders in 2030.
You and I think alike. It could happen on its own, or be initiated and helped by actions of users (within their own country) and would model the way the real hockey world evolves, with new nations lauching hockey programs every now and then, many nations improving, others declining. These things make game worlds lively and interesting even after 50 years of simming.

That's something I really hope to see in FHM in due time.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
TEHLUDDITE
Minors (Rookie Ball)

An extremely minor thing...I'd love to be able to exit viewing a player card with a "right click" as I can in OOTP.
TEHLUDDITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #33
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Nothing about fullscreen Mac issues still?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #34
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris8919 View Post

Probably something that's best tied into international play, once that's added to the game - international success leads to more interest in the game in that country, which leads to improvements in the talent pool, etc. (or the opposite if the national team does poorly in nations where the sport isn't established.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #35
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Nothing about fullscreen Mac issues still?
Can you please go into a bit more detail here? I'm working on the Mac Build at the moment and found one bug where an element (on the In-Game screen) is not fully visible.

For true Fullscreen (as you know it from Windows): it does not seem to work (with our used Framework). The space for the dock bar at the bottom is always visible, even when it is hidden.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #36
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Probably something that's best tied into international play, once that's added to the game - international success leads to more interest in the game in that country, which leads to improvements in the talent pool, etc. (or the opposite if the national team does poorly in nations where the sport isn't established.)
i dont know about that denmark is a rising nation in hockey and their international play isent very good at all as their best players are in the nhl.i think it more has to do with nations close buy is helping developing their players.like sweden has had most of the danish players that are in the nhl in their youth teams and up.like frans nielsen,lars eller.mikkle boedker that just a few of them i think 90% of the danish players in the nhl have had hockey education in sweden.maybe a mix of both of them?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #37
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Can you please go into a bit more detail here? I'm working on the Mac Build at the moment and found one bug where an element (on the In-Game screen) is not fully visible.

For true Fullscreen (as you know it from Windows): it does not seem to work (with our used Framework). The space for the dock bar at the bottom is always visible, even when it is hidden.
When I play OOTP 14 in full screen, it's true full screen. No dock bar, it overtakes the entire screen. FHM doesn't, and it's bad. I've posted numerous photos on it, I'm on my phone and can't link to them now. I'll try and do it later but it makes it completely unplayable.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #38
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
When I play OOTP 14 in full screen, it's true full screen. No dock bar, it overtakes the entire screen. FHM doesn't, and it's bad. I've posted numerous photos on it, I'm on my phone and can't link to them now. I'll try and do it later but it makes it completely unplayable.
We use a different Framework then OOTP.

What do you mean by "unplayable"? What screensize do you have?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #39
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Here's the thread with screenshots

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=234100
Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #40
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Here's the thread with screenshots

Play screen - OOTP Developments Forums
Thanks. What screen resolution do you have?