Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Releasing a patch that is essentially 13-13 is very brave!

Thanks for staying on this game and dealing with your list of tweaks.
Happy Thanksgiving. I have all day to play with FHM.
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
Smetana
All Star Starter

The new database underscores the importance of allowing us to edit injuries. Joni Pitkanen, just as a prominent example. He's out for the season, but we can't have that situation. Either allow us to edit injuries, or change the database to have these season-starting injuries already in place, please.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
julius
Minors (Single A)

No quickstart for previous leagues, November 1 crash

To be more accurate, the game does not accommodate previous saved games at all, which is a big disappointment (and the loss of a lot of editing work).

In the previous build, an existing game (with edits) could be saved as a new quickstart, except that player data was wiped out and all players became "Jim Unknown", which was useless. In either case, whether using this quickstart to start a new league of "Jim Unknowns" or the original edited league file, the game would invariably crash on November 1 first season.

In this latest build, there is no option to save an existing edited league as a quickstart, and running this edited league results, once again, in a complete crash on November 1.

First off, why can't we save our existing leagues as a new quickstart (including the carryover of proper player names)? Why does this league always crash on November 1? What is the point of offering an editing function when it is impossible to use the leagues that have been created and taken so much time to edit? Was this not precisely what we all wanted to avoid?

At this point I am at a loss. I certainly don't want to spend any more time editing if that work gets tossed aside so easily in subsequent patches. And, what assurance do I have that any league so edited isn't going to crash, once again, on November 1? There have been several other posts on this issue, and it is disappointing that it wasn't addressed.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #24
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
To be more accurate, the game does not accommodate previous saved games at all, which is a big disappointment (and the loss of a lot of editing work).

In the previous build, an existing game (with edits) could be saved as a new quickstart, except that player data was wiped out and all players became "Jim Unknown", which was useless. In either case, whether using this quickstart to start a new league of "Jim Unknowns" or the original edited league file, the game would invariably crash on November 1 first season.

In this latest build, there is no option to save an existing edited league as a quickstart, and running this edited league results, once again, in a complete crash on November 1.

First off, why can't we save our existing leagues as a new quickstart (including the carryover of proper player names)? Why does this league always crash on November 1? What is the point of offering an editing function when it is impossible to use the leagues that have been created and taken so much time to edit? Was this not precisely what we all wanted to avoid?

At this point I am at a loss. I certainly don't want to spend any more time editing if that work gets tossed aside so easily in subsequent patches. And, what assurance do I have that any league so edited isn't going to crash, once again, on November 1? There have been several other posts on this issue, and it is disappointing that it wasn't addressed.
It was explained in the initial post why it's not recommended to use saved games from previous versions.
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #25
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkoguy82 View Post
It was explained in the initial post why it's not recommended to use saved games from previous versions.
Plus once all the editors are turned on-you will be able to have bigger and better leagues and the leagues you are playing now will probably be obsolete.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #26
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Custom Game

can i play with out crashes now i want to do like a 90 year custom is that to hard to ask for
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
julius
Minors (Single A)

But why would anyone bother using the new"improved" editing functions to create wonderful new leagues in the game now, when there is no assurance that it won't all be wiped out in the next update? This was precisely what the developers intended to avoid by stating, at the outset of FHM, that saved games (or at least edited data) would be protected in future updates. Complete fail. I, for one, am not going to put any further effort in until I know that I am not going to lose it all in the next update/patch.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
You can send him down no problem as far as I'm aware. Haven't played as NJD, but any of the teams I have controlled, veterans went down without clearing.
I have lost several players to waivers after sending them to the AHL. I get a message warning be they have to clear. Some do, some don't...
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Commisionar mode I believe disables Waivers ... not at home to test, but I recall noticing that
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #30
Smetana
All Star Starter

I can confirm this. Waivers are disabled while in commissioner mode, but appear to work correctly otherwise. Nice to see this working correctly.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #31
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

I think I'm most excited for some sort of tactical system to appear in this game.
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #32
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Keep the coding-machine going..

Old 10-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #33
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris8919 View Post
It seems to work this way only in commissioner mode.
Okay thanks for that info, nice to know. Although, I find it lame that you can't have it work in commissioner mode and otherwise. One of the reasons I use commissioner mode is due to so many inconsistencies with player ratings, and contracts that are way too implausible to let slide.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #34
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkoguy82 View Post
I think the sticking point here is if I remember correctly, a previous post said that going forward, saved game compatibility from patch to patch was not going to be an issue.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #35
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I'm getting a crash after the first season...
Old 10-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #36
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I can confirm this. Waivers are disabled while in commissioner mode, but appear to work correctly otherwise. Nice to see this working correctly.
Well, not correctly, they're supposed to be working in commissioner mode, too (there's no need for it to be otherwise, if you wanted to move a guy to your farm team in commissioner mode without going through waivers, you could just edit the teams.) It was like that in early versions of the game, but was fixed months ago; something we did in the patch must have reverted it back accidentally. I'll put it high on the bug list.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #37
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Well, not correctly, they're supposed to be working in commissioner mode, too (there's no need for it to be otherwise, if you wanted to move a guy to your farm team in commissioner mode without going through waivers, you could just edit the teams.) It was like that in early versions of the game, but was fixed months ago; something we did in the patch must have reverted it back accidentally. I'll put it high on the bug list.
Can we get a list of what is being looked at/worked on for the next patch?

Things I would like and have seen others discuss ...

- Player Development - See Ciccarellie's thread ... highlights of the thread
AI Teams signing low rated players and cutting their high potential draft picks
Not enough talent being generated and/or developed
By 10-15 years out, most players are rated 8 or lower with goalies lower than that.

- Lineup Screen - Option to have assistant fill the holes as well as the entire lineup
- Protected List filter properly (doesn't filter at all)
- Scouting Revamp ... keep the current system, but give us more info (Scouting tab with statements about the hidden attributes ie He's a stay at home defencement who is loyal but not very ambitious etc etc)

Last edited by Mordrehl; 10-15-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #38
Herbie
Bat Boy

Thumbs up Help and Support

I know there has been issues with FHM....but I have to give props to the staff and they have answered all of my questions....be patient with them...

Thanks FHM Crew...
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #39
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

is anyone able to get past the first couple seasons with this patch?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #40
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the patch, it's good to see that the OOTP team is still working hard on this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
With this second bug-fixing patch done, our focus will now move back to adding/improving features, particularly custom mode, editing options, and online play implementation.
For what it's worth I'd recommend concentrating on improving the existing features for now. The stuff being detailed in Ciccarelli's thread is especially concerning.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote