Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #61
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Worth Getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccitydawg View Post
I guess you and I are the ones being ignored here while the Congress and Senate are debating this Hockey game here. Nice going guys! I have bought OOTP 11, 12, and 13 and plan on buying 14 in a couple of weeks. This poster I just quoted was asking a simple question and you all seem to think that it is more important to have a temper fit over a game which 1) just came on the market and, as with anything is a work in progress and 2) is actually a building block in a better product down the road. But noooooo! You guys ignore the new customers to at least this sim and suck each others thumbs and cry about something not being the way it should be. A fine welcome to those who may want to by FHM and a returning customer who may want to by it!
Tisk
Old 10-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #62
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccitydawg View Post
I guess you and I are the ones being ignored here while the Congress and Senate are debating this Hockey game here. Nice going guys! I have bought OOTP 11, 12, and 13 and plan on buying 14 in a couple of weeks. This poster I just quoted was asking a simple question and you all seem to think that it is more important to have a temper fit over a game which 1) just came on the market and, as with anything is a work in progress and 2) is actually a building block in a better product down the road. But noooooo! You guys ignore the new customers to at least this sim and suck each others thumbs and cry about something not being the way it should be. A fine welcome to those who may want to by FHM and a returning customer who may want to by it!
Congress and Senate? Huh?? I've bought every instance of OOTP since 5 and will continue to. When a game "comes on the market" it is expected to deliver a product that lives up to the expectations of the target audience, and this one largely has not.

You are correct in saying it is a building block, however a building block should not cost $40.

I agree 100% that if I had it to do over again I would NOT buy this game, but sadly I made my investment months ago, so now here I am with FHM sitting idle on my desktop waiting for the dev team to deliver something that resembles a realistic hockey simulator. . .

Only time will tell..

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #63
ga66en
Bat Boy

No most defently not. It does not work. I paid 50$ for it and I can play 10 minutes and then it turns of it self and then it doesn't work. And the support do not answer it is an outrage!!!!
ga66en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #64
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga66en View Post
No most defently not. It does not work. I paid 50$ for it and I can play 10 minutes and then it turns of it self and then it doesn't work. And the support do not answer it is an outrage!!!!
get used to it cause that's how this dev team works.the absolute worst customer service around.then they let all there little fan boys talk whatever crap they want to paying customers that complain about the game not working and the fact its been out what a month and a half and its still unplayable.Let me guess where the dev team is probably in vegas with a table full of strippers spending all our money laughing at all of us
JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #65
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazin View Post
get used to it cause that's how this dev team works.the absolute worst customer service around.then they let all there little fan boys talk whatever crap they want to paying customers that complain about the game not working and the fact its been out what a month and a half and its still unplayable.Let me guess where the dev team is probably in vegas with a table full of strippers spending all our money laughing at all of us
Because this kind of game really nets one a profit that allows them to spend money like that. I kind of doubt they have made a profit on this game as of yet.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #66
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
the sales on the game are so slim right now to not even cover the salary of one half time developer. The rate we are going, we will not see a second version of the game and then all the complainers will be happy...at least then we won't have to read their entitled and arrogant posts any longer.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #67
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
the sales on the game are so slim right now to not even cover the salary of one half time developer. The rate we are going, we will not see a second version of the game and then all the complainers will be happy...at least then we won't have to read their entitled and arrogant posts any longer.
Once the editors are turned on(they should be turned on while we are in a beta version???) the sales will go through the roof.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #68
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
The rate we are going, we will not see a second version of the game
that's what I don't get why did they release such a unfinished product instead of postponing the release.i am afraid that we wont see a second version of this game because they released it before it was done.and another hockey sim game goes down the drain,very frustrating
JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #69
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
that's what I don't get why did they release such a unfinished product instead of postponing the release.i am afraid that we wont see a second version of this game because they released it before it was done.and another hockey sim game goes down the drain,very frustrating
They had postponed the release once and people with all in a dither. FHM's mistake come later where they committed to a release date and said that it was written in stone.

What would of been smart would of been extending the Beta, boosting the price back up to regular price, and play it out as a "kickstarter" sort of thing. That way they would of only got purchases from people who were commited to improve the game and the issues at hand instead of people expecting a complete game.

The truth why we are not seeing any apparent responses or "damage control" from the dev is simple. They know the issues people are having. If they were to respond it would take that much longer to correct the issues. In the end what it takes is for them to lock them selves in a room and get programming. In the end of it all, if they get it to where a majority of people expected we will stop seeing the constant complaints and pathetic threats of lawsuits.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote