Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Worth Getting?

Is this game worth getting? Or should I wait for several patches to be released?
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
Is this game worth getting? Or should I wait for several patches to be released?
If you're patient then buy it now, have a look and play around with it.. if you're not then defiantly wait and just keep checking the forums
Old 10-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

There are still a lot of issues that needs to be worked out. Is it worth getting if you have a passing interest in hockey, i'd say not until the game is further along in development. For me it is worth getting so that we see future versions.

If you really want to try it out, i'd say buy it and return it for a full refund within 14 days. Just be aware this is very much still a WIP. It is officially released and has been for alittle while now but it still very much feels and plays like a beta. I might even recommend waiting for a demo if you're still on the fence. They won't release a demo until they are happy with where the game is and from the looks of it they aren't yet.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-06-2013 at 06:17 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Read the forums... Form an opinion for yourself.. Not trying to sound brash but sharing an opinion one way or another tends to get people flamed and accused of trolling.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: With the way things are moving with this game any new purchaser is better off waiting for a demo at the very least to see if it warrants the $40 price tag. Hopefully by the time a demo is released things are improved.
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
dejaqwho
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Nope, and I will guarantee you it will not be worth it at least till mid point of next year, and that is only if they continue to work on it not stop till then. Its still unplayable.

Its an alpha/beta version right now.
dejaqwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger View Post
Short answer: NO.

Long answer: With the way things are moving with this game any new purchaser is better off waiting for a demo at the very least to see if it warrants the $40 price tag. Hopefully by the time a demo is released things are improved.
Interesting release strategy that is, Game released a month ago and no demo still...
traveler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #8
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
Interesting release strategy that is, Game released a month ago and no demo still...
What would they want to show with the demo? That the game doesn't work? Makes sense...
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #9
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

short answer: yes

Game is playable. Of course there are bugs but Still This is great Game. I Like it alot. I have played great seasons in historymode and Modern NHL. No crashing anymore and Game is running smoothly.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #10
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
What would they want to show with the demo? That the game doesn't work? Makes sense...
And why are somebody selling a game that does not work...? interesting strategy to do business indeed...
traveler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #11
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
And why are somebody selling a game that does not work...?
It does work.

You guys really need to stop throwing around this idea that the game is "unplayable" and that it "does not work". You're being melodramatic, and it's not helping anyone.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Worth Getting?

Game is playable, it's just that I can't exactly play it the way I want.

I want to be able to control the player movement through trades and free agency of all the NHL teams with a "true" commissioner mode. This isn't possible right now.

At least in OOTP, you can "Act as" any team to accomplish this. Also if you wanted to, you could create multiple managers and just run each team that way.

Hoping for these abilities to he added eventually.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
It does work.

You guys really need to stop throwing around this idea that the game is "unplayable" and that it "does not work". You're being melodramatic, and it's not helping anyone.
Well, you can play the first season, I give you that, but after that everything falls apart, because players don't develop correctly and the AI can't handle the business side of things.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
sketchyt
Bat Boy

Quote:
It does work.

This is true. The game absolutely works. It's just a bad one.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
It does work.

LOL

This game works in the sense that you can click the icon and the game will start up and run. Anyone who thinks this game works in the sense it is an accurate or realistic hockey simulator is dead wrong.

Last edited by gmerger; 10-07-2013 at 04:56 PM.
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

I think its fun... yes it does need some work still and some things need to be turned on yet (being able to edit league structure is one I want), but I think its still fun... the realism definitely needs work which hopefully will be coming though! Your best option is probably to get the game and like a post above said, get your money back if you don't like it.
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
rocktober
Bat Boy

If you are use to the in depth features that the baseball game had then this one is miles behind and you will be disappointed.
rocktober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
LOL

*This game works in the sense that you can click the icon and the game will start up and run. Anyone who thinks this game works in the sense it is an accurate or realistic hockey simulator is dead wrong. · This game works in the sense that you can click the icon and the game will start up and run. Anyone who thinks this game works in the sense it is an accurate or realistic hockey simulator is dead wrong.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Well, I have defended this game and the company religiously since I got the game but I am at my wits end. I wont be getting a refund or anything cause I know this game will be good but I am done with it for now. I have removed it from my PC and wont be even trying it again for a while.

I can deal with the stats and fights stuff and even wonky contracts but I am tired of restarting when the game constantly crashes again and again.

Sorry but in my opinion, just dont get it right now but keep a look on it, it will be great
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
LOL

*This game works in the sense that you can click the icon and the game will start up and run. Anyone who thinks this game works in the sense it is an accurate or realistic hockey simulator is dead wrong. · This game works in the sense that you can click the icon and the game will start up and run. Anyone who thinks this game works in the sense it is an accurate or realistic hockey simulator is dead wrong.
This game works beyond just clicking the icon and having it start up. See, this is what I'm talking about - you guys need to stop being so dramatic.

OK, you guys hate the game. Cool, we get it. Now go play something else, and let the adults discuss how to improve FHM.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote