Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphilipb View Post
Anyway, I will keep playing around with it and see if I can get anything remotely close to 70's hockey. I look forward to seeing and update in the game that more accurately represents hockey as it was played.
Stop fiddling around. You won't get anything that resembles 70s hockey. The game does not know what fisticuffs are at the current state. Take your time for something useful instead, washing your car or attending the kids or something
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #22
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Stop fiddling around. You won't get anything that resembles 70s hockey. The game does not know what fisticuffs are at the current state. Take your time for something useful instead, washing your car or attending the kids or something
Myself I stopped playing altogether until they can get this worked on and implemented. By the sounds of it JeffR seems to have more of an understanding then the rest of his staff.
Rob316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #23
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Yeah I had offically stopped playing also. I just cannot sit there game after game and get frustrated at the end of my game. I am going to have to pick up NHL 14 too keep my cravings in check. Very sad and disappointed with this product.
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #24
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I should have waited a few years and then purchased a better version then this one. Good god what a mess and its not just the penalties.
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #25
fredh53
Bat Boy

Smile

Try increasing amount of penalties per game. Depending on the teams playing will have an influence on how many fights there. I have had a few games where there were 2 fights.
fredh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #26
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredh53 View Post
Try increasing amount of penalties per game. Depending on the teams playing will have an influence on how many fights there. I have had a few games where there were 2 fights.
you should try reading though a thread before posting
that was already addressed as useless
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #27
Smetana
All Star Starter

I ran some additional tests last night to see if I could get some enforcer action into the game. I took the NHL's top fighters from last season, ensured that their "fighting" attributes were at the appropriate level, and edited them in general so that they should have been in their teams' top 12 forwards. Then simmed the season.

In every case, the AI sent the enforcer to the minors, never to be seen again, even though it was playing lesser, minor-league caliber, players on the NHL team.

The number of fights was reasonably close to reality--it was just the wrong guys. Corey Perry led the league in fights, etc.

So, I still think the true problem lies in getting the AI to properly value these fighters and keep them on the big rosters. If we could clear that hurdle, I'm hopeful the fighting thing would take care of itself.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #28
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

I certainly hope this issue is finally corrected as this has been lingering since BETA was introduced and we are now entering patch 2 of a "NOT BETA" product.

Some things have been introduced like the way the fight's do have a small attribute boost up to the third line but this is not what a final result should have been out of the retail box!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #29
tward13
All Star Starter

Can't wait for this OOTP boxing sim....
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #30
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Can't wait for this OOTP boxing sim....
Honestly, just stop it.
I know that sentence "it's part of the game" sometimes sounds a little too simplistic, but if you can't see that fighting and intimidation are an integral part of hockey then nobody can help you.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #31
tward13
All Star Starter

Or maybe OOTP - The Roman Coliseum

Yes, I know fighting is part of the game. And has been. Also, for historical sims the number and lengths of penalties should be realistic to get the right game results. Still I find it amusing the read the people obsessed with getting fighting correct as opposed to other aspects of the game.

Carry on.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #32
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Honestly, just stop it.
I know that sentence "it's part of the game" sometimes sounds a little too simplistic, but if you can't see that fighting and intimidation are an integral part of hockey then nobody can help you.
And were even more part of the game in the historical context ....

They don't call it a Gordie Howe hat trick for nothing .... not to mention the feared Richard, the Broad Street Bullies etc

While I am not satisfied with how this part of the game is being represented as of yet, I think there are other core issues that need to be addressed first.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #33
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Or maybe OOTP - The Roman Coliseum

Yes, I know fighting is part of the game. And has been. Also, for historical sims the number and lengths of penalties should be realistic to get the right game results. Still I find it amusing the read the people obsessed with getting fighting correct as opposed to other aspects of the game.

Carry on.
It's called realism. It isn't about looking at FHM game summaries and imagining pools of blood on the ice. It's about getting the game right. With PIM and fighting numbers out of whack, the game is not right.

Whether or not statistical realism is important to you is your own personal issue.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #34
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If I could eliminate two things from hockey:

a.) one point for losing(regular season) in OT/shootout

b.) fighting
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
It's called realism. It isn't about looking at FHM game summaries and imagining pools of blood on the ice. It's about getting the game right. With PIM and fighting numbers out of whack, the game is not right.

Whether or not statistical realism is important to you is your own personal issue.
PIM need to be right to get the correct results in the games. Whether it says some goon beat up another goon is unimportant to me. I gather from reading this and other threads that this is of utmost importance to some. I think there are other priorities.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #36
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
PIM need to be right to get the correct results in the games. Whether it says some goon beat up another goon is unimportant to me. I gather from reading this and other threads that this is of utmost importance to some. I think there are other priorities.
We all like the AI to behave realistically, i. e. sign players to reasonable contracts, make logical trades etc. But this being a hockey management simulation the developers should aim to not only get the front office part right, but the on-ice part as well.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #37
John Madden
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Honestly, just stop it.
If it's so integral to the game, why do most leagues not allow it?
John Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #38
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
If it's so integral to the game, why do most leagues not allow it?
Why do fights still happen in every league?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #39
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

Why are some of you pantywaists even bothering to post in the big boy threads such as fighting is a head scratcher ? Fighting is a big part of hockey, just like bodychecking. Are you afraid to see players throwing they're weight around as well ?

I'll tell ya what... stay in your facegen threads and other fancy "needless" features you people want to see while us real "men" and "fans" convince a team of computer developers to hopefully see the light on why "fighting" is, has been, and will always be an integral part of hockey.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #40
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Um...I want to see fighting/PIMs in this game, realistically done, so I can recreate 1970s hockey. Dave "Hammer" Schultz and Tiger Williams shouldn't have to spend their whole careers in the minors.

But I like facegen too. Makes the game more realistic to have actual player faces and uniforms than just cartoon faces or whatever. So insult the Greenpeace goofballs if you want, but come on. Not everybody plays OOTP/FHM the same way, or for the same reasons. Bit trollish there, don't you think?
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote