Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #121
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Maybe I'm just spoiled by larger projects that tend to have constant communication with their public on a daily basis :P
Please give me an example? People are just spoiled period with 24/7 information feeds via twitter, forums, news sites etc etc. Why don't you head on over to EA and see how fast you get an official response from them for any one of their games. OOTP's team is one of the best in keeping people up to date and giving support. They will post when they actually know more...at this point there is no update and that's okay. They already give us an update on an update...what do you want? Now you want another update for an update? The status is the same as it was. Just go re-read that one. Get real, buddy.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-2-update.html

Enough with requests for updates on an update for another update. They will give that update when it has changed from the forum provided above, it was only a week ago. It's quite sad that people feel entitled for one. It's one thing to want the actual patch, it's another to want constant updates on the status of the incoming patch

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-24-2013 at 08:40 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #122
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

OMG, the need to constantly jump on posters that are asking for info !! I just don't get that ...

I for sure would like to know if i at least could start playing at NHL' s season start for instance, but hey, i'm just a spoiled child !!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #123
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorreporre View Post
OMG, the need to constantly jump on posters that are asking for info !! I just don't get that ...

I for sure would like to know if i at least could start playing at NHL' s season start for instance, but hey, i'm just a spoiled child !!
+1

I found it disturbing in the months leading up to the full release (and I was right!) and I still find it strange that there can be weeks where no dev posts anything here. I get that they read the boards and try to incorporate the feedback in the game, but how time-consuming can it be to leave a message in a thread which discusses a certain bug or a glitch or an annoying feature and say "We fixed that for the next update" or "It's still causing us problems, but we're working on it" ??
They don't have to be the most active guys on the boards, but leaving your traces here and there just looks so much better. And I don't think it would take away too much time every day, especially since they already read every thread here anyway. Every internet veteran can make a short forum post in 15 seconds. You do that 5 times a day and everybody will be happy...
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #124
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Please give me an example? People are just spoiled period with 24/7 information feeds via twitter, forums, news sites etc etc. Why don't you head on over to EA and see how fast you get an official response from them for any one of their games. OOTP's team is one of the best in keeping people up to date and giving support. They will post when they actually know more...at this point there is no update and that's okay. They already give us an update on an update...what do you want? Now you want another update for an update? The status is the same as it was. Just go re-read that one. Get real, buddy.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-2-update.html

Enough with requests for updates on an update for another update. They will give that update when it has changed from the forum provided above, it was only a week ago. It's quite sad that people feel entitled for one. It's one thing to want the actual patch, it's another to want constant updates on the status of the incoming patch

Actually, I do believe as a paying customer it is not unreasonable to expect more communication than we are receiving. Prior to launch, we had a lot of communication compared to what we are getting now.

Blizzard, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Rockstar all tend to have community reps who keep engaged with the paying customers. Whether you like those companies or not is another matter.

Bottom line, it's been 18 days since the last patch. It would seeem they are going to try one big patch to fix many many issues, rather than small incremental patches to fix them one at a time. And the excuse that JeffR is sick ... even if he has been sick for 2 weeks, there's nobody else that can keep the PAYING CUSTOMERS informed?
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #125
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

FHM Update Version 1.0.3 Now Available

Quote:
Actually, I do believe as a paying customer it is not unreasonable to expect more communication than we are receiving. Prior to launch, we had a lot of communication compared to what we are getting now.

Blizzard, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Rockstar all tend to have community reps who keep engaged with the paying customers. Whether you like those companies or not is another matter.

Bottom line, it's been 18 days since the last patch. It would seeem they are going to try one big patch to fix many many issues, rather than small incremental patches to fix them one at a time. And the excuse that JeffR is sick ... even if he has been sick for 2 weeks, there's nobody else that can keep the PAYING CUSTOMERS informed?
Lets try not to get too unhinged here ok? Jeff gave a pretty specific update last week and I expect that there will be a new update soon.

Putting EA sports and activision in a more favorable light when it comes to customer relations is the pinnacle of foolishness.

Yeah, it's frustrating, but lets not call Jeff being sick an "excuse".

For me, I've recalibrated my thinking. Right now, the game is in training camp just like the NHL. I'm hoping by the time the real season begins, this game will be ready too.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #126
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
For me, I've recalibrated my thinking. Right now, the game is in training camp just like the NHL. I'm hoping by the time the real season begins, this game will be ready too.
Fair approach, but next week? I just hope I get a nice extra christmas present.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #127
herzkine
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Lets try not to get too unhinged here ok? Jeff gave a pretty specific update last week and I expect that there will be a new update soon.

Putting EA sports and activision in a more favorable light when it comes to customer relations is the pinnacle of foolishness.

Yeah, it's frustrating, but lets not call Jeff being sick an "excuse".

If i join you seeing it this way, i see this game as the Edmonton Oilers, still in camp , lots of talent, but in its current state still very ugly to watch :-D I think both still need soem time, but i truste in the game more to fulfill it . ;-)
herzkine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #128
TopJosh
Bat Boy

I am thinking we will have a patch out for opening night, or a few days after. That way they can keep fixing bugs, update the database and hopefully give us a stable game to play.
TopJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #129
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:

Those people are just middle men, not even. They don't know a thing about the actual development. We had that here at one point but it's completely useless...no offense brad I prefer to wait for someone who is informed and by the time a PR guy hears the dev might as well