Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #81
Defgraby
Bat Boy

thanks, that is what I figured I should do Jeff, but when I pre0purchased game, I got no license # with it????? Have any suggestions?? I emailed the OOTP development help.Ed
Defgraby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #82
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgraby View Post
thanks, that is what I figured I should do Jeff, but when I pre0purchased game, I got no license # with it????? Have any suggestions?? I emailed the OOTP development help.Ed
You've probably been issued an order ID# when you purchased.

Go to E-sellerate's support site and use your ID# and e-mail to get your purchase history, and there you should have your license key. If you don't remember your order ID#, you can get it back by requesting an order history.

Last edited by Mafarfloune; 09-13-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Mafarfloune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #83
Merguson
Bat Boy

I'm curious about one thing: the LTIR structure.

Are the developers aware how the NHL LTIR works? The injured player's salary doesn't actually come off the books. It always stays on.

I only ask because when I sim (and let the A.I. handle everything), I'm only unable to progress because of a crash or more commonly, my team salary is too low. Primarily because too many players are hurt and therefore the team is below the salary floor. It becomes difficult to fix this.

NHL Salary Cap FAQ

This is a pretty good explanation of how the LTIR works. Pardon me if the developers are already aware of it. I find most people aren't aware of this.
Merguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #84
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Home and Away performances for both team and player definitely need to be addressed. At the half way point of the NHL, my Rangers have the best road record in the league at 12-11-4 which is a bad road record. Every team and most players, also perform way better or at least better at home then the road.

In real NHL it is a lot more varied, as some teams and players play better on the road.

Also, most players have not had their hidden attributes adjusted, as almost all of them are on 10.

Last edited by yzerwing; 09-13-2013 at 11:32 PM.
yzerwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #85
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
Home and Away performances for both team and player definitely need to be addressed. At the half way point of the NHL, my Rangers have the best road record in the league at 12-11-4 which is a bad road record. Every team and most players, also perform way better or at least better at home then the road.

In real NHL it is a lot more varied, as some teams and players play better on the road.

Also, most players have not had their hidden attributes adjusted, as almost all of them are on 10.
This times 100 I made a separate thread about the discrepancy between road and home performances it is serious making the game unplayable for me at this point as I am 23-7-1 at home and 10-25 on the road. Going on the road is basically an automatic loss for me and this has lead me to just stop playing the game as of now in hopes that someone from the dev team acknowledges this problem and says it will be fixed.
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #86
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Any news for oncoming patch?
1.03 appears to be a big progress, maybe the biggest leap forward at that point.
It's just that if a patch is released, then I'll wait to start a dynasty, because obviously some things could be improved (moar fights!)

And as the guy before me said -- the home/away split is just too big at the moment.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #87
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger View Post
This times 100 I made a separate thread about the discrepancy between road and home performances it is serious making the game unplayable for me at this point as I am 23-7-1 at home and 10-25 on the road. Going on the road is basically an automatic loss for me and this has lead me to just stop playing the game as of now in hopes that someone from the dev team acknowledges this problem and says it will be fixed.
I like the home field advantage. It is the only thing that makes the reg season count at all. The seeding. You need to try and get the highter seeding through out the season so you can get the home field advantage in the playoffs.
With out it the reg season would mean nothing?...................................Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #88
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I like the home field advantage. It is the only thing that makes the reg season count at all. The seeding. You need to try and get the highter seeding through out the season so you can get the home field advantage in the playoffs.
With out it the reg season would mean nothing?...................................Z
No team is over .500 on the road. The regular season is a joke.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #89
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No team is over .500 on the road. The regular season is a joke.
If it is changed the Reg season would mean nothing because in the playoffs being the Home team would mean nothing? I think half the fun is trying to pull out a upset on the road and getting upset when losing at home to a bad team. Just my opinion on how I enjoy playing the game.............................................. ....Z
Old 09-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #90
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

How bout a option? I love options in my computer games. That way we could turn on Home field advantage for people like me and off for people like you?.............................................. .....Z
Old 09-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #91
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
If it is changed the Reg season would mean nothing because in the playoffs being the Home team would mean nothing? I think half the fun is trying to pull out a upset on the road and getting upset when losing at home to a bad team. Just my opinion on how I enjoy playing the game.............................................. ....Z
If you enjoy playing a broken game where no team wins on the road that's fine, but it doesn't really interest me sorry.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #92
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you enjoy playing a broken game where no team wins on the road that's fine, but it doesn't really interest me sorry.
Don't be sorry, That is what options are for. People play and enjoy all games differently. Nothing to be sorry about. ..................................Z
Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #93
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

im with you zorro on that one... its not impossible for a road team to win, they are getting wins, just not many, so like you said it adds a challenge to the regular season for playoff seeding. So im with you.. also like you said, options wouldn't be a bad thing either.
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #94
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Sounds to me like Zorro and truebatman don't understand the complaint about home and road records. Home advantage has nothing to do with being the best home team, it is being the better team overall, both home and road.

In real life a good team, doesn't go 30-6-5 at home and 7-29-5 on the road, as an example. It is more even, and nowadays with the parity in the league it is even closer then it it used to be.

Look at the stats of real life NHL, the top teams don't win less then half their games on the road. Check out this past seasons home and road records, most teams have close amounts of wins at home and road, with only a few exceptions.

NHL

Last edited by yzerwing; 09-16-2013 at 05:32 AM.
yzerwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #95
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Sounds to me like Zorro and truebatman don't understand the complaint about home and road records. Home advantage has nothing to do with being the best home team, it is being the better team overall, both home and road.

In real life a good team, doesn't go 30-6-5 at home and 7-29-5 on the road, as an example. It is more even, and nowadays with the parity in the league it is even closer then it it used to be.

Look at the stats of real life NHL, the top teams don't win less then half their games on the road. Check out this past seasons home and road records, most teams have close amounts of wins at home and road, with only a few exceptions.

NHL
Yeah this is what I was trying to get across but it seems like they didn't quite understand and I didn't feel like trying to explain it again the way you did.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #96
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

NHL
Oh I understand the complaint alright. I just made the mistake "on this forum" of stating my opinion on how I like the home ice advantage as it is. I play out every game and love the fact that each game counts towards trying to get home ice in the playoffs. I understand it will be changed {Jeff had said so if you read the patch info] I was just stating my opinion on the current game and the excitement each reg season game now brings me. Again like I said before. Just my opinion........................................... ......Z

Last edited by Zorro; 09-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #97
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah this is what I was trying to get across but it seems like they didn't quite understand and I didn't feel like trying to explain it again the way you did.
Oh how I wish you would have enlightened me
dear one. lol............................................... .Z
Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #98
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Oh how I wish you would have enlightened me
dear one. lol............................................... .Z
It's not a home ice advantage...anyone who understands hockey understands that no team should be 20 games over .500 at home and have only 10 wins on the road.

It is not realistic to have the entire league lose on the road every time. If that is how you like to play your game that's fine but it's not realistic at all and should not be the default.

If you look at the stats page linked above it is pretty clear. Frankly you don't really seem stable to me so that is why I didn't explain it to you.

There is a difference between home ice advantage and every time being 6-28 on the road.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #99
Smetana
All Star Starter

Gmerger, your point about home-ice advantage is completely correct, and is something that needs to be fixed in this next patch.

Your personal attack, however, was completely uncalled for. Take it elsewhere. Cripes.

Last edited by Smetana; 09-16-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #100
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
Gmerger, your point about home-ice advantage is completely correct, and is something that needs to be fixed in this next patch.

Your personal attack, however, was completely uncalled for. Take it elsewhere. Cripes.
Thanks Smetana, I guess I did not explain my self better. As far as addressing the Home Ice advantage this is what Jeff said "
Home advantage has swung too far in the direction of the home team after being too little earlier, we'll adjust that." So that will be taken care of. I wish there was a option to adjust it to the players liking but I guess there are to few of us {People who like a Big Home Ice advantage in the game}around to make this option. But Jeff did say this was on the fix list...................................Z