Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Oi. I recently reformatted my HDD, and after installing 1.03, I keep getting an error message that reads "Activation Error. This game could not be activated. Please try again in a few minutes."
Konstantinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

great work guys, thanks for all your dedicated work to this game!

dcc
Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #23
Gordy.Gongs
Bat Boy

Just downloaded the patch, I started a new game (not custom) as an unemployed greenhorn took a job in the EPIHL. Went to sign some back up free agents and only have the 1-0 tab as an option which cuts off the alphabetical goalie list at the letter "h" so I can only see/sign goalies with the last names from the letter "a" to "h". When I go to look at centers, same thing only one tab labeled "1-0" and if sorted alphabetically will only display the free agent centers with the last names starting with "a" to "e"

Please fix!!! I can't really utilize the other features as all I truly want to do in this game is start at the bottom and work my way to the NHL (if you can even do that as I haven't made it past a season on previous builds!)

I truly want to see this game succeed! I've been playing since the first beta and this is the only thing I've had to post that could be considered a "complaint"!

EDIT: totally just signed ilya bryzgalov to the Manchester Phoenix in the EPIHL to a one year deal worth 35,000! don't think that should be able to happen!

Last edited by Gordy.Gongs; 09-08-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Gordy.Gongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #24
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Too many starting goalies only play under 50 games. A majority of starting goalies should be at least 60. Most of them in game are around 44. It carries over to the playoffs as well where they only play half the games. Hopefully that is up on the list for the next update.
The recovery period probably needs a little adjustment, but the playoffs make me wonder if something's backwards in that section of the code - starters are supposed to have near-complete recovery between games at that time of year. And there seems to be a similar issue with games in the 40's and 50's, which use the same code to keep starting goalie playing close to 100% of the games, but are having backups play much too often.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslacy8 View Post
Couple of minor things:

Still getting frequent crash to desktop trying to delete various SINGLE messages in manager email
We've been trying to repeat this one, but can't. Is there any particular type of message it's doing it with? Do you have to have a certain number of messages, or have opened the mail already, or any other common factor you've noticed?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinov View Post
Oi. I recently reformatted my HDD, and after installing 1.03, I keep getting an error message that reads "Activation Error. This game could not be activated. Please try again in a few minutes."
My first guess would be your activations being used up already. We can reset that for you, but just to make sure that's the actual problem, can you PM me the contents of the crash_report.txt file in your \Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 folder? (make sure you try to start the game in administrator mode once before doing that.) I'll be able to tell from that. Might as well include your order number as well, that way I can just send it off to Andreas to reset if I see that's what's wrong.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #27
johnhannibalsmith
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For what it's worth, I haven't had many crashes previously that weren't known problems. But, I did just try to resume a fictional and made it only a short period before it died on me trying to change ice time in lineup screen. I had a rash of injuries that knocked half of all of my available defensemen out and had called a few reservist forwards over and converted them to defense by changing position in player page to get me through a week or so (actually only a game or two). So I had already done some uncommon moves which may have been the genesis of whatever problem ultimately caused a crash when I tried to tune them down to almost no ice time.

Edited to note that the crash occurred while actually attempting change ice time, not after actually changing it and then attempting to advance a day or some other event.

Last edited by johnhannibalsmith; 09-08-2013 at 12:56 AM.
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #28
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
My first guess would be your activations being used up already. We can reset that for you, but just to make sure that's the actual problem, can you PM me the contents of the crash_report.txt file in your \Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 folder? (make sure you try to start the game in administrator mode once before doing that.) I'll be able to tell from that. Might as well include your order number as well, that way I can just send it off to Andreas to reset if I see that's what's wrong.
On it, thanks.
Konstantinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #29
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Thank you Jeff and guys, just woke up, will try the update !
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #30
M Ace
Bat Boy

Thank You!

Just wanted to thank you for your hard work on this game. I have been long waiting for a game like this. Been a hardcore fan of EHM2007, but that game has been a bit outdated due to the hardcoded data when editing it.

Just a question, will there be some kind of external editor for this, like the one in EHM or will we have to live with the IG editor and make all our adjustments before starting a new game everytime?

Thanks!
M Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #31
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

I cant get past 8th September in my first season. It crashes. I have tried many times.
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #32
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
I cant get past 8th September in my first season. It crashes. I have tried many times.
What League(s) are you playing?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #33
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

The penalty timer is still freezing. Going to suspend play in my league's till it's fixed.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #34
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

buying players is still not possible after the first season in the swedish league
Aliean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #35
jh95
All Star Starter

Historical Draft misunderstanding...

Quote:
Teams should passing on draft picks in historical mode less often than they were, but this isn't 100% fixed yet, requires some additional investigation and work.
Hi Jeff!
Congratulations on an awesome first version of the game!
As a software devloper myself I can totally relate to the problems you are currently facing...
I am sure you will develop this game into the best we have seen in a long time!

One note regarding the problem quoted above:

In the NHL the following rules regarding players and rights of players are the following:

Reserve list:
Contains all contracted and drafted players.
Cannot exceed 80 at a time.

Protected list:
List of currently contraced players.
Cannot exceed 50 at a time.

The problem with teams passing on draft picks in "Historical Mode" is that the teams are checking the "Protected List" instead of the "Reserve List".
If they see that they have 50 players on it, the teams pass the picks.
You must check the reserve list not exceeding 80 for those teams on drafts.
The problem also applies to human controlled teams.
I have 50 players on the "Protected List" and want to pick another player -> Error, too much players on the "Protected List".
This should be solved by checking the "Reserve List" instead.

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #36
jameslacy8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
We've been trying to repeat this one, but can't. Is there any particular type of message it's doing it with? Do you have to have a certain number of messages, or have opened the mail already, or any other common factor you've noticed?
Usually it is with the bottom email on the list and most of the time it is in a new game (such as the hired as new GM email). I usually keep the draft preview emails you get at the beginning and sometimes an email will show up underneath it during the season. That is one I am afraid to delete without saving first.
jameslacy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #37
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

When creating a custom game, it seems like you can't choose cities outside the US from the drop down. You could in the previous update.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #38
nichklasbäckström
Minors (Rookie Ball)

one idea i have.
wen season is over a stats where we can see the "nhl all star TEAM" First and Second.
nichklasbäckström is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #39
jh95
All Star Starter

Some observations

I tried the "Historical Mode" today in this new Version.

Following observations:

1. It is too easy to trade for a 1st round pick of another Team. I got DET 1st rounder in 88 for a Dmitri Kvartalnov (5.0 with Potential 6.5).
Also for this trade the Subject of the News was "Kvartalnov trade for Kvartalnov". This is a known bug, but I thought it was solved in this Version.

2. After finishing the 88 Entry Draft, the Players selected in the draft are still visible in the list of free agents. They should not be visible, they can only be free agents after signing and fulfilling the first pro contract.

3. Also, as noted in a previous post, Teams are still skipping draft picks without selecting a Player. The cause in my oppinion is the same as noted in the previous post.

4. Curtis Joseph with age 21 was not selectable in the draft. Which might be correct. But after the draft he cannot be signed as a free agent. That is a bug. If north american players have not been selected in two drafts they should become free agents.

5. Niklas Lidstrom was taken 1st overall in 88. This should not be possible. He was a hidden talent and taken in later rounds by Detroit. True Talent should be hidden somehow to get it more realistic (in a historical perspective).

6. Rob Blake, Tony Amonte and John LeClair were taken in the 1st round of 88. Their rights were released by their draft teams in the following months (July/August). This should not happen in the first place. And to Amonte and LeClair the same Problems applies as described in 5..

7. The trade Deadline date will not be updated after the 1st season 1987-88. In the 1988-89 season it still stands at February 27th, 1988. So in 1988-89 season trades can be done without a limitation-date. e.g. in March 1989.

Thanks so far for the new Version, looks way better than 1.0.0.

Last edited by jh95; 09-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #40
cdidman
Minors (Single A)

Just a small one here, maybe it's being worked on. Put I noticed in the e-mail messages it's telling me about injuries. What I read is "Player X injured himself in practice today and he will miss 4-6 weeks."

That's all it says, no team he's from or nothing. Is this how it will normally be or can we get the team and league he's from added?

Thanks.
cdidman is offline   Reply With Quote