Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 09-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Patch Progress Update

We'll be putting out the first patch on Friday/Saturday (probably the former, but it could go the extra day if anything serious is discovered late.)

The crashes when viewing players from the draft preview, during the draft, when signing players after the draft, etc., are fixed. The problem happened when we enabled the home-away splits in the player profiles during some late fixes/upgrades to the stats before release. The code conflicted with the system that generates stats in non-playable leagues, i.e. where most draftable players come from.

The trade screen crashes (mainly issues with adding/removing players from trades and scrolling through offers) are also fixed.

The issues with being unable to re-sign your own players have been dealt with; that was a problem was a conflict with the way player rights are handled.

Sebastian and Malte have a list of priority fixes they're working through; I wrote that up last night based on yesterday's forum posts. I'll be going through today's posts for possible additions. Anything causing a crash gets priority; when posting crash reports it's very helpful if you describe very specifically what you were doing when it happened, or, if it's something that always occurs on a particular date, upload the savegame to the ftp site and post the details in the bug thread.

I'm not happy about the volume or seriousness about the bugs that managed to make it to 1.0, particularly the crashing when the late builds were extremely stable. Part of it is a product of overreaching when trying to get "just a few more" features in for release, but there are also some issues with our testing and coding procedures that need to be addressed, and will be.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for keeping us updated, I hope that this will cool down some of the users here.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

I can't wait for this patch. Glad to hear that the contracts are also fixed.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Smetana
All Star Starter

Thanks for the update, Jeff. Keep moving forward and it'll get there in due time.

Any thoughts as to when we might see some changes in statistics--which stats are displayed, and how they're displayed?

I'm talking primarily about the team stats page (removing unnecessary items like team assists/game, shots missed, etc. and adding special teams breakdowns, team GAA, shots against avg. etc.)

As a stats junkie, I find it very offputting to not have the basic, "can't live without" type of stats at my fingertips.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Excellent news, thanks for the quick update guys
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Great news. Look forward to the patch
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Hopefully, the patch will allow us to assign color logos to our teams instead of the BW png ones ?
boss1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Garethw87

Is there anyway the 'Generic Leagues' could be hidden or taken off the nation/league list.. I dunno it just looks odd and out of place!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Is there anyway the 'Generic Leagues' could be hidden or taken off the nation/league list.. I dunno it just looks odd and out of place!
Just the wording of it? Something like "Other Leagues", then? Those leagues are distinct from the other ones, since individual teams in them represent leagues or groups of leagues, so I want to have them displayed separately from the rest (and it wouldn't work to reassign them to individual countries, since the 'leagues' themselves cover multiple countries. Although I'll see if it's possible to add a link in the menu to the generic team for levels that aren't covered by detailed leagues, e.g. seeing UK Under-19 generic teams under the regular leagues in the UK list. Not sure if that's technically doable, though.)
Old 09-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
Thanks for the update, Jeff. Keep moving forward and it'll get there in due time.

Any thoughts as to when we might see some changes in statistics--which stats are displayed, and how they're displayed?

I'm talking primarily about the team stats page (removing unnecessary items like team assists/game, shots missed, etc. and adding special teams breakdowns, team GAA, shots against avg. etc.)

As a stats junkie, I find it very offputting to not have the basic, "can't live without" type of stats at my fingertips.
Shots missed unnecessary? Don't let Jim Corsi and Matt Fenwick hear you say that.

I think we're going to have to add another view to the team stats page, there's plenty of other stuff we could put in there but we're running out of room.

I know we're tracking/can track a lot of stuff that doesn't show up in the leaders right now (the only place advanced stats are visible at the moment, for example, is the season stats tab on the player view, which is a bit of a waste of the effort it took to get them working). So there'll definitely be improvements there, although not until more critical stuff is addressed (particularly after we just introduced a big crash bug at release time by enabling home/away splits).
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

I know you guys have a lot of stuff to deal with right now, but any ideas when the protected list issues in historical mode are going to be looked into (teams skipping draft picks, players becoming UFA's at 18 due to maxed out lists)? I want to play historical, but not until that's taken care of.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I know we're tracking/can track a lot of stuff that doesn't show up in the leaders right now (the only place advanced stats are visible at the moment, for example, is the season stats tab on the player view, which is a bit of a waste of the effort it took to get them working). So there'll definitely be improvements there, although not until more critical stuff is addressed (particularly after we just introduced a big crash bug at release time by enabling home/away splits).

I like the fact you have advanced stats in the game but i have no idea what they mean. Anyone have a link explaining corsi or fenwick i have heard a lot about them but don't know what they mean
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
Garethw87

Quote:
Just the wording of it? Something like "Other Leagues", then? Those leagues are distinct from the other ones, since individual teams in them represent leagues or groups of leagues, so I want to have them displayed separately from the rest (and it wouldn't work to reassign them to individual countries, since the 'leagues' themselves cover multiple countries. Although I'll see if it's possible to add a link in the menu to the generic team for levels that aren't covered by detailed leagues, e.g. seeing UK Under-19 generic teams under the regular leagues in the UK list. Not sure if that's technically doable, though.)
I understand! Yeah even if just the wording is changed from 'Generic' just doesn't sound right - not to me anyway. Other/Development something like that would look alot better
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

top notch customer involvement, wouldn't expect anything less from ootp community of workers!
Old 09-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Is the ECHL a sub-league for Custom Leagues? It showed up in my game but so far no affliations.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Is the ECHL a sub-league for Custom Leagues? It showed up in my game but so far no affliations.
No, it won't have affiliations to the custom teams, only the AHL-equivalent will have those.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins86 View Post
I like the fact you have advanced stats in the game but i have no idea what they mean. Anyone have a link explaining corsi or fenwick i have heard a lot about them but don't know what they mean
The best concise description I've seen of Corsi and Fenwick I've seen is on a Hawks' blog:

Indian Head Sweater: Advanced Hockey Stats Introduction: Corsi, Corsi Relative, Fenwick, Etc.

There's a pretty in-depth (overcomplicated, even) explanation of PDO here:

PDO explained | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com
Old 09-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The best concise description I've seen of Corsi and Fenwick I've seen is on a Hawks' blog:

Indian Head Sweater: Advanced Hockey Stats Introduction: Corsi, Corsi Relative, Fenwick, Etc.

There's a pretty in-depth (overcomplicated, even) explanation of PDO here:

PDO explained | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com
Again thanks a lot Jeff you have personally answered a bunch i questions i have had today. I can officially say OOTP has the best customer interaction i have seen from not just a game company but any company in general. Keep up the great work and i will keep opening my wallet without hesitation lol.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

It should. This Patch may turn on some Options like rest of League Structure,Expansion Draft and so on. Also Affilnate other Leagues with NHL because I would like to add Orlando Solar Bears to a Teams Farm Team.
Another thing about Historical Leagues is Players Protected needs to be at like 999 and contracted at 99 and missing Unsigned Prospects when you start a Game.

Last edited by mgom27; 09-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #20
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
It should. This Patch may turn on some Options like rest of League Structure,Expansion Draft and so on. Also Affilnate other Leagues with NHL because I would like to add Orlando Solar Bears to a Teams Farm Team.
Are you stating a fact or option?

If you want-say the Boston Bruins farm team too be the Orlando Solar Bears,move most of the players from the Providence Bruins over to Orlando or send about half the team and then Boston could have 2 AHL teams. Don't forget to change a team over to the Solar Bears,

I was thinking of making the Boston Braves as a second AHL team for the Bruins.

You could also go to the league structure page and switch Providence Bruins with Orlando Solar Bears.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 09-04-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote