Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

Season Score off the scale

I just received a score of 128 out of 100.
Attached Images
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I brought that up recently and was ridiculed for not knowing that it's possible (although I had never seen it before, but that was attributed to my poor management skills ). I am still suspicious of it being a bug.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Been possible to exceed 100 for quite some time, ever since the feature was introduced if I'm not mistaken.

I've seen plenty of examples for sure.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Huh, I am not sure if I have ever seen that. I often do not pay much attention to it though, I think it a pretty useless thing.....

but I have had seasons that have been just ungodly, winning stupid amounts of games and winning the World Series, and I do not recall my score being higher than 100.

Now I do recall seeing it telling me I had a perfect score quite a few times though....
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

Strange... I have played about 55 seasons now, and had seasons much better than this (more reg. season wins coupled with a world series championship), and never scored over 100. Received many 100 season scores, but never anything over 100.

No big deal. It's not an impotant feature of OOTP, but just thought I would bring it up for discussion.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

One last thing...

If it is possible to score over 100 (and this is not a bug), why would it say "out of 100"?
Old 05-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL86 View Post
One last thing...

If it is possible to score over 100 (and this is not a bug), why would it say "out of 100"?
Well, it's possible for players to have ratings higher than your max, and it will say 88 out of 80 or something along those lines. It just shows that the result was beyond......

I don't see it as a game breaker anyway. Like most, I don't pay attention to it much, at least not as something to rate my results with.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Well, it's possible for players to have ratings higher than your max, and it will say 88 out of 80 or something along those lines. It just shows that the result was beyond......
Is it possible that this is related? Considering I always set the game to cut off ratings higher than max and I have never, ever received a score higher than 100.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I still don't understand why the game gives out such low scores much of the time. I can manage a team to exceed expectations, finish first or second in a division, and get a 40 out of 100.

I think the game assumes that, since I rarely make trades and mostly focus on drafting and free agency, that I'm not a good GM. My lack of transaction activity is the only thing I can imagine is causing this.

Otherwise, why would the game give me low scores most of the time? It seems like it only gives high scores if my team has a dominant season, wins the division, and has one of the best records in baseball.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Is it possible that this is related? Considering I always set the game to cut off ratings higher than max and I have never, ever received a score higher than 100.
I doubt it, because I always cut off ratings above max, and still see scores over 100.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I think this fellow may have the answer. I never saw it either and I only recently started experimenting with ratings higher than max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I doubt it, because I always cut off ratings above max, and still see scores over 100.
But I respect this opinion, too.

- Bru

Old 05-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

That is one of the things I really care less about in the game, winning seasons and championships are what count. I have had WS winning seasons get me in the mid 70 range and had seasons I just missed expectations do the same. I think it is too irrelevant of what you really do that it is a useless piece of info that makes no difference in the game anyway.
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfsutton View Post
That is one of the things I really care less about in the game, winning seasons and championships are what count. I have had WS winning seasons get me in the mid 70 range and had seasons I just missed expectations do the same. I think it is too irrelevant of what you really do that it is a useless piece of info that makes no difference in the game anyway.
Good point. Basically, I can tell whether I did a good job or not and it's not just by W/L.

There have been times when I busted my butt with a crappy team that I just took over, getting them to play .500 ball, and my performance was rated terrible because I had a couple of (under-performing) superstars inflating my payroll, and/or the owner thought I should have made the playoffs.

Other times, when I've just been swept out of the first round of the playoffs with a great team, perhaps because of some dumbness on my part (bad SP selection, for example), the game is ecstatic about the job I did.

I've come to the point where it does not matter to me (it's too subjective anyway in that I don't know precisely how the rating is calculated) and I no longer pay much attention to it.

- Bru

Old 05-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfsutton View Post
Yes, but are owners using the season scores as a basis for firing GMs? If so, then they are very relevant.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Well, go figure. I post saying I never saw this before, I had my league hanging on the last day of the season, I ran the almanac generation two days ago. I boot up the league, advance a day to kick off the off-season, and I am told I scored 118 out of 100. That is what a 117-45 season and loosing the ALCS 3-1 to Baltimore will get you.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:37 AM   #16
jasonditz
Minors (Double A)

I'm another one who had no clue this was possible. I've hit exactly 100 several times, but tonight I pulled a 144 score.

Crazy season too... we started 1-9, ended up 96-66, Two SP, two RP, and all three OF made the all-star team. We swept the first round, went down 2-3 in the WS and won the final two games on the road. Game 7 took 11 innings, and my #1 starter had to pitch 2.1 scoreless innings of relief.
jasonditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #17
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Yes, I brought that up recently and was ridiculed for not knowing that it's possible (although I had never seen it before, but that was attributed to my poor management skills ). I am still suspicious of it being a bug.
I had a 188 last season and also thought it was a bug til I looked at my history and saw that I had 1 or 2 other over 100 scores.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #18
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I had a 188 last season and also thought it was a bug til I looked at my history and saw that I had 1 or 2 other over 100 scores.
Wow, you had an above-.500 season in 2017 and received a score of 29? Were you chosen to run away with the division in the preseason predictions?

This type of thing, coupled with scores way above 100, is why I don't consider this feature anything more than window dressing. No offense to Markus and the dev team, but real life teams don't give their GMs a score at the end of the season, so I don't see why it's needed in OOTP. But I'm fine if it stays in the game because I basically pay no attention to it (despite the fact that I just replied in a thread about it).
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Wow, you had an above-.500 season in 2017 and received a score of 29? Were you chosen to run away with the division in the preseason predictions?
Predicted to win 92 games and finish 2nd. I traded a ton of players away in July and actually played better after that. We were at .500 when I traded 3 future HOFers away. I simmed the final 2 months.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3599474
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 01-19-2014 at 09:37 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #20
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
What the heck happened between 2008 and 2009?

119 wins to 54, 2.80 era to 6.05, 957 runs to 750. Jeeze, did your whole team leave in FA?
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote