Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

View Poll Results: Which does the better job of putting you in the manager's chair?, which has the better all around AI
OOTP 14 67 54.47%
Football Manager 2013 56 45.53%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #201
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to know what the reason is as well, I used to be really into FM until a few years back when the fictional bug with OOTP grabbed me then I also tried to do fictional with FM but to load my Skelphland world into FM would be too time consuming or impossible. I also found the OOTP boards to be more friendlier and helpful than the FM boards, not been on the FM boards for a year or two so that may have changed.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #202
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

They said the most interesting aspect of the game was the young players coming up, real and regens. Developing them into world class players and seeing which one flops or succeeds. Historical would lose this since we'd know how those young players will develop. I think it's a silly excuse, and they seem to not even consider other options like in OOTP.

I'd love to see historical only for other styles of play. Using a libero, playing Total Football, or playing as the '67 Celtics or a Derby County where Clough never left. So many other reasons why people would play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
I used to be really into FM until a few years back when the fictional bug with OOTP grabbed me then I also tried to do fictional with FM but to load my Skelphland world into FM would be too time consuming or impossible.
I added a fictional team in FM11. That felt like a part-time job at the time.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #203
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
I love OOTP, but FM is a more complete sim. Yeah it does serve a different purpose, but it does a better job.

That doesn't mean OOTP doesn't do its job, infact OOTP does it very well, FM is just even better. The players feel alive, there is press to deal with, other members of your staff, owners, directors, you get the feel for the ebb and flow of a season, you have your own career to worry about. It really is a very well made game, and it took many years for it to become what it is.
FM portrays the business side of the sporting world much better than OOTP does. It really isn't something OOTP has focused on much so hopefully they will soon.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #204
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
FM portrays the business side of the sporting world much better than OOTP does. It really isn't something OOTP has focused on much so hopefully they will soon.
I want more baseball stuff (winter leagues, improved spring training, etc.) and better AI and think we have more than enough of the business end of things.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #205
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Now that we are several versions removed from this discussion, I thought it would be fun to ressurect this old thread. I have both OOTP 16 and FM 2016, and I have to say they are simply both great sports sims. Not sure I am able to choose one or the other. OOTP's AI has grown by leaps and bounds and it's gameplay is second to none. The interface still feels a bit more clunky than Fm's, and I still think there are a lot of details OOTP can add, but it is a real great game.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #206
Basebrah
Minors (Double A)

The only two sport sims I play these days. I love FM and would love to see team talks and media interaction in OOTP. Team morale is such a big part of managing and FM just nailed it.