Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #21
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is great! So excited.

It was just a week ago I mentioned that it might be best to ensure longterm sales to push it to August/September, but the fact that you can buy a BETA earlier is a fantastic solution to satiate us diehards that are dying for this game.

Love it. Fantastic news, thanks a lot for all your hard work to all the developers!
Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
croatian
All Star Starter

it will be long waiting till septmeber, but as I said already better to wait longer but get really good game
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
JeffR - Glad to have you on the team.

What kind of ratings scales will there be?

Such as 2-8, 1-10, 1-20, 20-80, 1-100?

Tks
1-20 for almost everything related to players and staff (although, as in OOTP, it's possible to exceed 20 for certain attributes that 'break the scale', e.g. Gretzky's playmaking skills.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
no way
Minors (Triple A)

So going to preorder... Thank you so much for info
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
I know this is too early to ask, but will there be options to turn off finances and other options if elect to do so ...
There will, although I can't be too specific about the exact extent of those right now - the financial model is something that's going to get a lot of work in the next month and during the beta, so I can't say for certain what is and isn't going to be adjustable.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18 View Post
3. Edit after reading.... I am starting to think beta comes out March 4th?
Correct, that'll be the first day you can order and be able to download and play the beta.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #27
erikthered
Minors (Single A)

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Now the hard part is going to be deciding whether I should pre-order or wait until full release. Pre-ordering let's me get a chance to play earlier and saves me money, but will lack features until full-release, at which time I'd probably have to start a new game. Waiting until full release means I'll have to wait longer and pay more, but the game should be more complete, and that ten extra dollars may help contribute to financial stability of the project and support future releases.

Hmm...
erikthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #28
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

First thanks for the update

Second, since the pre-orderers will be a large scale beta-test team can we expect a procedure to report the bug, crash, etc. to the programming team. Something like a standard form to list the how/what/when/where and a dedicated space on the server to upload the necessary files in case they are needed, that would make more sense than posting that on the forum.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #29
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

I'm Ready!
CeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

I know you already went over what to expect from the beta, but I'm gonna do it again:

"I emphasize the word Beta."

"There will be bugs."

"missing features"

"The database will not be [...] polished"

"The database will [...] be missing some playable leagues"

"Your saved games will become obsolete as newer versions of the Beta are released."

"In short, all the annoying things..."

"...a pre-release game"

I just figured I draw that out as much as possible. I've been playing the rFactor 2 beta for a while, and despite ISI's efforts to warn potential customers that they're buying a beta, there were still plenty of numb-nuts that think that because they spent money, then they must be getting a finished product.

Anyway, this is awesome news. Not only will the game get proper development time, but it'll also get six months of feedback from the fans themselves. I've got my $29.99 ready for March 4th

Last edited by Stinson; 02-01-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #31
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Great news. So looking forward to getting in trouble from the Mrs for allowing this to suck up all my time. At least all the time that I am not at a baseball field, or actual hockey rink.

I am leaning towards buying the beta, if only because I am cheap and may save $10 or so out of it. But I like trying different games within the game, so am not that concerned with having to restart new games all the time.

And finally since I know their will be bugs, I can live with the Leafs or Canucks winning the Cup or the Flyers having a decent goalie.

I may even be able to live with Ovechkin being rated as a top line guy instead of like his linemates Beagle and Crabb.

LOL Stinson. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE.

THERE WILL BE BUGS should be in all of our sig lines.

Last edited by batdad; 02-01-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: added comment to latest post
batdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #32
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
I know you already went over what to expect from the beta, but I'm gonna do it again:
"There will be bugs."
"missing features"
"Your saved games will become obsolete as newer versions of the Beta are released."
"...a pre-release game"
I second this. Yes I quoted it just so everyone understands...

I am extremely excited. I want to give my money now!
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
First thanks for the update

Second, since the pre-orderers will be a large scale beta-test team can we expect a procedure to report the bug, crash, etc. to the programming team. Something like a standard form to list the how/what/when/where and a dedicated space on the server to upload the necessary files in case they are needed, that would make more sense than posting that on the forum.
We'll be adding a beta testing forum for that sort of thing, broken down into several different subforums for different aspects of the game. We do have a project management system for tracking bugs, but I don't think large-scale access to it would work that well, so I'll probably wind up moving documented bug reports from the beta forum over to it.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #34
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Well I'll be honest I'm disappointed, was really excited about playing this soon, however, I totally understand your decision and support it. I'm sure it's for the best.

My expectations for the early 2013 version were pretty modest, I'll be expecting a little more with the new release date, but it sounds like you guys already got that under control.

Definitely will be pre-ordering! Can't wait it's going to be great!

Welcome to the team JeffR! And thanks for all the info and screen shots!
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
Well I'll be honest I'm disappointed, was really excited about playing this soon, however, I totally understand your decision and support it. I'm sure it's for the best.

My expectations for the early 2013 version were pretty modest, I'll be expecting a little more with the new release date, but it sounds like you guys already got that under control.

Definitely will be pre-ordering! Can't wait it's going to be great!

Welcome to the team JeffR! And thanks for all the info and screen shots!
Think of it as March 4 as version 1 for $30 and you get a free version 2 in September...This is win win for consumer. We get to play a smaller version while we wait for the version with International and League Wizard.

Last edited by drewst18; 02-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #36
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Thanks a lot for this announcement. I'm very happy to hear new information.
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #37
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post

"There will be bugs."

"missing features"

"...a pre-release game"

I just figured I draw that out as much as possible. I've been playing the rFactor 2 beta for a while, and despite ISI's efforts to warn potential customers that they're buying a beta, there were still plenty of numb-nuts that think that because they spent money, then they must be getting a finished product.

Anyway, this is awesome news. Not only will the game get proper development time, but it'll also get six months of feedback from the fans themselves. I've got my $29.99 ready for March 4th
Yes and with the game 7 months away from the release i'd expect lots of bugs. But let's face it, that will still be the case here. People will be disappointed in major bugs, that's just the nature of open beta testing. The reviewers better wait.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #38
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Just pre-ordered OOTP 14, and looking forward to playing FHM March 4th, and then of course September 3rd.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
catcherjul
Major Leagues

No problem with the game releasing september 3rd!! I like the fact that we can have beta acess if we pre-order so it will make waiting time easier

Great job guys and I'm sure we'll have a wonderfull game to play next september!
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #40
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
1-20 for almost everything related to players and staff (although, as in OOTP, it's possible to exceed 20 for certain attributes that 'break the scale', e.g. Gretzky's playmaking skills.)
So just the one option then?

If so, any chance we may see more further down the road? Sort of like OOTP, giving the user a choice.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote