Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #61
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Ok, we added a new option to the league rules: "foreigner limit for teams outside league nation".
I love to hear that, thank you! It's a lot better and it makes LEV playable (Thanks to Slovaks that they have their own KHL team :-) ). It's not so good for Donbass, Barys and Minsk though since they will still have more then 5 (usually about 8 I think) foreigners. But it's a lot better for them too.

Is there any chance it will be modelled more precisely in future versions?
Anyway thank you a lot again!
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #62
Strelka
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
I love to hear that, thank you! It's a lot better and it makes LEV playable (Thanks to Slovaks that they have their own KHL team :-) ). It's not so good for Donbass, Barys and Minsk though since they will still have more then 5 (usually about 8 I think) foreigners. But it's a lot better for them too.
Talgat Zhailauov is the only actual Kazakh on Barys anyways
Strelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #63
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Do they play pre-season games against other leagues in the KHL and do they have an All-Star game?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #64
Strelka
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Do they play pre-season games against other leagues in the KHL and do they have an All-Star game?
Yes and Yes
Strelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #65
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

It's great to see the developers listening to the future players, buyers and users. Should make for an even greater game than I could have imagined
CeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #66
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

After the NHL and KHL,what's the next strongest league?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #67
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
After the NHL and KHL,what's the next strongest league?
Arguably the AHL and Swedish Eliteserien. Probably the SM-Liiga just behind those two.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #68
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Arguably the AHL and Swedish Eliteserien. Probably the SM-Liiga just behind those two.
I wouldn't consider the KHL to be a superior league than the AHL. There are no facts that prove the KHL being higher quality then the AHL. It is arguable, but i'd say that they are both around the same level. But that does seem to be changing slowly as more north american players who play great in the AHL are playing in Russia. Wouldn't that be fun seeing the top 3 teams and the worst 3 teams play each other in a tournament. Would be cool to do that in this game eventually.

I would agree too that the SEL would definately be after those three with SM-Liiga following them. Then i'd say Czech league.

Last edited by dave1927p; 12-28-2012 at 06:58 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #69
Garethw87

You are all forgetting the Swiss league! That's more likely after the SEL or even on par with it! Remember the Swiss beat the NHL for the Victoria cup!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #70
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
You are all forgetting the Swiss league! That's more likely after the SEL or even on par with it! Remember the Swiss beat the NHL for the Victoria cup!
I didn't forget the swiss league. It's certainly a growing league and getting better and attracting more players, especially with this lockout. But I wouldn't rank it as a top 6 league in the world. I'd say it's better quality then the DEL as well as the EIHL.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #71
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

More franchises just announced:
Anaheim Amigos
Los Angles Aztecs
San Diego Toros
Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #72
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Just wondering if the NHL will be classified as Major League while the others will be graded accordingly. I would imagine AHL would be Triple A and ECHL would be Double A.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #73
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Just wondering if the NHL will be classified as Major League while the others will be graded accordingly. I would imagine AHL would be Triple A and ECHL would be Double A.
Is there really something like AAA and AA in hockey?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #74
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
While most leagues do not always put it into their name, it has always been used to explain different levels to new hockey fans or people that are interested.

With that said, the ECHL was actually branding itself as the "Premier AA Hockey League" in an attempt to take on the Central Hockey League and validate itself as being the only "true" AA league.

Last edited by jayze302; 12-29-2012 at 10:38 AM.
jayze302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #75
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nope - you have your farm teams such as AHL or ECHL affiliates, or you may have players on loan to other leagues. AAA, AA, etc are unique to baseball but it is an easy term to reference when talking about minors. However I would not ever class them as AAA, AA, etc. It just doesn't make sense in hockey because their development system is different than baseball.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #76
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Will there be farms for KHL teams in the first version? They have them in VHL or junior teams in MHL but that isn't all. LEV Praha has something like farm team in the first Czech minor league team called HC Stadion Litoměřice. For example LEV's Martin Škoula now plays there. Will there be such teams even if their leagues are not playable?

Does it make a difference whether a player doesn't play matches or is sent to farm for the player's development and condition?
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #77
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

10 years ago we had the International Hockey League which was as close as it got to the NHL. Some teams(Chicago Wolves,Detroit Vipers) probably could have competed in the NHL. The IHL got too big and because of small attendance in some cities,it couldn't survive. It was a step above the AHL at the time.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #78
Garethw87

1. Kontinental Hockey League - Russia
2. SM-liiga - Finland
3. Extraliga - Czech Republic
4. Elitserien - Sweden
5. Extraliga - Slovakia
6. Nationalliga A - Switzerland
7. Deutsche Eishockey-Liga - Germany
8. Belarusian Vysshaya Liga - Belarus
9. Latvijas hokeja liga - Lativa
10. AL-Bank Ligaen - Denmark
11. Erste Bank Eishockey Liga - Austria
12. Kazakhstani Championship - Kazkhstan
13. GET-ligaen - Norway
14. Ligue Magnus - France
15. Slohokej Liga - Slovenia
16. Serie A - Italy
17. OB I. Bajnokság - Hungary
18. Polska Liga Hokejowa - Poland
19. Eredivisie - Netherlands
20. Vyscha Liha - Ukraine
21. Elite Ice Hockey League - Great Britain
22. Liga Nationala de hochei - Romania

Was the IIHF League Rankings in 09-10
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #79
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I wouldn't consider the KHL to be a superior league than the AHL. There are no facts that prove the KHL being higher quality then the AHL. It is arguable, but i'd say that they are both around the same level. But that does seem to be changing slowly as more north american players who play great in the AHL are playing in Russia. Wouldn't that be fun seeing the top 3 teams and the worst 3 teams play each other in a tournament. Would be cool to do that in this game eventually.

I would agree too that the SEL would definately be after those three with SM-Liiga following them. Then i'd say Czech league.
I agree - the AHL is around the same quality as the KHL. That's what I meant.

The NLA, DEL and Czech Extraliga probably fall just under the SM-Liiga in my view (but judging the differences is so subjective and arguably fluctuates every year or so).

The UK EIHL is well below those leagues. I'd place it with Norway, Denmark, Italy and France. The British players aren't as strong as Norwegians, Danes, etc, but when you factor in the imports each team has (ignoring the NHL lock-out players), the EIHL is more-or-less the same level IMO. That's not to say the top British players are that bad - Team GB has been doing very well over the past couple of years - but we really lack any real depth (a lot British players in the EIHL simply fill out team rosters due to the import/foreigner limits).

Regarding the A/AA/AAA thing, I think the Canadian juniors uses some form of system like this. I think the US equivalent is Tier 1 (USHL), Tier 2 (NAHL) and Tier 3 (NA3HL, etc).
Old 12-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #80
batdad
Minors (Single A)

FOR CANADA HOCKEY: Triple A, Double A and Single A are really only used in Canadian Minor Hockey....Midget AAA, AA and A teams and the divisions below that. Although there is Junior B and in Ontario Junior C.

Really...the AAA, AA and A are not used at the Junior level at all, and to my knowledge never have been. The tier 1 and tier 2 designations have also basically disappeared. The CHL teams USED to be referred to as Tier 1 Junior, and the BCHL, AJHL, SJHL etc were Tier 2.

These Tier 1 and Tier 2 terms are only really used verbally now by the older generations which includes me.

USA uses AAA AA A for minor hockey as well. They have U18AAA, U18AA and for each level below that. Their junior programs have basically dropped the Tier 1 and Tier 2 as well. Now they are just known as their league names. The national development program runs with U18 and U16 teams etc.
batdad is offline   Reply With Quote