Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #61
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Will the game have the world juniors tourney??

Totally forgot if it does or not
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #62
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Will it be possible for user to make any league playable (even with fictional players there where is lack of research)?

And will it be possible to easily (for user) edit let's say one team's roster? Which means creating new players, signing them by the team and ending original players' contracts? The same applies to editing the team's other data such as stadium's name, capacity, coaches, etc.

The use case should be obvious... I'd like to start a game managing one of the Czech clubs (if possible then it will be one of the teams playing the 2nd minor league) and try to get it to the top league. And I would love to use real players playing for that team (after creating such players).

Also, is there a list of unplayable (by default) leagues included? (see my previous post on that matter)

Thanks for the answers and (more importantly) for your work.
Could anyone please provide the answers? With possible danger of KHL being less attractive to me (read the relevant discussion) I am interested in this case even more :-)
Thank you!
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #63
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Could anyone please provide the answers? With possible danger of KHL being less attractive to me (read the relevant discussion) I am interested in this case even more :-)

Thank you!
there is an ingame editor so editing teams, leagues (rules) and players are all possible.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #64
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you!
Geckon, would you be interested in creating/having the possibility to create an artificial champions' league and/or victoria cup? Not that I am intending it can be done, but I want to submit some ideas to the developers.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #65
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
there is an ingame editor so editing teams, leagues (rules) and players are all possible.
It is also possible to make an unplayable league playable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Geckon, would you be interested in creating/having the possibility to create an artificial champions' league and/or victoria cup? Not that I am intending it can be done, but I want to submit some ideas to the developers.
Yes, probably. But more important for me is to have KHL realistic and to be able to play the 2nd minor Czech league and get the team from there to the top league. If the second won't be possible by default but the game will allow me to create the first and second minor Czech leagues and set the rules, relegation etc. myself I am probably able to do that.

If I didn't make myself clear I can add more information.

Thanks for caring
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #66
Garethw87

Quote:
Yes, probably. But more important for me is to have KHL realistic and to be able to play the 2nd minor Czech league and get the team from there to the top league. If the second won't be possible by default but the game will allow me to create the first and second minor Czech leagues and set the rules, relegation etc. myself I am probably able to do that.

If I didn't make myself clear I can add more information.

Thanks for caring
Geckon I need to ask, as you keep mentioning this, Which Czech minor league team is it you support/want to take to the top?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #67
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Geckon I need to ask, as you keep mentioning this, Which Czech minor league team is it you support/want to take to the top?
It will be HC Vsetín most probably. Few years ago the team played the top league but has been "fired" (not only in my opinion not fairly). I mean fired, not relegated due to the results. And after that it ended in 2nd minor.

The team still holds the record in winning the Extraliga even it doesn't play extraliga from the beginning and doesn't play it last few years. I've been fan of the team since few years ago and would love to see it in Extraliga again

But getting low team to the top is my goal anyway. It's one of the best satisfactions for GM I'd say.

Last edited by geckon; 12-28-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #68
Garethw87

Quote:
It will be HC Vsetín most probably. Few years ago the team played the top league but has been "fired" (not only in my opinion not fairly). I mean fired, not relegated due to the results. And after that it ended in 2nd minor.

The team still holds the record in winning the Extraliga even it doesn't play extraliga from the beginning and doesn't play it last few years. I've been fan of the team since few years ago and would love to see it in Extraliga again

But getting low team to the top is my goal anyway. It's one of the best satisfactions for GM I'd say.
HC Vsetin is familiar to me for some reason.. I'm one of them types who will sit all day reading everything I can about hockey in every country but the name stands out. Maybe some players came to play in Manchester from your team? I'll have to look!

As for starting at the bottom - It's the only way I can really play. I feel like i'm cheating I guess if I start with a team full of stars! Although once it's released I think my plan is 2 saves. 1 as Dinamo Riga and the other to start at the lowest league so the UK Elite and see if I can GM my way to the NHL
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #69
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
HC Vsetin is familiar to me for some reason.. I'm one of them types who will sit all day reading everything I can about hockey in every country but the name stands out. Maybe some players came to play in Manchester from your team? I'll have to look!
Vsetín is kind of phenomenon in our country. It was promoted to the top level league in 1994 and won it right away. And it won the league in the 4 following seasons as well (so 5 times in a row). The following season (1999/2000) Vsetín ended on second position and in 2000/2001 it won the league again. No other team managed to win the league 6 times and no other team managed to win 5 titles in a row.
Then alas financial problems came so the team couldn't afford so good players and it played worse and worse. In 2007 the license has been taken from Vsetín due to financial reasons - that's the official reason but more teams had fin. problems so the reason is kind of weird.
Funny thing is that I became a proper fan in 2004 (quite long after all those successful years). It's probably because of my age and the fact that only international hockey interested me before.

I don't know anything about players going to Manchester but of course it's possible.

Quote:
As for starting at the bottom - It's the only way I can really play. I feel like i'm cheating I guess if I start with a team full of stars! Although once it's released I think my plan is 2 saves. 1 as Dinamo Riga and the other to start at the lowest league so the UK Elite and see if I can GM my way to the NHL
We're quite similar in the approach to the game My plans regard LEV Praha ("top" team) and Vsetín ("bottom" team) because I support them both and want to return the fame to Vsetín.

Last edited by geckon; 12-28-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #70
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Only ficitional i want to play is where i bring back old greats to play today, that is if i can delete them out of the history.
Hopping we can import them as rookies like in OOTP
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #71
Romagoth
Major Leagues

A big thing for me would be a save-as feature. One of the few gripes I have about the OOTP games are that there is no way to save at different stages of a game/career. If I want to come back and play my Wings team from...say...December of any given year, I want a save for that particular spot. As it stands (at least with OOTP), the game continually saves over itself as you go forward, thus once you exit the game or save at any point you have no option to return to that date/time in the game.

I wonder if this post makes any sense.....
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #72
Vikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPayne View Post
A big thing for me would be a save-as feature. One of the few gripes I have about the OOTP games are that there is no way to save at different stages of a game/career. If I want to come back and play my Wings team from...say...December of any given year, I want a save for that particular spot. As it stands (at least with OOTP), the game continually saves over itself as you go forward, thus once you exit the game or save at any point you have no option to return to that date/time in the game.

It does and I agree, if there's no way to save as a new file. I guess you could go the route of copying the saved game's folder and changing the name that way, but it's a feature I'd like to have for sure.
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #73
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Fictional Players show up in Drafts past 2013.
Is they easy for Contract with Minor League Team to show up.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #74
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPayne View Post

You can save your game/career in OOTP at any point in time that you like. Just save your game and rename the folder.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #75
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Not sure I've seen the mentioned but in the game summary it would be real nice if short handed and powerplay goals would be listed as such, maybe in a column in front of the goal scorer?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #76
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

In Players BIO who they were Drafted by if Drafted.
Give the Computer a Command to do like move all Players Drafted by the Kings to the Kings or all Players not drafted to Free-Agent.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #77
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Individual player scouting report: ABILITY Tab.
Example: Daniel Sedin is the best forward on the team and Kassian is a far inferior player compared with him.

Well, yeah! I'd rather my 4th line winger be compared to the 3rd line winger. At least that would tell me if maybe I should consider switching them around. Comparing all the scrubs to the best player on the team is kind of pointless IMO