Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #41
Doctor No
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Just to make a quick statement, I'm one that would LOVE an OOTP quality sim for all 4 major sports. I'd especially love to see a football one. Hockey was my #1 want and I was ecstatic to see one in the works but I'd totally buy an NFL and NBA one too.
I'd definitely buy an NFL version - the fact that nothing's topped Front Page Sports Football since the late 1990s (in my mind) is very sad indeed.

Despite my somewhat-flippant remark above, I'd likely even buy the NBA version (primarily so that I could move the Carpetbaggers back to Seattle ).
Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #42
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor No View Post
I'd definitely buy an NFL version - the fact that nothing's topped Front Page Sports Football since the late 1990s (in my mind) is very sad indeed.

Despite my somewhat-flippant remark above, I'd likely even buy the NBA version (primarily so that I could move the Carpetbaggers back to Seattle ).
...and the Rockets back to San Diego.
...and the Kings back to KC/Omaha.
...and the Clippers back to Buffalo.
...and the Hawks back to St. Louis
...and the Warriors back to Philadelphia
...and the 76ers back to Syracuse
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #43
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Just to make a quick statement, I'm one that would LOVE an OOTP quality sim for all 4 major sports. I'd especially love to see a football one. Hockey was my #1 want and I was ecstatic to see one in the works but I'd totally buy an NFL and NBA one too.
i would definately buy a football sim. I'd love to create the CFL! I create a canadian baseball league in ootp and always wish it was football. But my one true love is hockey so i'm glad they made that decision (First)
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #44
sprague
All Star Starter

I hate to say this, but it has been quite a long time since any of the developers has dropped by the forum to leave a message about the game's progress.
Which makes me wonder where exactly they are at, and if they are in fact still moving ahead with the game, or might have made a decision not to continue the creation. Hopefully things are still working through all the challenges, but it would be very nice with an update to hear just where things are at now

cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #45
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
I hate to say this, but it has been quite a long time since any of the developers has dropped by the forum to leave a message about the game's progress.
Which makes me wonder where exactly they are at, and if they are in fact still moving ahead with the game, or might have made a decision not to continue the creation. Hopefully things are still working through all the challenges, but it would be very nice with an update to hear just where things are at now

cheers
They're updating their Facebook page and Twitter feed regularly. It's crunch time right now and silence is a good thing. The game is fine and there's no reason for concern.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #46
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
They're updating their Facebook page and Twitter feed regularly. It's crunch time right now and silence is a good thing. The game is fine and there's no reason for concern.
thanks for the reply scuff
glad things are going along
guess this is the first comptuer hockey game in a decade that is giving me hope for something finally realistic out there

guess like baseball, "hope runs eternal"
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #47
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
thanks for the reply scuff
glad things are going along
guess this is the first comptuer hockey game in a decade that is giving me hope for something finally realistic out there

guess like baseball, "hope runs eternal"
Sure thing. I'm really looking forward to this game myself. I've got a little experience (not much but some) with game development and I know how things go. I know they're into some BETA testing right now, so there's a lot of reworking, recoding, and fixing going on right now. But it's a good thing they're not here posting consistently, believe me!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #48
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
i would definately buy a football sim. I'd love to create the CFL! I create a canadian baseball league in ootp and always wish it was football. But my one true love is hockey so i'm glad they made that decision (First)
Pro Football Simulator has the CFL.

I downloaded the game a few weeks ago and still can't figure out how too play it.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #49
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Pro Football Simulator has the CFL.

I downloaded the game a few weeks ago and still can't figure out how too play it.
Really?? PFS is very simple and straightforward...
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #50
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

What's the release date

Please stop asking when this game will be released because it will be released when they feel its done. It's stupid to continue to ask when it will be released because we all know that it will be released sometime between December and early January.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #51
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
Please stop asking when this game will be released because it will be released when they feel its done. It's stupid to continue to ask when it will be released because we all know that it will be released sometime between December and early January.
I think if it actually was up for release in a month or 2 we would've heard about, I have a feeling it might come out around March.
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #52
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

What's the release date?

The developers have already stated that it will be released sometime in either December or early January. If you are gonna post negative remarks about when the game will be released then shame on you because you are not a true fan of ootpdevelopments. They give us so much and yet no one respects them for that. A release date is only a tentative date but they will release it when they are ready.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #53
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
The developers have already stated that it will be released sometime in either December or early January. If you are gonna post negative remarks about when the game will be released then shame on you because you are not a true fan of ootpdevelopments. They give us so much and yet no one respects them for that. A release date is only a tentative date but they will release it when they are ready.
That's not quite fair. We are all eager to play the game and that type of speculation is a perfectly fair assumption with most companies.

They give us so much, yes, but don't forget that we do in fact pay for it and i feel that if it wasn't profitable they wouldn't be doing it because they couldn't afford it.

I like playing devils advocate sometimes
Old 11-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #54
johan25
Minors (Single A)

just wondering if this game will be coming out for the iphone/ipod aswell.

Can't wait!!!
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #55
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan25 View Post
just wondering if this game will be coming out for the iphone/ipod aswell.

Can't wait!!!
No, not the first version at least.

As for the silence - it only means that sooner or later there will be some sort of news.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #56
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If they cancel the NHL season-will this affect sales? I know these games shouldn't be rushed but getting it out before they pull the plug on the NHL regular season would be a plus,I would imagine,for sales.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #57
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Why? I don't follow the MLB since the end of the 2004 season and I buy OOTP every years, I don't follow as much I used to the NHL since the end of the 1994 season and I've purchased NHL Eastside manager 2007 and will buy this one when it will be release. People can like the history of a sport without liking it after they loose their teams, the lock out is no big deal for them.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #58
Big T
Hall Of Famer

I am willing, ready and able the moment this gets released... Like others I am excited, impatient and did I say excited for any news... but in the meantime I still have baseball...

Hopefully will hear something soon..

Go Habs Go!! Although it appears my Habs dynasty will start before the real Habs ever hit the ice again..
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #59
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Go Habs Go!! Although it appears my Habs dynasty will start before the real Habs ever hit the ice again..
The more delay you'll got in the season the more chance you'll have to see Andrei Markov playing a full season... if he don't injured himself again, what I think he did playing in the KHL already. But what else is new
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #60
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
The more delay you'll got in the season the more chance you'll have to see Andrei Markov playing a full season... if he don't injured himself again, what I think he did playing in the KHL already. But what else is new
Poor Andrei, so much talent, too many injuries.... In the past 7 years he has played in as many playoff games as the Leafs have...
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote