Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
termcl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Thanks for sharing that. I wish they would say that on here too. I'm not one to be checking out tweets. Twitter is like a bad taste in my mouth so i try to avoid it. I would think more people are following this forum too as opposed to FHM twitter account but i could be mistaken.
Agreed. I check these boards several times a day. Facebook? Hardly ever. So much useless written diarrhea on Facebook to sift through.
termcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalblue View Post
Not starting an argument here but my guess would be that basketball has a bigger international market than hockey does.

Sent from my works desk or couch.
Basically it's south America (Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominicans, Venzuela) Vs Europe (Sweden, Finland, Danemark, Germany, Russia, Slovak countries)

I'm sure Europeans generate more income via game sales. On the other hand if Brasilians were into Baseball it might've been a close call but they aren't into it.

Either way there is already a Basketball SIM and a Baseball one so going into the Hockey market makes sense.
Methodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
With such a small staff, this game is going to take away from the development of our favorite baseball simulation. Do you really want that?
Markus doesn't have ANYTHING to do with FHM at this point as far as I know. Saying that FHM and OOTP cannot be developed at the same time is 100% false.

If you're looking for something to complain about, iOOTP is your only concern. Sebastian does both of those.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #24
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

What's the release date

Gazzw87 stop your complaining along with everyone else who is waiting for the hockey sim to be released because when its released they will do it when they feel its ready to be released. They have already stated that it would be either late December or early January 2013. Please stop complaining and your just gonna have to wait like everyone else.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
With such a small staff, this game is going to take away from the development of our favorite baseball simulation. Do you really want that?
The hockey game and OOTP aren't developed by the same team... Try to do some reasearch before talking next time Mr. basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
If you're looking for something to complain about, iOOTP is your only concern. Sebastian does both of those.
Exactly... I didn't see your post before posting my reply.

Last edited by AESP_pres; 11-13-2012 at 12:43 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #26
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not starting an argument here but my guess would be that basketball has a bigger international market than hockey does.

Basketball's biggest markets outside the US are China, Japan and Brazil. Not exactly strong buyers for sports sims. Europe and North America (but mostly Europe) have proven the strongest markets for these types of games, so going for a sport like hockey that holds so much popularity in the biggest sports sim market is much, much more economically feasible.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #27
royalblue
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
Basketball's biggest markets outside the US are China, Japan and Brazil. Not exactly strong buyers for sports sims. Europe and North America (but mostly Europe) have proven the strongest markets for these types of games, so going for a sport like hockey that holds so much popularity in the biggest sports sim market is much, much more economically feasible.
I would say basketball is pretty popular in europe to. But like others have said there is already a basketball sim out there (which is great by the way) and not really any hockey games. So this game will fill that void in that market.

Last edited by royalblue; 11-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.
royalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
Doctor No
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Not to crash the party, but I really wish the they would've chosen a basketball simulation over this. Truth be told, not many people watch hockey.
Yeah, watching a carpetbagger make off with my Sonics a second time would be terrific.

In all seriousness, if you're that passionate about a basketball sim, then mobilize the effort. I won't be buying it, but someone might.

On the other hand, I'll be there for every release of FHM. You may be right that not *as* many people watch hockey as basketball (at least in the U.S.), but they've also been shown to be more affluent and more computer savvy - both things you want when selling a computer game.
Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #29
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

What's the release date

We all want the game released but we also don't want an unfinished product that is full of bugs and problems. Look at Sigames when they released football manager 2013 it has nothing but bugs and now they are trying to fix the bugs. We just need to be patient and wait for the finished product.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
Gazzw87 stop your complaining along with everyone else who is waiting for the hockey sim to be released because when its released they will do it when they feel its ready to be released. They have already stated that it would be either late December or early January 2013. Please stop complaining and your just gonna have to wait like everyone else.
OK, Dad
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #31
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
We just need to be patient and wait for the finished product.
Of course, nobody wants to revived NHL97 all over again... Not that it was fixed as EASport gave up after one loosy patch that didn't prevent the game to crash every 3 games...

I'm not in the impatient category as I can wait untill september 2013 without a problem since the game is on lockout anyway and that will give a lot of time to make the first release better... but I think I'm alone in that category
Old 11-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #32
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

What's the release date

Tward13 don't take it the wrong way but they haven't really stated when the game would be released they just said either in December or January so that means its probably a tentative date. They probably don't want to give an actual release date in case they run into problems with the game. Most companies are like that. They will say something like winter 2013 meaning it will be released sometime during the winter season.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #33
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

well it's nice to see some chatter on here
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #34
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Of course, nobody wants to revived NHL97 all over again... Not that it was fixed as EASport gave up after one loosy patch that didn't prevent the game to crash every 3 games...

I'm not in the impatient category as I can wait untill september 2013 without a problem since the game is on lockout anyway and that will give a lot of time to make the first release better... but I think I'm alone in that category
Not quite alone - I'll second that.

Been waiting a lot of years for this, 1 more isn't going to hurt. OOTP has kept me well occupied during my wait.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #35
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Not quite alone - I'll second that.

Been waiting a lot of years for this, 1 more isn't going to hurt. OOTP has kept me well occupied during my wait.
Yeah, we've waited 4 years already with uncertainty, 1 more would be nothing. With that said still hopeing they can meet their deadline.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #36
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I guess we Canadians are more patient. As you said we are waiting since NHL Eastside Manager 2007 was put to death four years ago, one more years isn't the end of the world if that means a better game and more features.

To get me more excited for the historical mode our sport network show us old game while the NHL is in lockout, tonight it was a 1979 game between Montreal and Québec... of course we have lost but it was great to see Marc Tardif, Robbie Ftorek, Real Cloutier, Pierre Lacroix, ... back in action.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #37
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Personally I'd prefer to wait until September next year. Hopefully by that time, the NHL and NHLPA will have stopped acting like babies and learnt to share...

Even if the NHL lock-out isn't incorporated in the game, there is still the displacement of players that would have to be incorporated. Teams in various leagues in North America and Europe have released or relegated players to make room to sign the locked-out NHLers. Perhaps waiting until next September would avoid this rubbish.

IIRC, national teams were intended to be incorporated into a patch rather than included in the first version (there is a thread here somewhere about it). Perhaps a delay would allow time for this to be incorporated in the first version. I know it's not everybody's priority, but it'd be nice to see the first version as complete as possible - and it would help sales.

In the mean time, there is still EHM and both the continually updated modern and 1974 retro rosters, etc. That has kept me going for the past five years...
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #38
Djungelurban
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Possibly, but I also think there's a bigger market for a hockey management game than a basketball management game... But all this is a moot point, cause you're not getting this game INSTEAD of a basketball game, cause as far as I can tell they don't wanna make a basketball game. They wanna make this. If you want a basketball management game, you make one.
Djungelurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
royalblue
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djungelurban View Post
Possibly, but I also think there's a bigger market for a hockey management game than a basketball management game... But all this is a moot point, cause you're not getting this game INSTEAD of a basketball game, cause as far as I can tell they don't wanna make a basketball game. They wanna make this. If you want a basketball management game, you make one.
Let me quote myself from another post.
Quote:
I would say basketball is pretty popular in europe to. But like others have said there is already a basketball sim out there (which is great by the way) and not really any hockey games. So this game will fill that void in that market.

Luckily I don't need to make a basketball sim.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #40
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Just to make a quick statement, I'm one that would LOVE an OOTP quality sim for all 4 major sports. I'd especially love to see a football one. Hockey was my #1 want and I was ecstatic to see one in the works but I'd totally buy an NFL and NBA one too.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote