Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #41
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

So, the 150x150 goes for player photos as well?

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #42
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
Are they face shots or action shots?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #43
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
Are they face shots or action shots?
Mostly in-game shots. The only mug shots I use are for the truly obscure cup-of-coffee guys if that's all I have.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #44
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
No they're not. I have details somewhere; I'd need to have a look. However, I don't think it's worth getting started on this yet. The GUI is still a work in progress and so there's always the chance things like face image functionality may change somewhat.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #45
Wolves
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Wow! That's brilliant!!

Kinda forgot the whole project for a while, so I'll make the missing Russian Minor league and send you the package as soon as possible. Which in my case could mean either today or next year

Edit: Let me know when to start the Facepack project (Sizes. I have the original mugshots (No action pictures, Don't like 'em) for the finnish Hockey league (90% of them) and some NHL images standing by.

Edit2:

Quote:
Thank you. That would be great!. Certainly the Allsvenskan and the J20-Superelit (but I think that some/all of the logos may be identical to the senior teams in the Elitserien/Allsvenskan - there's no need to gather those that are identical to the senior team logos).
This is one thing that we should find out, if the game uses the logos like in FM (Elite team, Reserve team and the junior team uses the same logo) or is it like in EHM, where you had to make every logo for every team.

Last edited by Wolves; 10-26-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Wolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves View Post
Kinda forgot the whole project for a while, so I'll make the missing Russian Minor league and send you the package as soon as possible. Which in my case could mean either today or next year
Heh no worries! I'm just grateful for the help. It eases the pressure on me so I can concentrate on testing and researching.

Quote:
This is one thing that we should find out, if the game uses the logos like in FM (Elite team, Reserve team and the junior team uses the same logo) or is it like in EHM, where you had to make every logo for every team.
I will test it out in game when I find a spare moment. I suspect it is EHM-style.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #47
frisland
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I updated my list of Canadian Junior A logos on page2 of thread, i'm about half way done. I'll send you the completed ones soon.
frisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 AM   #48
Strelka
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
(Done)Russian Major League (Former Vysshaya liga)
Russian Minor League (Former Molodezhnaya Khokkeinaya Liga)
VHL and MHL are their respective initials.
Strelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
archibalduk
All Star Starter

A big thank you to everybody who has helped produce logos. We now have in excess of 700 teams covered!

I now need to go through all of the new logos and check filenames, etc. Once I've been through everything, I will make a list of what leagues I/we still need to cover (it will probably take me a couple of weeks due to various commitments).
Old 11-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #50
archibalduk
All Star Starter

So here's an update on the team logos we've completed so far:

Canada
OHL
QMJHL
WHL
AJHL
BCHL
CCHL
MJHL
QAAA

USA / North America
NHL
AHL
ECHL
MJAHL
NAHL
NCAA
USHL

Europe
Austrian Erste Bank Eishockey Liga
British EIHL
British EPIHL
British NIHL 1st Div
British NIHL 2nd Div
Czech Extraliga
Danish Al-Bank Ligaen
Danish 1st Div
Finnish SM-Liiga
Finnish Mestis
Finnish Suomi Sarja
German DEL
Norwegian UPC-Ligaen
Russian KHL
Russian VHL
Russian MHL
Slovakian Elite
Swedish Elitserien
Swiss NLA
Swiss NLB
Old 11-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #51
frisland
Minors (Rookie Ball)

just sent you three more JUNIOR A leagues (Northern Ont / Saskatchewan / Superior International)

only one left from my page two list is Ontario Junior A
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #52
frisland
Minors (Rookie Ball)

finally started working on OJHL, you'll probably get it tomorrow or monday.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #53
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Hi, I am new to this forum and it was only recently that I discovered about this game to be planned and worked on. I am very excited about that information and looking forward to see it released and buy it.

I'd also like to contribute to this logo pack if possible.
Is the Czech Extraliga completely done? I mean including the Piráti Chomutov team which is Extraliga's "newbie" this season?
What about KHL? Does it include new teams such as HC LEV Praha and HC Slovan Bratislava?
If the answers are "yes" I would probably set about completing Czech First and Second hockey leagues (which are minors to the Extraliga). Or has someone made them already? I don't see them in the list so I suppose that they ar not completed. If that assumption is false please let me know.

archibalduk, is it OK to send you just the logos unscaled and with visible background? My skills for working with graphics software is not particularly strong and I'm afraid I could screw it up.
Also should I use file names with the czech special characters (like ěščřžýáíé) if they are in a team's name or should I replace them with their ASCII "equivalents"? I hope there will be special characters used in the team names in the game.

Thanks for your advices. I could find time to do the task over the weekend (I don't promise anything though).
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #54
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisland View Post
finally started working on OJHL, you'll probably get it tomorrow or monday.
Fantastic! Thanks ever so much for all of your help.

I have been working on some additional leagues too. I will post an updated list either this weekend or next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum and it was only recently that I discovered about this game to be planned and worked on. I am very excited about that information and looking forward to see it released and buy it.

I'd also like to contribute to this logo pack if possible.
Is the Czech Extraliga completely done? I mean including the Piráti Chomutov team which is Extraliga's "newbie" this season?
What about KHL? Does it include new teams such as HC LEV Praha and HC Slovan Bratislava?
If the answers are "yes" I would probably set about completing Czech First and Second hockey leagues (which are minors to the Extraliga). Or has someone made them already? I don't see them in the list so I suppose that they ar not completed. If that assumption is false please let me know.

archibalduk, is it OK to send you just the logos unscaled and with visible background? My skills for working with graphics software is not particularly strong and I'm afraid I could screw it up.
Also should I use file names with the czech special characters (like ěščřžýáíé) if they are in a team's name or should I replace them with their ASCII "equivalents"? I hope there will be special characters used in the team names in the game.

Thanks for your advices. I could find time to do the task over the weekend (I don't promise anything though).
Thank you for your offer of help! I am happy for you to send the logos to me with backgrounds for me to tidy up, etc. When collecting images, please ensure that their height and/or width is at least 150px (I don't like to enlarge images because they become poor quality). It is also helpful if the background to the image is a single colour because otherwise it can be difficult to make the background transparent.

The KHL, Czech Extraliga and 1st Division are done. We have logos for Piráti Chomutov, HC LEV Praha and HC Slovan Bratislava.

Please feel free to do the Czech Second Division/League. Please do use the special characters as appropriate (we are using the correct special characters in the game).

Let me know if you need any further explanation. Thanks again!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #55
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you for your offer of help! I am happy for you to send the logos to me with backgrounds for me to tidy up, etc. When collecting images, please ensure that their height and/or width is at least 150px (I don't like to enlarge images because they become poor quality). It is also helpful if the background to the image is a single colour because otherwise it can be difficult to make the background transparent.
OK, this is what I would want to comply with anyway so there is no problem.

Quote:
The KHL, Czech Extraliga and 1st Division are done. We have logos for Piráti Chomutov, HC LEV Praha and HC Slovan Bratislava.
Well, I have done 1st division over the night. I should have probably wait for your answer. Anyway, if you don't mind, I'll send you my version just for the case that it contains something to improve the logo pack. OK?

Quote:
Please feel free to do the Czech Second Division/League. Please do use the special characters as appropriate (we are using the correct special characters in the game).
OK, I'll do that.

Quote:
Let me know if you need any further explanation. Thanks again!
I thank you for the coordination
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #56
geckon
Hall Of Famer

As I wrote to the pm to you, archibalduk, I have completed the second czech minor league. So please noone work on it so we don't duplicate our work :-)

Maybe a little off topic but I wonder if there is similar effor to put the team rosters, player data (now I mean height, weight, position, jersey number, capitancy, club history, maybe stats from past years,... not attributes), team data (like stadium's name, capacity, year of foundation etc) together. I would like to join such effort and maybe improve the chance to be able to play <my_favourite_leagues> (whatever they are) and play them more realistically. I am not too strong in knowledge to provide player attributes (how good they are, I mean) but I could start gathering the other "dispassionate/objective" data.

I imagine that developers work on such task and if I could help them I would try.

Last edited by geckon; 12-01-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #57
archibalduk
All Star Starter

That was fast! I sent my email address to you via PM.

As for roster data, there is a small team of us carrying out research for the database. I will pass on your name to the developers, but I don't know whether or not they are recruiting at the moment.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #58
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That was fast! I sent my email address to you via PM.
I just sent the logos. I hope they will fit into your pack well.

Quote:
As for roster data, there is a small team of us carrying out research for the database. I will pass on your name to the developers, but I don't know whether or not they are recruiting at the moment.
OK, it'd be great if I could contribute with my 2 cents, thank you. If anything please let me know.
For the record, when you wrote "roster data" did you mean also team data (like info about the stadium, maybe names of the managers and coaches etc) and so on?

EDIT1: What about player's faces? Are those planned? Is there a facepack being created too? I could contribute probably.

EDIT2: Has Slovak 1st liga (minor to Slovak Extraliga) got logos? I could do them (if you like my Czech logos). If I am to collect them and you have any notes on my czech logos please let me know so I don't repeat my mistakes. Thanks.

Last edited by geckon; 12-01-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #59
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
For the record, when you wrote "roster data" did you mean also team data (like info about the stadium, maybe names of the managers and coaches etc) and so on?
Yeah we're researching everything.

Quote:
EDIT1: What about player's faces? Are those planned? Is there a facepack being created too? I could contribute probably.
No plans on facepacks at the moment. It's well worth holding fire with this at the moment.

Quote:
EDIT2: Has Slovak 1st liga (minor to Slovak Extraliga) got logos? I could do them (if you like my Czech logos). If I am to collect them and you have any notes on my czech logos please let me know so I don't repeat my mistakes. Thanks.
The Slovak 1st league hasn't been done yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #60
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Holding fire with facepack is worth because of not being sure how faces will be displayed? When face collecting begins I hope I'll be still as excited as I am now and therefore I'll help with this

I'll take the Slovak 1st then. Do you have any comments on the logos I sent to you?