Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #41
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpcarmona View Post
... but a name is just some letters on the screen, right?
It certainly is, d-c-p-c-a-r-m-o-n-a.

Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #42
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

What a nice surprise! I really missed EHM 2007.
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #43
Big T
Hall Of Famer

I am looking forward to this. I really loved EHM and am a big fan of OOTP.

Can't wait to take the Habs to a Stanley Cup.

PS: Don't let the Leaf fans suggest rating changes to Leaf players.. Reimer will become a Vezina candidate......
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #44
sprague
All Star Starter

just wanted to wish the designers well as it seems you are heading to home stretch with the first version of the game

like many of us here i will be looking forward to seeing your creation

thanks for putting in all the hours for us
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #45
OctopusEV
Bat Boy

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ootp3to6 View Post
What a nice surprise! I really missed EHM 2007.
I haven't run EHM2007 all summer. Waiting for the right rooster patch. When checking out TBL, there was suddenly the one link - what great news. Won't start new game now. Will continue with the old game to say goodbye. I whish the team all the best to find the right mixture, between all features desired and what is feasible in period 1 to make it commercially promising enough or even rewarding straigth to have periods 2 and 3 plus overtime, but no shootout. OctopusEV
OctopusEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #46
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

very excite!

Can't wait, considering the level of awesome youse guys bring, I'm certain I'll play the heck out of it.
On the corpse. My question is...
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
johnnybourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #47
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Talking

Name, schmame, I just hope the game will be based, run, and played exactly like the current Baseball series (in other words, complete configuration of every aspect of the game, teams, players, and leagues--fictional and/or historical).

Just take the exact same things you guys do with the Baseball game, and simply apply it to the Hockey game. That is all I ask. Don't revamp/create a new engine for Hockey, copy it from the Baseball program.
boss1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #48
Wolves
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1968 View Post
Don't revamp/create a new engine for Hockey, copy it from the Baseball program.
That would be hilarious... First version before any patches, first game with the Pittsburgh Penguins and the game starts "Sidney Crosby hits a base hit in the left field..."
Wolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #49
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves View Post
That would be hilarious... First version before any patches, first game with the Pittsburgh Penguins and the game starts "Sidney Crosby hits a base hit in the left field..."

Well, with the hockey lockout looming, the skaters may as well start learning how to play baseball, too ! I know a few possible playoff contenders that could use Crosby in the lineup !
boss1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #50
flaquis010285
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1968 View Post
Name, schmame, I just hope the game will be based, run, and played exactly like the current Baseball series (in other words, complete configuration of every aspect of the game, teams, players, and leagues--fictional and/or historical).

Just take the exact same things you guys do with the Baseball game, and simply apply it to the Hockey game. That is all I ask. Don't revamp/create a new engine for Hockey, copy it from the Baseball program.
I have a dream about this "crap" too, as a long-time baseball/OOTP fan. But this seems not easy for the developers broadcasting the same OOTP Baseball things for FHM, starting with ice hockey financials (loaning, minor and junior leagues systems, differences between North American and European hockey schools of thought, etc.)
flaquis010285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #51
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

I'm really excited about this game. I'm not the biggest Hockey fan, but love OOTP and can see myself getting lost in it very easily. Will there be facegen?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #52
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
I'm really excited about this game. I'm not the biggest Hockey fan, but love OOTP and can see myself getting lost in it very easily. Will there be facegen?
facegen would be really cool but seeing as how it's a first version i can't expect them spending extra money on such a feature. I imagine that the first version will struggle to make a profit so having that extra cost doesn't make much sense.

I do hope that they find another creative way to include customizable jerseys. I know some people like to have the players faces but eventually all players are fictional so having a placeholder as the teams jersey and number would be ideal instead of a generic photo like EHM had.

The best thing i like with facegen in ootp is "designing" the jerseys. I use designing rather loosely because all i do is use the templates and change the colours but it still adds to the immersion. Kinda cool to having those photos in the hall of fame too.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #53
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

just thought of a name that wasn't bad...Hockey Empire [Manager] 2013. I like the abbreviation for Empire Hockey Manager
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #54
Fraodi
Bat Boy

Will you get a new site/forum for FHM ?
Fraodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #55
ukslamjam
Minors (Double A)

I'm ashamed to say I haven't been on this forum for sometime but this is fantastic news.

I feel like Jim Carrey in Dumber and Dumber when he shouts "No way... that's great... we've landed on the moon!!"

Last edited by ukslamjam; 10-10-2012 at 08:36 AM.
ukslamjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #56
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

I am so excited about this. My fingers are crossed that it will be exactly like OOTP but with hockey. I can't wait to buy and play it!!!
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #57
simboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd probably pay now if they'd let me lol, i'm so stoked about this game, been dying for a good hockey game.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
TheGrackle
Bat Boy

Hi, I'm a OOTP and EHM gamer, been for a good while. OOTP Baseball is THE baseball sim.
I just can't wait for Franchise Hockey Manager to be released!
My concern is that, having played several seasons of EHM with an imaginary league, the stats and history of my league will disappear.
Is there any plans so far of being able to import EHM stats into Franchise Hockey Manager?

Carry on!
TheGrackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #59
Vikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrackle View Post
Hi, I'm a OOTP and EHM gamer, been for a good while. OOTP Baseball is THE baseball sim.
I just can't wait for Franchise Hockey Manager to be released!
My concern is that, having played several seasons of EHM with an imaginary league, the stats and history of my league will disappear.
Is there any plans so far of being able to import EHM stats into Franchise Hockey Manager?

Carry on!
That'd be a pretty tough task seeing the games are completely different. I mean, not even the same developers.

Without knowing for sure, I'd say that will not be possible.
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #60
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
That'd be a pretty tough task seeing the games are completely different. I mean, not even the same developers.

Without knowing for sure, I'd say that will not be possible.
It's not impossible if the file structure of EHM is known, and at least vaguely similar to the FHM one. It might well take more work than it's worth though, and obviously it introduces all sorts of possible bugs.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote