Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #241
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Two more Missions down - Live Toronto on my Milwaukee team, and Live White Sox on my Walsall side!

Oh, and the Diamond pack from the Toronto mission delivered pretty well - a 91 Future Legend Casey Mize, and bonus 80 Madison Bumgardner
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:57 AM   #242
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Completed the Seattle live mission - got Mark Langston and a standard pack, the standard pack had a Gold card!

It was live Eduardo Escobar, he was 80 OVR and I immediately quicksold him, but still...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #243
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Logged in today to the new missions and my Senators theme team had the cards to complete the first two Senators/Rangers missions. I can actually use the 65 OVR Ed Brinkman on my Senators theme team, though I'm not sure if I will... the poor guy can't hit a lick. But his fielding is up there with the elites - 110 at SS, can get to 124 at 2B and 118 at 3B.

My collections team had 4 of the easy missions complete when I logged in; haven't turned them in yet though, as I was just seeing what was complete and what wasn't.

The new mission rewards look really nice, but the missions all look difficult to complete. Plus I don't have much of a leg up on any of them. But hey, that's the way it always goes, right?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #244
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

My Kansas City Theme team nearly knocked out the Royals collections this morning before I left for work. Haven't bought any cards specifically for the collection yet and 2 of 3 are already done. Just missing 1 card to finish the last one. The Hal McRae card on the surface looked good for the theme team. 80+ contact iirc so he will fit in nicely. Will hopefully acquire the last card I need for the collection soon and then I can get the Wade Davis and LoCain cards.

The 95 (?) Amos Otis defense is lacking compared to the 91 but he looks to be a good card overall. Not sure which I'll use now.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:33 AM   #245
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

My primary team collects Rangers specifically. Unfortunately, I never got around to picking up every single one of them. This means I'm sitting at only 12 of 13 for the Lone Star Legends mission.

Inflation is going to be a beast to complete this one, I fear. A-Rod, a card previously valued at 10k, is up for 150k now.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:28 PM   #246
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
My primary team collects Rangers specifically. Unfortunately, I never got around to picking up every single one of them. This means I'm sitting at only 12 of 13 for the Lone Star Legends mission.

Inflation is going to be a beast to complete this one, I fear. A-Rod, a card previously valued at 10k, is up for 150k now.
I'm sure those are the "people who gotta be first" pricing - I have been tracking a few cards that ended up being in the new collections and I noticed the prices have been inflated around 40%. After a couple of weeks I'm sure the prices will come back down (but unfortunately, not all the way back down to the pre-collection prices).
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #247
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

That there mission to get the 90 Ichiro is sure going to take a lot of useful cards out of circulation. Would prefer them to make missions where you have to collect less useful cards. That would increase demand for those, while letting not depriving people of cards they could actually use.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #248
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
That there mission to get the 90 Ichiro is sure going to take a lot of useful cards out of circulation. Would prefer them to make missions where you have to collect less useful cards. That would increase demand for those, while letting not depriving people of cards they could actually use.
Some of the cards you need for that, man - I was wondering what the hell I'd need the 90 Ichiro for!
Old 08-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #249
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

The 82 Ichiro card is useable in perfect, I want to see if the 90 Ichiro is even better.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #250
chazzycat
All Star Starter

90 Ichiro is definitely better, the eye rating being the key factor IMO. OBP was a weakness of the 82 version
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #251
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
90 Ichiro is definitely better, the eye rating being the key factor IMO. OBP was a weakness of the 82 version
Anyone have a screenshot of the 90 Ichiro yet?

The 82 has been a staple on my team for awhile.

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #252
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

My Pirates theme team is about to get stronger!
Attached Images
Old 08-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #253
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Congrats STLRS95! Nice to wake up today to that I bet!

After today's missions this Collector has now become a seller.

I have all 281/281 Unsung Cards (tonight I am sure that number will go up at 9pm) and they sure seem to be a cornerstone cards of almost all the missions. Not sure why I am holding on to them. I have played a few seasons with the all Unsung Team which does well but I can see no reason at this point to horde them lol.

I never thought there would be a collect all 300/300 Unsungs card to win the INTERNET!!! But it was fun to collect them all. Going to start peeling them off before the prices drop.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:14 PM   #254
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I hate new mission day. Expect to get home and see the cards I had listed are now going for 2x or 3x as much. Wish there was a regular schedule or at least a warning posted somewhere.

Last edited by dkgo; 08-19-2019 at 03:15 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #255
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Yeah, his CON + OBP is more palatable now. Plus, it looks like his defense is enhanced as well (although a bit slower of foot?). 117 rating in RF beats the (I think) 104 the gold Ichiro was rocking. The 90 Ichiro is a card a lot of teams will be rocking for sure.

Other new cards that look useful: updated Smoky Joe Wood, Wade Davis (for the MOV lovers out there), Fred Clarke, 98 Pudge Rodriguez (better hitting version of the popular gold Pudge Rodriguez).

Most of the other cards aren't game changers despite the "shiny new" factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I hate new mission day. Expect to get home and see the cards I had listed are now going for 2x or 3x as much. Wish there was a regular schedule or at least a warning posted somewhere.
Yep. Login. Find out there are new missions. Frantically de-list all auctions. Try to make sense of things. Re-list. That's pretty much my process.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #256
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I think I've finally found my "zone" with respect to these missions after being both excited and very frustrated with them in the past. This basically involves being one (or two) batches behind the most current missions. I know there's no chance of doing the Red Sox, Pirates, Rangers, or Royals ones for a good long while (although I did seem to get Ed Brinkman and a couple of other packs for free).

But, after opening a lot of packs recently, I felt it made sense to fill in some of the older ones. In so doing, I completed the LIVE Blue Jays for about 8K (got Verlander in the diamond pack so it's a wash). Then I completed the LIVE Phillies for 11K (Dykstra retails for double that) and LIVE Yankees for 20K to get the Rickey Henderson. Splurged a bit to finish the Negro League mission (45K), but that was offset somewhat by getting John O'Neil and Kershaw/Acuna in the diamond packs. The Negro League one turned out to be a bit of a bummer, but there's some value in spinning the wheel to see what comes out of those packs that's hard to quantify.

There are 2 other collection missions I'm currently working, and am getting pretty close to, so I hope these new missions 'take the heat off of' the older ones a bit more.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:07 PM   #257
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I completed the LIVE Blue Jays for about 8K (got Verlander in the diamond pack so it's a wash)... and LIVE Yankees for 20K to get the Rickey Henderson.
How did you complete the Blue Jays for 8k when it has both Vlad Jr. and Ken Giles? And how did you do the Yankees for 20k?

Or do you mean that's what you spent outside of what you already had...

I have most of the Blue Jays cards but don't think buying Vladdy and Giles plus extras is worth a Diamond Pack. I also would really like that Yankees Rickey on one of my teams, but thought there was no way I could complete the Yankees mission at a decent price.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:07 PM   #258
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Yep. Login. Find out there are new missions. Frantically de-list all auctions. Try to make sense of things. Re-list. That's pretty much my process.
One of those things where the non-US people have a leg up. I don't find out these exist until I'm already at work and by then it's too late. Could just kill everything Sunday night but then I miss a whole day the majority of the time.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #259
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
How did you complete the Blue Jays for 8k when it has both Vlad Jr. and Ken Giles? And how did you do the Yankees for 20k?

Or do you mean that's what you spent outside of what you already had...

I have most of the Blue Jays cards but don't think buying Vladdy and Giles plus extras is worth a Diamond Pack. I also would really like that Yankees Rickey on one of my teams, but thought there was no way I could complete the Yankees mission at a decent price.
Yeah, those numbers are what I had to shell out beyond what I got from packs. So I've totally omitted the cost of the pack itself and the opportunity cost of certain cards getting locked.

I got Giles and Bichette in packs, so that paved the way to the Blue Jays. For the Yankees, LeMahieu, Severino, Torres, and Chapman came in packs. So that one was basically the cost of getting Judge + Stanton + Betances for me.

Quote:
One of those things where the non-US people have a leg up. I don't find out these exist until I'm already at work and by then it's too late. Could just kill everything Sunday night but then I miss a whole day the majority of the time.
I am thoroughly impressed by how quickly the OOTP community has all the right cards jacked up in price and listed neatly in the AH on "new mission day" aka Weimar Republic day. Love it or hate it, it's a very efficient process.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #260
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:

The missions go live at the same time it starts configuring the new leagues, so on my 3rd account i could get in almost as soon as the missions went live but had no PP. On my main account i couldn't log in until the missions had been live for almost an hour, and the market had already adjusted which isn't really a good system imo

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote