Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #4421
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
nice pull!

so what are the new missions/rewards? Got awhile to go before I get to log in and check 'em out
The missions are roughly:

5 1-star missions that award a standard pack each
A 5-star for hitters that awards a 90 OVR Suzuki Peak
a Red Sox "dynasty" mission
4 Rangers missions - 70s, 80s. 90s, 2000s. One of them rewards a 65 OVR Ed Brinkman who is rated 110 at SS (my Senators team had this one completed when I logged in).
3 Royals missions, one gives a diamond Amos Otis
a Rangers mission that requires the 4 above ones that gives a 98 OVR Ivan Rodriguez
a Royals mission that requires the 3 above that gives a 90 Cain and a Diamond Saberhagen
5 Pittsburgh missions: 1930s, 1960s, 1970s, 1990s, 2000s. The 70s one rewards an 85 OVR Madlock and a Diamond Tekulve
6 Red Sox missions, a Ted Williams oriented mission rewards a Diamond Cronin AND a Diamond Jimmy Foxx, one gives a Diamond Yaz from '67, one a 97 OVR Fisk
Pittsburgh mission that requires the 5 above
Red Sox mission that requires the 6 above, rewards a 100 OVR Tris Speaker and a 91 OVR Tim Wakefield

My impression is that there is a lot to like here for us!

Prices have already been adjusted to "first completer" status for any cards in the missions (i.e., the 84 Pesky, which I need for my Senators team, has gone from listed at 15k to 25k).

Last edited by Charlatan; 08-19-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #4422
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Also, I just noticed my Senators theme team is in the OL Gold league. Hey there fellas! My George Sisler hit for the cycle against Janesville in the opening game of the season.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #4423
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Haha, I just knew there would be a Rangers mission that would award a PEAK Pudge. Didn't know it would be today though. I have quite a few cards on one account, but probably not enough. We'll see when I get home.

I'm guessing my 100 Ted Williams sold if there's a mission related to him. Maybe could have got more PP, but I'm happy with a profit.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:42 PM   #4424
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
The missions are roughly:

5 1-star missions that award a standard pack each
A 5-star for hitters that awards a 90 OVR Suzuki Peak
a Red Sox "dynasty" mission
4 Rangers missions - 70s, 80s. 90s, 2000s. One of them rewards a 65 OVR Ed Brinkman who is rated 110 at SS (my Senators team had this one completed when I logged in).
3 Royals missions, one gives a diamond Amos Otis
a Rangers mission that requires the 4 above ones that gives a 98 OVR Ivan Rodriguez
a Royals mission that requires the 3 above that gives a 90 Cain and a Diamond Saberhagen
5 Pittsburgh missions: 1930s, 1960s, 1970s, 1990s, 2000s. The 70s one rewards an 85 OVR Madlock and a Diamond Tekulve
6 Red Sox missions, a Ted Williams oriented mission rewards a Diamond Cronin AND a Diamond Jimmy Foxx, one gives a Diamond Yaz from '67, one a 97 OVR Fisk
Pittsburgh mission that requires the 5 above
Red Sox mission that requires the 6 above, rewards a 100 OVR Tris Speaker and a 91 OVR Tim Wakefield

My impression is that there is a lot to like here for us!

Prices have already been adjusted to "first completer" status for any cards in the missions (i.e., the 84 Pesky, which I need for my Senators team, has gone from listed at 15k to 25k).
When I saw diamond Cronin, my head almost exploded. But then I saw he's garbage compared to his gold counterpart, and life goes on.

The Rangers collection seems surprisingly affordable to complete. There is only one necessary historical diamond, and for those of us who completed the Twins/Senators collection the only "collect all of these" collection in the group is basically done. And the special edition pudge is an absolute HOUSE. 115 catcher defense and like 80/80/80 CON/GAP/POW? That's a 300k card right there.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #4425
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

That 90 Ichiro mission is going to hurt a lot of ftp teams. Some real studs are in that mission. Sad to see those cards priced up and taken out of circulation.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #4426
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
When I saw diamond Cronin, my head almost exploded. But then I saw he's garbage compared to his gold counterpart, and life goes on.

The Rangers collection seems surprisingly affordable to complete. There is only one necessary historical diamond, and for those of us who completed the Twins/Senators collection the only "collect all of these" collection in the group is basically done. And the special edition pudge is an absolute HOUSE. 115 catcher defense and like 80/80/80 CON/GAP/POW? That's a 300k card right there.
Interesting. I haven't seen the stats on the Cronin card but it's sort of good to see it's not a card I'd want to chase after (and I'd have to buy it because the odds of any of my FTP teams completing that mission would be almost nil).

My Senators team started out as a Texas Rangers team but when I converted over I sold many of the later Rangers cards, sadly. So I wonder how out of reach the Pudge card would be for me ... I'd absolutely be completing the collection just to sell the card, since he doesn't belong on the Senators. Usually when that's the case, the investment to complete the collection is too high.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #4427
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interesting. I haven't seen the stats on the Cronin card but it's sort of good to see it's not a card I'd want to chase after (and I'd have to buy it because the odds of any of my FTP teams completing that mission would be almost nil).

My Senators team started out as a Texas Rangers team but when I converted over I sold many of the later Rangers cards, sadly. So I wonder how out of reach the Pudge card would be for me ... I'd absolutely be completing the collection just to sell the card, since he doesn't belong on the Senators. Usually when that's the case, the investment to complete the collection is too high.
caught some screenshots on discord for the new reward cards... had the same reaction on the new Cronin card (66/87/58/66/28 for his bat ratings; fielding range/error/arm/dp at 88/79/86/86)... (his current gold card rates at 64/81/22/68/43 for bat and blows away the fielding with 103/96/103/103)

now that Smokey Joe Wood card looked pretty sweet.... so I'm guessing that's a bear of a mission (or series of missions) to get....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #4428
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Also, I just noticed my Senators theme team is in the OL Gold league. Hey there fellas! My George Sisler hit for the cycle against Janesville in the opening game of the season.
Very cool...

I like the collections aspect of the game, but it's a bit annoying that cards appear on these release days that I have never seen before(gold/diamonds). Primarily lower and mid range diamond cards.

Never seen these cards on teams, then they appear out of thin air haha. Maybe I need to review teams more often.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #4429
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Congratulations.
Thanks! Been away for awhile from OOTP and haven't checked in a couple of weeks. Still sticking with my Negro League theme but haven't piced up any new cards in a long time. May switch up my theme. Have 100K in PP, might just get 5 Diamond packs and hope for the best.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #4430
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
Wow...and they dropped a whole bunch of Pirates missions...so Salem can actually pick up a few new players (well...OLD players, I guess...)
Just checked my Pirates theme team, have all the missions completed. Nice little extra this week!
Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #4431
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
Just checked my Pirates theme team, have all the missions completed. Nice little extra this week!
Wow, nice!... there seem to be some decent rewards there too, along with a mix of less decent ones.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:54 PM   #4432
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Diamond 381 Setup:

6 teams in the AC, 10 in the NC. Aside from that, the distribution of teams in divisions is decent. NC East and Central should be fun, with 4 OL teams in each division.

I will be tracking Diamond this season.

Glad to hear it. I don't think it would've been much fun to track the standings for Port Ruppert. They've jumped from silver in two seasons, and I gotta feeling they'll be taking their lumps.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #4433
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL S262 - 2040 Schedule

We end up with 40 or more games less than our weight in the league should give us. Sigh......
Attached Images
Old 08-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #4434
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Huh????

While the 600 PP for reliever of the year were nice, I'm not sure I understand the selection. Maloney did not start the season with Port Ruppert, but c'mon. He only blew two saves during the regular season, although he did turn into a gas can in the playoffs. I don't think the awards count post season performance. I guess WAR is for wildly arbitrary rating.
Attached Images
Old 08-19-2019, 07:14 PM   #4435
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
While the 600 PP for reliever of the year were nice, I'm not sure I understand the selection. Maloney did not start the season with Port Ruppert, but c'mon. He only blew two saves during the regular season, although he did turn into a gas can in the playoffs. I don't think the awards count post season performance. I guess WAR is for wildly arbitrary rating.

yeah, gotta wonder about the decision matrix in place for that award.... last season in Iron, the reliever of the year was Max Scherzer... he didn't have the most saves, and the rest of this stats were pretty mediocre when compared to other relievers/closers.... doesn't make much sense
Old 08-19-2019, 08:37 PM   #4436
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league schedule:

Southern: 99 games (49 home / 50 away)
Motown: 104 games (52 home / 52 away)
Victoria: 100 games (54 home / 46 away)
Washington: 103 games (47 home / 56 away)
Waffletown: 90 games (50 home / 40 away)
Cigar City: 92 games (46 home / 46 away)
Battery Point: 100 games (47 home / 53 away)
Virginia: 105 games (53 home / 52 away)
Ewa Beach: 101 games (49 home / 52 away)
Aina Haina: 105 games (53 home / 52 away)
Kaneohe: 65 games (33 home / 32 away)
Palolo: 60 games (27 home / 33 away)
California: 101 games (52 home / 49 away)
Bold Strategy: 69 games (34 home / 35 away)
Harlem: 103 games (52 home / 51 away)
Luckenbach: 106 games (53 home / 53 away)
Minneapolis: 107 games (55 home / 52 away)
Shasta: 92 games (45 home / 47 away)
Old 08-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #4437
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I gotta say Motown is not enjoying the welcome they've been shown in Perfect.... we're getting the snot beat out of us more often than not. Heeeelp!
Old 08-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #4438
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I sort of hate that now some historical players are part of multiple missions - it makes the demand so much higher for those cards. And I expect it'll get worse before it gets better. And given the slower rate at which historical cards enter the economy, it seems to me that as they add mission after mission, all they're doing is driving up the AH prices of cards.

From their standpoint I guess that's ok, since they want people to desire the cards, buy PP, etc. But for us FTP guys it's terrible since it's going to either drive us to buy packs or wait longer for teams.

I wonder if they'd consider some sort of "historical pack." Dunno what it would cost or what it would contain, and maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think it'd be healthy for the economy to get more historical players in circulation.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #4439
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I sort of hate that now some historical players are part of multiple missions - it makes the demand so much higher for those cards. And I expect it'll get worse before it gets better. And given the slower rate at which historical cards enter the economy, it seems to me that as they add mission after mission, all they're doing is driving up the AH prices of cards.

From their standpoint I guess that's ok, since they want people to desire the cards, buy PP, etc. But for us FTP guys it's terrible since it's going to either drive us to buy packs or wait longer for teams.

I wonder if they'd consider some sort of "historical pack." Dunno what it would cost or what it would contain, and maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think it'd be healthy for the economy to get more historical players in circulation.
That 90 Ichiro mission is a ftp killer. Tons of the top ftp cards in that one.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:40 PM   #4440
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Haven't Asked in Awhile

If I don't have your team logo, please post it. I sort of hesitate to ask because it is fun making them. I know for sure that in S262 I don't have Everett, Redmond Birds, and the Seattle Rainiers. Thanks. The reason I ask is because when I snip them from the game they enlarge poorly defined, like the one on the left. So I end up doing something else, like the other example, which may not suit you.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 08-20-2019 at 05:31 AM.