Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:28 AM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

How to get real player pics in the game

I know this is a dumb question. But I just can't figure it out.

I'm enjoying another exhibition replay of the 59 World Series with my White Sox.

During some games I've played with the 2019 players I had real life player pics.

Then I went again to replay the 59 World Series and all the player pics are facegens. Don't know why that happened.

Is there a way I can get the real life player pics in the replay of the series in the historical exhibition mode?

Thanks for your time.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:48 AM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Hi Jack. Did you download the historical photos file, unzip it, and place the files in your photos folder? Cheech has a comprehensive file:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304773

Ceej has photos sorted by season:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...4&postcount=90
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
Reed
All Star Starter

I get my photos from the 1st site pstrickert listed. When I first go to that site, I get a thing asking me to join Dropbox. I just X out of that since I do not want to join and the download file shows up.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

I did that several weeks ago and the real pics show up in 2019 play etc...but when I started this World Series replay I got facegem instead. Thanks for the help...I will try this again. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Hi Jack. Did you download the historical photos file, unzip it, and place the files in your photos folder? Cheech has a comprehensive file:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304773

Ceej has photos sorted by season:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...4&postcount=90

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #5
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thanks Reed...

I do the same thing.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Well I guess I've messed everything up. I dl the special real pic file from Cheech's site.

But after unzipping them to a file and then copying them...when I go to OOTP20 in my and double clipping OOTP20 I can not get to the photo file. I only get access to a data...and defualt file and can't paste them to a photo file. It does not show.

Guess I messed a lot of things up.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If you open the "data" folder, do you see any other folders?
Old 07-21-2019, 05:22 PM   #8
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

I get 'misc' and that's about it. Nothing about photos. Now if I just go to OOTP20 without trying to paste something there then photos etc show up.

But when I copy the pics and go to put them in the photo section of OOTP20 then I just get data and not much else. Wierd...

Old 07-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #9
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Weird is right! What happens if you right click on just one of the photos, choose Copy, and then go to the "data" folder? Does the "photos" folder show up? Can you open that folder, right click inside it, and choose Paste?
Old 07-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #10
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

YEAH !!! I got it done thanks to your help!

I'm into game 3 of 59 World Series and the game is great...EXCEPT...yes I got the 817 meg pics to the photo site. Now here is the latest kicker.

Only a couple of the real life pics are showing in the game as it's being played. But I checked the Dodgers/White Sox rosters before starting game 3 and it showed the real life pics!

However, in the game only a couple show...I still have the facegens during the game. ????

: )

Old 07-21-2019, 07:05 PM   #11
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The Facegens show because they were generated before you added the photos. If you go into the .lg folder, you can delete the files in the images folder (news-->html-->images). I'm going from memory, so I may have the order wrong.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #12
Reed
All Star Starter

You can go to the individual players page whe you can edit player info.. On the top left corner on the edit page you will probably see a face gen picture. On the left side of the edit page there is a tab called something like picture functions. Click on that. You should see about 6 options like face gen, auto load photo, etc.. If auto load photo option is available, select that and the face gen picture at the top left of the page will change to real pictures. It took me about an hour to do this for 16 teams.
A few of the players names near the top of the edit page does not match the name on the photo. One might have a middle initial while the other one does not or one might have a jr.. Those will not have the auto load feature available but I could get several of them to show up by omitting the middle initial or selection load photo file, inside the picture function tab..
You might give this a try if you are still having problems. Anyway, it worked for me or maybe I just got lucky.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #13
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thank you PStrickert and Reed...

I'll give those a try. Bad thing is my White Sox lost to Drysdale 3-0 : )
Fun game though !!

Old 07-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #14
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thanks again fellas for your help.

I'm trying to get this going...finally found .lg but it doesn't have the two other categories that were listed.

Still have real life pics when looking up details of historical players in the exhibition mode but facegens when they are on the field. : )

I'll try again later today after I mow. Mow...ugh.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:25 PM   #15
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Well...I couldn't find (news-->html-->images) in .lg. I deleted a ton of facegens and then went to play some historical games in 1967. Granted about 40-50% are real life pics but the rest are facegens.

So I've kinda given up. : ) But the games are playing good and when I play in a regular season (2019) it looks like 90% are real life pics. So that's good.

Thanks again fellas for your help.