Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
mrdrewblue
Minors (Single A)

Stadium Evolutions

Let stadiums evolve (in both fictional and real leagues) and become a financial lever in the game's universe.

For example,
  • Use owner funds to change the number of seats - perhaps a stadium may expand after many years of high local support. Costs money in the short term but should bring in higher income in the future to lead to higher budget.
  • Fence distances or wall heights tweak based on team style or strategy; perhaps when a new owner comes on board he will 'revise' stadium stats
  • Perhaps you could 'buy' new stadiums with owner funds, or use some of your fan support or loyalty to solicit tax dollars
  • New or improved stadiums can attract and effect how likely free agent talent is to sign
  • Ownership is short on cash? Sell the naming rights to stadium.

Thoughts?
Old 07-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
cbbl
All Star Starter

I like it! Anything that allows more immersion and the game to be played as running an entire baseball franchise or league is great with me.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
Vortex421
Minors (Single A)

Going to agree on this one... it seems like a natural evolution. New stadiums get built every 20-30 years, and even in between stadiums tend to get upgraded to allow for more seating, better amenities, etc. While you can kinda do that now, if you know how to do it, it would be neater to be able to work on it through the game itself.
Vortex421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #4
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I like the idea.... but. The role of the player is GM or manager. Business decisions like that are over the pay grade of either position. Unless they happen in the background without the player's control. But the OOTP AI tends to run amok when left to it's own devices. In a few seasons you might find yourself playing in front of a half million fans in a stadium that makes the roman coliseum look like an Appy league park
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #5
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
I like the idea.... but. The role of the player is GM or manager. Business decisions like that are over the pay grade of either position. Unless they happen in the background without the player's control. But the OOTP AI tends to run amok when left to it's own devices. In a few seasons you might find yourself playing in front of a half million fans in a stadium that makes the roman coliseum look like an Appy league park
Fair, but I support having the option to play as a league commissioner or as an owner too. In fact, I always play in commissioner mode and manipulate my league to achieve certain results. BUT ... the AI running amok is a valid concern.

I'm actually considering playing the game in commissioner mode not signing to be Manager or GM for any team, just constantly "Playing As" as I see fit.