Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thumbs up Sept 1st Rosters/Quickstart

Hi all!

Here's a little present of an updated roster set.

We have two choices for you. The first is with updated rosters as of September 1st, as well as updated stats and standings as of that date as well, you that can play out the last month of the MLB season and the playoffs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95nrnpxdhp...quick.zip?dl=0

Download the above file and unzip it to your quickstarts folder (Go to Settings > Troubleshooting > 'Open Folder Containing Customizable Data". From there navigate to the quickstarts folder and unzip the above to create a "MLB Sept 1.quick" file. Then you should be able to start a new quickstart game from this). See more explicit details here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...19&postcount=7

There are some caveats with the file:
-Due to some issues, there may be some stats that are missing/incomplete/wrong. However, the "main" stats (ie. batting avg, HR) should be accurate. MLB service time may also not be correct - we have tried to estimate it for players, but players who have missed time due to injury will most likely be off.
-No minor league stats or schedules have been imported.
-2018 draftees are not updated to their new teams

The second option is a quickstart as of Opening Day (with all leagues included), but with rosters set as of September 1st (injuries are not updated)

You can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzfuzpttkp...ept_7.zip?dl=0

As with the above, 2018 draftees and amateur fa signings are not updated to their new teams, as we've left them in the draft for now.

To install the quickstart, download the above file and unzip it to your quickstarts folder. Go to your game settings, on the last tab, there is a button to open your data folder. From there navigate to the quickstarts folder and unzip the file. Then you should be able to start a new quickstart game from this.

If you get an error that the files needs to be downloaded, it's likely because you've accidentally unzipped the quickstart two folders deep in the quickstart folder like this (C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games\MLB Sept 1.quick\MLB Sept 1.quick

In that case, just cut or copy the second MLB Sept 1.quick folder and place it directly in the quickstart games folder, like this ((C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games\MLB Sept 1.quick)

Hope you enjoy this!

As always, thanks so much for supporting us and for being a great fantastic community!

The OOTP Developments Team

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-29-2018 at 05:28 AM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbgy7ovdj8...ept_7.zip?dl=0

We've also included a template file for above if you want to replace the .wtp file so that you can use these rosters in a new standard game so you can select which leagues you want to include.

If so, you can do the following: Navigate to your main OOTP data folder and then to the folder called world_templates.

For most default installations of the game on Windows you should be able to find it at C:\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\world_templates

Once you get there make a backup of the file already in that folder called default.wtp Then unzip this file into the folder.

Then start the game as normal, select the 'standard game' option and then pick which leagues you'd like to include. Then the game will create a new universe for you using these updated rosters (be aware that the season will start in March though, not is September)!

Old 09-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks team OOTP! Will these be available through Steam?

In other words: uploaded to Steam so we Steam-OOTP customers can have the game auto-updated?
robedits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
sketchy1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nice! Now I can take the Royals on a winning streak and get them in the playoff--

Oh, yeah, nevermind
sketchy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by robedits View Post
In other words: uploaded to Steam so we Steam-OOTP customers can have the game auto-updated?
No, for Steam you'll still have to manually download and install as per the instructions here. The process should be the same on both the Steam and standalone versions.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
William Satterwhite
Minors (Double A)

Just want to make sure- with the Sept 1st quickstart, since the draft has already occurred in game would it just be a matter of editing the drafted players to their correct teams through the editor or would that potentially screw anything up for the next draft? Just want to make sure.
William Satterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #7
TheScuderia
Bat Boy

I downloaded the first dropbox link. The rosters are up to date but it started me in March instead of September. And the second link is the same link as the first.
TheScuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Thanks! Hope I’m able to install with Origin
Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #9
jcard
Major Leagues

First off, thanks as always for your efforts. I just want to confirm that the two Dropbox files are in fact different- they appear to have the same link address and are of the same size (which I wasn't expecting, given the inclusion of statistics in the first). Apologies if I am overlooking the obvious.
Thanks again,
jcard
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScuderia View Post
I downloaded the first dropbox link. The rosters are up to date but it started me in March instead of September. And the second link is the same link as the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard View Post
First off, thanks as always for your efforts. I just want to confirm that the two Dropbox files are in fact different- they appear to have the same link address and are of the same size (which I wasn't expecting, given the inclusion of statistics in the first). Apologies if I am overlooking the obvious.
Thanks again,
jcard
Yeah, I included the wrong link for the first file, sorry

Should be fixed now, so if you've already downloaded that one, give it another shot.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Satterwhite View Post
Just want to make sure- with the Sept 1st quickstart, since the draft has already occurred in game would it just be a matter of editing the drafted players to their correct teams through the editor or would that potentially screw anything up for the next draft? Just want to make sure.
That should work just fine.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 09-13-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobbins View Post
Thanks! Hope I’m able to install with Origin
It should be exactly the same for installing the files no matter whether you have the game on Steam, Origin, standalone, App store etc.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #13
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If you do it please post it because that's the only minus to September 1st Update. To other things missing are Arizona Fall League and WBC but easy to add. So would moving International/Independent guys to free-Agent Market. Also Matheny still with Cardinals no biggie.

Last edited by mgom27; 09-13-2018 at 08:19 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #14
Reggie
Major Leagues

Perfect timing. Was watching the Brewers and Cubs last night and was thinking it would be fun to see how far I could take the Crew with their late season moves. Now I can do it.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #15
Ahugel71
Bat Boy

Hey, I’m having some difficulties with the Sept 1st quickstart file. It says on mine that the world file can’t load, and this has led me to believe that the file is corrupt. What should I do? Thanks.

Last edited by Ahugel71; 09-13-2018 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Typo: should be led me not lead
Ahugel71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #16
eckythump
Bat Boy

Thanks very much for this, though a few issues I noticed with the Yankees roster - Didi Gregorius is not out for 3 months, he's already back playing, and Sonny Gray pitched during the week so not sure why he's out for 3 months for 'personal' reasons? Also no chance Tommy Kahnle is a 4 1/2 star pitcher this year, but I'll take that one!
eckythump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahugel71 View Post
Hey, I’m having some difficulties with the Sept 1st quickstart file. It says on mine that the world file can’t load, and this has led me to believe that the file is corrupt. What should I do? Thanks.
I would guess this might be because you unzipped the file into a folder that's one level too deep for the game to read (I've done the same thing myself).

If you get an error that the files needs to be downloaded, it's likely because you've accidentally unzipped the quickstart two folders deep in the quickstart folder like this (C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games\MLB Sept 1.quick\MLB Sept 1.quick

In that case, just cut or copy the second MLB Sept 1.quick folder and place it directly in the quickstart games folder, like this ((C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games\MLB Sept 1.quick)

If that doesn't help, and the file is corrupt, then just delete it and redownload and you should be good.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckythump View Post
Thanks very much for this, though a few issues I noticed with the Yankees roster - Didi Gregorius is not out for 3 months, he's already back playing, and Sonny Gray pitched during the week so not sure why he's out for 3 months for 'personal' reasons? Also no chance Tommy Kahnle is a 4 1/2 star pitcher this year, but I'll take that one!
A lot of the injuries, we didn't know exactly how long they were for and so I think Matt just used 60 days as a default when he was updating them for guys who it looked like were gone through the end of the year.

So definitely some of those are likely a bit off, but you can fix them pretty easily by using the editor.

On Kahnle, it's always very hard to know how to rate RP's since their performance has so much variance in reality. So yeah, maybe should've nerfed Kahnle a bit. It'll probably happen in OOTP20, so I guess just enjoy him being better for now

Old 09-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
A lot of the injuries, we didn't know exactly how long they were for and so I think Matt just used 60 days as a default when he was updating them for guys who it looked like were gone through the end of the year.

So definitely some of those are likely a bit off, but you can fix them pretty easily by using the editor.

On Kahnle, it's always very hard to know how to rate RP's since their performance has so much variance in reality. So yeah, maybe should've nerfed Kahnle a bit. It'll probably happen in OOTP20, so I guess just enjoy him being better for now
Yeah for injuries we used a site. It's likely that those guys were listed there with an "unknown" return date. Some unknown guys should have been DTD, some are gone for 1+ years, but we had no way to automatically know that.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #20
Ahugel71
Bat Boy

Thanks for the advice!
Ahugel71 is offline   Reply With Quote