Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:57 AM   #1
fintach
Major Leagues

Can't demote to rookie league

I was doing some routine offseason promotions and demotions, and I got down to my Short Season A team. On about the third or fourth player demoted, it stopped working. The transactions dialog listed the transaction, but the player remained on my Short Season A team. Then I tried signing a few minor league free agents. They went to my S A team. I traded for a couple of minor leaguers. Same thing -- they went to my S A team. I couldn't demote them to Rookie ball either. I thought, maybe the roster was full? But the roster has no maximum size. And other organizations had much larger Rookie League teams. Still, I went through and released about thirty players who were never going to see any playing time. I still can't send any players to my Rookie League team. I've uploaded the .zip file. The league is USBL, so the file is USBL.zip

History:
Portland Purple Knights of the USBL: 1x NL Champs
1970-74 Berkeley Free Radicals of the BBL: 4x Division Title, 3x LCS, 2x Left Coast Cup Champions
2011 Portland River Dragons of the SPL: 1x Division Title
2011 Las Vegas Coyotes (MLB): half season before DH bored me to death.
fintach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Took a look at this, and it seems like you just have too many players on the team. There may be some sort of hardcoded limit, I'm not sure.

Other orgs do have larger rosters, but it looks like guys are just getting auto-assigned there and then stuck there.

Once I released another 10-15 players and got the Rookie level roster down to around 80 guys I was able to demote players there again.

So you'll really just want to keep less guys on your Rookie league team. There's no real benefit to keeping that many guys around anyway, 90% of them won't even get to play at all and if some of them do play they might do so at the expense of your better prospects.

Another thing to do might be to actually set some (slightly higher) roster limits on the higher levels of the minors (like maybe 30 guys per level) so the ai will send more players to the higher levels and less get bunched up in the rookie league.

I've never seen rookie league rosters as big as they are in this save, not really sure why they got that way in the first place

At any rate, I'd also recommend adding a few more low minor league levels to this world for the extra players to play in or else generating less players through having less rounds of the draft and less IFA's to begin with.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-07-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #3
fintach
Major Leagues

Thank you for the recommendations. The only reason I hadn't cut the Rookie League roster down further was that the other teams had so many, I thought I was missing something. ::shakes head::

I like the idea of the roster limit adjustment, and adding another minor league, too. Thanks again.

History:
Portland Purple Knights of the USBL: 1x NL Champs
1970-74 Berkeley Free Radicals of the BBL: 4x Division Title, 3x LCS, 2x Left Coast Cup Champions
2011 Portland River Dragons of the SPL: 1x Division Title
2011 Las Vegas Coyotes (MLB): half season before DH bored me to death.
fintach is offline   Reply With Quote