Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Player On My Team Playing On Other Team?

Was playing a game in Challenge Mode (so no major editing, etc) as the Mets and was playing against the Nationals. 8th inning, Addison Reed is pitching, the Nats pitcher spot comes up - and my closer (Jeurys Familia) comes up as the PH for them. Go to the roster screen, he's unavailable to use for me after this pinch hit.

I'm on a Mac and I'll be honest, FTP is a bit beyond my knowledge on this machine. I've uploaded all the .dat files to the to a dropbox link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7cmbq7usi...Mets2.zip?dl=0

If that's not good enough, let me know how to get it up to the FTP site.

Thanks!
dannibalcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:14 AM   #2
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

just had the same thing happen to me. the other team used my closer to pinch hit and he is now unavailable for me. guessing it's a bug that was introduced with the update. gonna put my season on hold until this one is resolved!
Hooray Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanks for reporting this, we found the problem and sorted it out. We'll have a patch for it soon. It shouldn't happen much though in the meantime, it's a pretty rare thing.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Thanks for reporting this, we found the problem and sorted it out. We'll have a patch for it soon. It shouldn't happen much though in the meantime, it's a pretty rare thing.
haha awesome. it was certainly odd to see! I was like, hey the Cubs have a guy with the same name as my pitcher.... and then I looked a bit closer, and it was my pitcher!!

In the 8th, I put my 2nd to last man in the bullpen in to pitch. I was down by 2, and I figured, if I tie it up, I can go to my stopper, who was fully rested, and he could go a good 3-4 innings if necessary. In the top of the 9th was when the other team used him to pinch hit. Once I figured out what happened and that I wouldn't be able to use him in the game, I kind of panicked. hahaha. So, bottom of the 9th, I'm thinking, well, we can do anything but tie it. If we tie it, I've got nobody to pitch. So my cleanup hitter hits a 3 run homer, and we win the game, ending a 5 game losing streak. So no harm no foul, except in my pitcher's batting record, he will always have one at-bat for a team he was never a part of. I can live with that.
Hooray Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
How soon are we talking for the patch? These two just seen it happen in games they're playing out. So, how many times is it happening in games simming in the background?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
How soon are we talking for the patch? These two just seen it happen in games they're playing out. So, how many times is it happening in games simming in the background?
We still have to discuss. We're still intending the patch to come out early next week, however could consider moving it up depending on how our testing goes. This is obviously an issue that we want to get solved earlier rather than later.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
FWIW, I've been playing out most of the 2019 season with the Mets and out of 60ish games so far, I only saw it once - so not a totally rampant problem thankfully (although the way Familia has been pitching in that season, maybe having him unavailable isn't the worst thing )
dannibalcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannibalcorpse View Post
FWIW, I've been playing out most of the 2019 season with the Mets and out of 60ish games so far, I only saw it once - so not a totally rampant problem thankfully (although the way Familia has been pitching in that season, maybe having him unavailable isn't the worst thing )
Thanks. You noticed it because it happened in a game you were playing out. But, if you aren't going through all the boxscores of all the other games in your league, we really don't know how often it's happening. Something like this could easily taint a division race.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
Harmon Killebrew
Minors (Double A)

Was the problem that the pitcher was on both teams: before the game, during and after the game, or just during the game when this bug would come up?

I am wondering, because if it was before the game, I need to start a new franchise game up, again, to get new rosters get rid of duplicate players.
Harmon Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Killebrew View Post
Was the problem that the pitcher was on both teams: before the game, during and after the game, or just during the game when this bug would come up?

I am wondering, because if it was before the game, I need to start a new franchise game up, again, to get new rosters get rid of duplicate players.
No, the problem was that in-game, in rare cases, one team might accidentally use a player from the other team to pinch hit. The bug and fix would apply to any game in progress.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
Harmon Killebrew
Minors (Double A)

Please note, there is no link to download the file yet with the announcement posting.
Harmon Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #12
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Killebrew View Post
Please note, there is no link to download the file yet with the announcement posting.
I think the link for the fix was removed, because they found another issue and plan on releasing the fix later today. The link was there originally, but pulled back when second issue was found.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #13
rday2001
Bat Boy

Too funny

Same thing just happened to me. Glad to know I'm not alone and the devs are on it already!
rday2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rday2001 View Post
Same thing just happened to me. Glad to know I'm not alone and the devs are on it already!
Are you on the latest patch, #72?

This shouldn't be happening anymore if so!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote