Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Crashes Corrupting Pitching Staff (legacy)

As the two images show, a crash has caused the game to assign pitches to two starters to the game three days ago. This causes starters to not be properly rested and makes me change era starting pitching settings. This feels like cheating to me. After many editions of OOTP, can we finally put this bug (or feature) to sleep?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

is this caused due to purposely crashing the game? i only ask because that wouldn't be the developer's responsibility at that point. stop crashign the game on purpose,

side note to put mind at ease: the moment you switch the settings back for pitcher stamina, it goes into effect immediately. so, you won't have a lingering effect from changing it back and forth - excepth when it is temporatily changed it will operate under those rules for that day(s), of course

also, if you know you clicked "save" before the crash, you can copy the contents of the auto-save directory to the game's main directory. that should fix the fatigue thing... and anythign else possibly unseen. (backup before doing this!)

all of the last crashes i've had that i can remember do not cause this to happen.. maybe it's caused be something different bwetween our leagues? in past years i have seen it, but not in a very long time. that's not a fix, but it's better than a workaround if viable. **edit: i remember the last time this occured was due to a rainout or soemthing and reschedule - but i also remember this being fixed in a patch note.

the stability this year, and last, are defintely improved from just a few years ago. or maybe i just had some bad luck before... but the only problem i've seen this year is when it hangs when "closing game world" or whatever at the end of Exiting the game.

i'm starting to think these problems occur if you click backup or somethign that causes a large write operation to occur to the HDD. i can hear it still working after the game things it's done, because saving the game involves lots of little bits of data, not sequential data. so a typical HDD will only write that crap at ~4MB/s compared to a normal level of 80-120+MB/s.

if you do a full backup or you keep all your history and such even a normal save can cause this to happen.... while it's still writing to the HDD, if you start a game or try to close the application i think it does not handle that well. (the backup or save is still writing from RAM to HDD and the game isn't handling that situation well).

next time it happens, try to think about what you did before it occured... there must be a cause

Last edited by NoOne; 01-06-2017 at 04:50 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote