Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-27-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Big request

I would love love love to get news articles when a player is within reach of a league record (hits, hrs, rbis), whatever...that way we can follow this guy too see if he could actually do. Also an article stating when a player moves up on the all time leaderbord (I.e. JohnSmith has just passed Pete Rose on the most career hits of all time list!!"....then he could go on to say "A record that stood for 40 years..one that we thought would never be broken!!!". IMO opinion, along with the new HOF induction process, this would add soooo much immersion into the game for me!!!

what are everyones thoughts on adding this feature??

thanks markus
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:57 AM   #2
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Would be incredible to have news articles somehow more easily accessible in their creation and customization to the users. If we didn't have to go into the game files and go crazy with editing files that could corrupt our entire game and instead could just cut and copy some text with actions in it, I'm absolutely positive this community could turn out thousands of articles....

Alas, the process as it stands now is pretty intricate.
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:36 AM   #3
hfield007
All Star Starter

I enjoyed when I had someone beat the all-time homerun record recently and didn't get anything telling me. Would've been cool to get that story.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:08 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The whole news article stuff is incredibly complex and requires tons of work... we are improving it every year though.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #5
mmartin68
Minors (Double A)

I think it would be cool also to get a news article on later in the season when a team ties or goes ahead in the division.
mmartin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
smiller
Major Leagues

Agree it would be great to have more news articles on all-time records. In my fictional league, I have a hitter who is within 100 hits of becoming the first to reach 3,000 career hits, so I'm following his progress avidly. Hope this milestone gets a nice news article when reached.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The whole news article stuff is incredibly complex and requires tons of work... we are improving it every year though.
Playoff news!!!!!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote