Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

Easy Fix? Editable History?

OOTP16 sounds fantastic. I've already played the living daylights out of 15. One new feature that intrigues me is NEW AWARDS - Reliever etc. But, for those of us who've been running long leagues - we will have a big vacuum in the history with No entries for those awards.

Some of us have been creating these awards in our imaginations over the years, it would be great to be able to input them into the game to complete our history.

Is this something that is do-able?
aslanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Nope, sorry.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslanking View Post
OOTP16 sounds fantastic. I've already played the living daylights out of 15. One new feature that intrigues me is NEW AWARDS - Reliever etc. But, for those of us who've been running long leagues - we will have a big vacuum in the history with No entries for those awards.

Some of us have been creating these awards in our imaginations over the years, it would be great to be able to input them into the game to complete our history.

Is this something that is do-able?
I'm pretty sure that they announced that all the awards are being added such as the Reliever, silver sluggers and such. Don't know if they are allowing edits, but just telling you in case it helps.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #4
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

The best thing about OOTP is that it is so darn user-friendly. Just curious - why no love for history edits? "Integrity of the game?" Or it's just too difficult?
Old 01-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslanking View Post
The best thing about OOTP is that it is so darn user-friendly. Just curious - why no love for history edits? "Integrity of the game?" Or it's just too difficult?
It's just very difficult to make it user-friendly and create it in a way that the user cannot screw the engine up. History is used in the AI a lot, for example.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #6
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I don't think he was asking about editing historical stats (I may be wrong), but just being able to update the list of award winners for years when there was no spot for them. For example, if you look at our history list of MVP award winners (our only custom award so far), there is a big gap from the star of the league until 2014.

Shire Conference

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #7
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

Yep, this is precisely what i was hoping to fix. Not sure how that would impact the AI - but Markus knows what he is doing.

I have same issue as the Shire Conference referenced - would be nice to fill in the gaps.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #8
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

I;d just love to be able to edit the League History page where the League Champions are listed,just that and nothing else.I switched to a 2 SL set-up from 1SL set up and this created gaps in the listings which didn't bother me at the time but now irritates the hell out of me.My League is 6 real years old.
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It's just very difficult to make it user-friendly and create it in a way that the user cannot screw the engine up. History is used in the AI a lot, for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
I don't think he was asking about editing historical stats (I may be wrong), but just being able to update the list of award winners for years when there was no spot for them.
Hopefully Markus will take another look at this thread and realize, if he did not do so before, that just this cosmetic capability would be welcome. Sometimes we forget to bestow special awards. It would be good to be able to redress that in the award listings just as we can edit the player history and related news stories.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #10
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
I don't think he was asking about editing historical stats (I may be wrong), but just being able to update the list of award winners for years when there was no spot for them. For example, if you look at our history list of MVP award winners (our only custom award so far), there is a big gap from the star of the league until 2014.

Shire Conference

you wasted a chunk of my afternoon!

well done. I laughed more than once
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote