Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 07-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #101
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
Bookmarks are for browsers and books I think what you mean are keyboard shortcuts.

The keyboard arrow keys Left & Right should be working like one page back and forward.
Beside that you need a set of prefixed page keys for most viewed pages in the game like:
1 = team view
2 = team standing
3 = league standing
4 = team lineup
5 = league news

... something like that, it would improve the flow and speed of the game so fast.
No, I mean bookmarks, the same as OOTP has now and that can be customized by the user.

I don't want the game to decide for me what keys do what, I would like the ability to do that myself.

What you're suggesting is entirely different than what I'm suggesting.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-23-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #102
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
No, I mean bookmarks, the same as OOTP has now and that can be customized by the user.

I don't want the game to decide for me what keys do what, I would like the ability to do that myself.

What you're suggesting is entirely different than what I'm suggesting.
Both are good ideas, I just don't know if we have the time to add it. But we will streamline the navigation in FHM 2015 greatly and looking at what we have so far, it should be a great improvement over 2014.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #103
Carna
Bat Boy

Little things that bother me in UI :

1. Players profile and career stats page, stats column order is different than what is practically standard for every web site or stats book, etc. AGE column is what makes it harder to look fast player stats and should moved different place, because if you are watched hockey last 30 years like me, you are used to look that first four numerical columns are GP - G - A - PTS.

I suggest moving age column after year column and before team name, for example.

2. Players season stats page where players power play and penalty kill times are listed, are presented time totals. It would be much easier evaluate players PP and PK participation if they are presented time averages, like ATOI is. Now I have to look first how many minutes player have PP or PK in total and check how many games he is played and then calculate average time my self, which is annoying.

Especially when playing with blind mode on, evaluate player (ie trade candidate) performance is easier if you look his average time on ice ( it tells you is he mostly played first two lines or 3 or 4 ) and average power playing time and then compare them to his point totals.

Example If player have good amount poins and have low ATOI and PP TOI/G , he is likely better player offensively than his point totals show. Other way around if player have average/low point totals, but high ATOI and PP TOI/G , he likely is not good enough for role he is playing.

I suggest changing PP and PK total times to average times in season stats page. ( or rather everywhere.)

These could sound like minor things, but for me they are annoying things. Not biggest problems in world, but annoying still.

Last edited by Carna; 07-23-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Typo's
Carna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #104
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carna View Post
Little things that bother me in UI :

1. Players profile and career stats page, stats column order is different than what is practically standard for every web site or stats book, etc. AGE column is what makes it harder to look fast player stats and should moved different place, because if you are watched hockey last 30 years like me, you are used to look that first four numerical columns are GP - G - A - PTS.

I suggest moving age column after year column and before team name, for example.
That point was already 'unofficially' agreed on by all FHM Beta users BEFORE this game got released in October.

I don't know why it hasn't been changed during the year of development, it doesn't look like rocket science to me to just move X column to the back of the line for example.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #105
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Regarding the stats - I agree. It drives me round the bend! Everywhere stats are listed they're displayed in an unusual fashion.

As Crombeen has said, it has been discussed at length by the testers. I would imagine the reason it hasn't been addressed sooner is that the devs have had their hands full sorting out other aspects. I agree things like the display of stats is important, but not as important as getting the bugs fixed, improving scouting and the game engine, etc.

Some very impressive work has already been started on the upper area of the UI (the nav bar) for 2015. I can't speak for the devs, but I would hope the UI development will extend beyond the upper menu area and address the various other UI issues, including stats display. But understandably they have to work on other parts of the game too; so we'll have to wait and see.

The most important thing is that things are continuing to progress in the right direction and they're truly listening to the testers' suggestions (as well as the community in general - well at least those who aren't here just to troll!).
Old 07-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #106
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
I don't know why it hasn't been changed during the year of development, it doesn't look like rocket science to me to just move X column to the back of the line for example.
That has to be one of the most annoying little things I've ever seen. A few months ago I asked about it on Twitter and got a reply that Jeff's said it's intentional to have age there and there's no plans on removing it. I knew I can't be the only one who's irritated by it, but didn't realize it's been discussed over such a long time before that.
So yeah, if we can't have total control over the stats we see, my vote still goes for kicking that age column out of the stats. It just doesn't belong there.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #107
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
That has to be one of the most annoying little things I've ever seen. A few months ago I asked about it on Twitter and got a reply that Jeff's said it's intentional to have age there and there's no plans on removing it. I knew I can't be the only one who's irritated by it, but didn't realize it's been discussed over such a long time before that.
So yeah, if we can't have total control over the stats we see, my vote still goes for kicking that age column out of the stats. It just doesn't belong there.
I love that the age is there, just not in that position. Hockeyreference.com has it in the perfect place.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #108
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I love that the age is there, just not in that position. Hockeyreference.com has it in the perfect place.
If it needs to be in, that would be the perfect place like you said. I'd still prefer the option of just tossing it. Personal preferences - a great reason to have a completely modular stats screen. Perhaps sometime in the future.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #109
HabsGER
Bat Boy

Hi guys,

first of all, I love this thread and I really like the way this is going. I played EHM2007 for years and I loved it, so FHM2014 was my way to go.

I played it for around 400 hours now and wrote down everything that came to my mind while playing the game, just to not forget my thoughts. Here's my "small list" of things that I think could be quite helpful or might be nice to have.
  • minor injuries (in my case 3day-flu) shouldn't stop the progress to the next day, if they don't affect the team (today's the 15th, next game is 2 games later). maybe only major injuries (e.g. 2+ weeks should get reported early, to put a player on your IRL) should stop the current progress, minor injuries can be dealt with before heading into a game
  • "possible/upcoming free agets" should be listed in a seperate tab in the FA-menu, since it's really annoying to check every single team for possible FAs
  • in certain areas of the roster, the player information should automatically switch to the needed information, e.g. when i'm watching the injury list, the shown information should be "health status", just to get a quick update on the injuries
  • there should be a insurance check when klicking the "setup organization"-button, just to prevent callups of players that might need to clear waivers if sent down later
  • schedule maybe switchable between day/month-view, whereas month only shows the upcoming matches of your own team (calendar view)
  • trade players: "offer to league" like in ehm2007 would be nice, just to get some offers for a player, especially nearing trade deadline
  • player tab's missing a gamelog, to look up who's hot and who's not (the team home shows a hot/cold-list, but there's never been any player listed for me)
  • did I miss out on a ranking of draftees, which lists up who's 1st overall ranked etc? would be nice to see who I scouted and who not or be able to sort the draftees by their official draft rankings, not only their potential
  • there should be shown if a player's ufa or rfa in the fa-tab (maybe a filter-option, just to show rfa/ufa players)
  • the personnel tab should be overhauled:
    • filter: head/assistant/scout - coaching style (technical, mental etc)
    • when I sorted the free agent personnel and clicked on one of them to see the profile, they're all unsorted when I go back to the personnel list
  • possibility to set prefered trade needs, e.g. picks instead of players and what kind of player (e.g. a certain position)
  • filter FAs by leagues/teams, e.g. if you want to sign undrafted junior players still playing in juniors
  • would be nice to check your current opponent's lineup during a game, just to be able adjust your lines (e.g. if you want to match their best faceoff guy with yours)
  • in the news-tab, maybe add the possibility to delete messages by selecting them via click+ctrl or hitting the del-key

There might be several points that were already mentioned before, so just ignore them if it's the case.

Greetings
Jan
HabsGER is offline   Reply With Quote