Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Schneides
Bat Boy

Problem with Assistants Setting Lines

Is anyone else having trouble with the assistants setting lines?

When I do it, I can get one player playing multiple positions on the same line! Or one defenceman in three of the 6 positions in the even strength lines.

Cheers

Schneides
Schneides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
thepete
Minors (Double A)

I believe this was fixed with the latest patch? I haven't seen the problem with it anyways.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
Schneides
Bat Boy

Thanks for this, but I had updated to patch 1.50 and it seems to have gotten worse.

Cheers

Craig
Old 11-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Is there a particular league this is happening to you in? I'm wondering if it may be a product of unusual roster sizes and/or defense pairing rules.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
Sebastien
Minors (Rookie Ball)

about lines... should the assistant dress and undress player like a coach or do i have to do it for him?
Sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien View Post
about lines... should the assistant dress and undress player like a coach or do i have to do it for him?
He'll change the dressed/scratched players if you use the "AI setup organization" action button, but that may also result in him calling up players he wants to use. "Ask Assistant" will just change the lines using the currently dressed players, without making any roster changes (so you'll get an error message if you use it without a full lineup dressed.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Sebastien
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
He'll change the dressed/scratched players if you use the "AI setup organization" action button, but that may also result in him calling up players he wants to use. "Ask Assistant" will just change the lines using the currently dressed players, without making any roster changes (so you'll get an error message if you use it without a full lineup dressed.)
Thanks Jeff. Hockey wise i must say that i would be better and more realistic if when "ask assistant" the assistant use the players provided to him by the GM thus dress and undress them...

So assistant could be coach. A suggestion if it is possible to do it that way enable the coach in the staff so that we can hired them to be "assistant coach" that actualy coach...
Sebastien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
thepete
Minors (Double A)

I wish the bastard would just fill in the blanks rather than reshuffle everything. Since the drag and drop system is pretty terrible (time consuming, click-a-thon) and injuries still are plentiful, after a few games with consecutive injuries I just can't be bothered to keep managing my lineup spot by spot. So I end up getting fed up with it, asking my assistant to do it even though he (usually) doesn't view the line-up at all like I do. So I get angry at him too.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Schneides
Bat Boy

I am playing in the NHL as the Flames in a non-historic game (ie starting in 1013/14).
Old 12-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
Schneides
Bat Boy

As an update, I find that part of the problem is if I am trying to play too many of one type of defenceman (ie 5 LDs and 1 RD) then the Assistants try to have one player play too many positions. If I change the primary positions to 3 and 3 then it works better.

However, this does not work for forwards I have 4 of each dressed and one player in particular gets slotted into several positions (and it happens with the even strength, power play, penalty kill, even strength and even the extra attackers) and one does not get slotted into any position.

Cheers

Schneides
Old 02-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #11
Richie Daggers Crime
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
I wish the bastard would just fill in the blanks rather than reshuffle everything. Since the drag and drop system is pretty terrible (time consuming, click-a-thon)
Agreed. Scratching one player for another is a pain right now. You have to drop the new player in each vacated spot. There really should be a "fill open slots" option that doesn't rearrange the entire lineup.
Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Mrkela
Bat Boy

Honestly I would prefer it if the defensive positions were like in EA's NHL games; OFD, DFD and TWD.
Mrkela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #13
dstone51
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela View Post
Honestly I would prefer it if the defensive positions were like in EA's NHL games; OFD, DFD and TWD.
Those aren't positions, those are defensemen types. Offensive, Defensive, Two-way.
dstone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #14
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstone51 View Post
Those aren't positions, those are defensemen types. Offensive, Defensive, Two-way.
You'd need to add the Islanders defense positions:
Open-Gate
Can't Shoot Straight
and
Hurry up and make it the the NHL, kid!
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #15
Mrkela
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstone51 View Post
I know but in EANHL there is no right or left defender. What's more important is the chemistry between the pair and if they are left/right.

LD/RD are important distinctions but I feel most defenders in the NHL can play on either side.
Mrkela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:33 AM   #16
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I know but in EANHL there is no right or left defender. What's more important is the chemistry between the pair and if they are left/right.

LD/RD are important distinctions but I feel most defenders in the NHL can play on either side.
I remember hearing Duncan Keith talking on Hockey Central at Noon once, saying that defense playing on their off side is harder to adjust for some.

It's more realistic this way, but you can change a defencemans position from left to right in the game. Somre are good at both and the game reflect that pretty well.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #17
julius
Minors (Single A)

I also have the issue of the assistant scheduling one player on more than one line (occasionally the same line). I also play a current NHL based league with the latest update. When I check the ATOI post-game, the multiple scheduled player does have an excessive number (e.g. 35 minutes for a forward), so the computer does attempt to implement this. I haven't found a common factor except that the players involved are usually young (early 20s) and typically have quite good potential. I have checked attributes, like stamina, but nothing jumps out.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #18
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
I also have the issue of the assistant scheduling one player on more than one line (occasionally the same line). I also play a current NHL based league with the latest update. When I check the ATOI post-game, the multiple scheduled player does have an excessive number (e.g. 35 minutes for a forward), so the computer does attempt to implement this. I haven't found a common factor except that the players involved are usually young (early 20s) and typically have quite good potential. I have checked attributes, like stamina, but nothing jumps out.
Could you please document such cases and report them to the bug report thread?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
Richie Daggers Crime
Bat Boy

Quote:

I think FHM does this better than EA for sure. The EA model is too simple. FHM has ability level attributes for each side. Some players are able to play more effectively on their off-side than others.

Also, the OFD/TWD/DFD thing isn't necessary in FHM. You have a ton of attributes all broken down into categories. Make your own determination on combos rather than having the game magically giving you some bogus "chemistry" number as you change lineups.
Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote