Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

NHL to Juniors

I have played EHM since the freeware version and surprisingly i could never get into managing a junior league team (i know the freeware did not have the option lol). Mainly because i don't understand all the roster rules overage/ foreign players etc. Is there a place i can get a good overview of how exactly the junior leagues work and differ from the NHL? I feel really stupid asking this considering how much time i spend looking at stats for the CHL. lol

Edit: Also what do you consider top end and low end ratings for junior players?

Last edited by Bruins86; 01-24-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
dstone51
Minors (Rookie Ball)

3 overagers (20 years old), 2 imports (Americans don't count as imports) and I'm not sure if it's included in the game, but players selected in the bantam draft can only play a maximum of 5 games the following season unless granted exceptional status. As far as top end and low end ratings, it would appear that top end is 7.5-8.0 well bottom end is 5.0-5.5.

Also, do yourself a favour and do not take a team in the WHL. It needs some serious rating changes for more than a few teams and there's no protected list players at all beyond who's on your team roster for the few teams I looked at. (Lethbridge favourites to win the league? Whaaaaa.....?!?)
dstone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #3
RamMan12
Major Leagues

The way I honestly learned about the CHL and the rules was by diving in and playing. In EHM 07, I knew about the Lewiston MAINEiacs (I'm from Maine) so I started a league controlling them and learned as much as I could. In EHM I have played in all 3 junior leagues to get a feel for things and since then I've been comfortable with the rules.

The best way to learn a language is by immersing yourself in the language and culture and it's the same with hockey and its leagues. Just jump right in and you'll learn really fast.
RamMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:42 AM   #4
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

In FHM you can see a page that has league rules for all the playable leagues in the game. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for, no?
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
In FHM you can see a page that has league rules for all the playable leagues in the game. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for, no?
Actually right after i wrote the question i remembered that screen, i kinda felt like an idiot because i forgot about it. lol
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:26 AM   #6
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

A great junior player is pretty much 6.5/anything

I sim a great deal in juniors but monitor my lines and stats all season. I really just want to get through and watch my players develop, as well as track their careers into the NHL.

Draft and replenish your roster constantly.
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #7
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

each Junior League is different... WHL u draft players at age of 14 and then they have to spend the following season in midget.... and then can play whl games at 16 where u can only have a max at 2 16 yr olds in ur line up... When i played ehm 07 for qmjhl and OHL u could play as many 16 yr olds in ur line up as u wanted not sure what its like for FHM...

Next Rule... Imports... You can only have 2 european players on ur line up at once... If u acquire or sign one in the import draft u have to release one before u can sign ur new one... IN whl, ohl or qmjhl you can only have 3 20 yr olds at once u cant sign any 20 yr olds until you sign u release those players...

The Major Junior drafts are 15 rounds.... I know in WHL u can trade 1st round picks but in OHL/QMJHL u cant... If you have a import or a non import aka canadian or american that makes world juniors you can not dress them while they are at world juniors or a import player if they are playing in the world Juniors division 1 which is the world juniors for the teams that dont make the main world juniors tournament... If a player is invited to a NHL camp after they are drafted u can not dress them either however if a NHL team signs your top player and he is 18-19 yr olds there is a 50/50 chance the nhl team might send them down bc they cant send the player down to AHL unless they are 20 yr old so its either Major Juniors or NHL... I think thats pretty much the only difference... Ohh btw for Major Juniors they have the playoffs march 18th to end of april beginning of may ish and then they have the memorial cup around the 20th of may

I hope this covers it anyone else can add if i might have forgotten anything..
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

If you make the Memorial Cup, you'll have to access the tournament standings from the league standings page "CHL Playoffs" tab, I think. It's never intuitive or obvious...
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote