Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Historical League Fictional Players?

If I start a historical league in 1900, delete all players and fill the league with fictional players will I then get historical rookies as the league progresses?
I want to start in 1900, have MLB progress as it did but with fictional players. Is a historical league a good way to do this?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Historical is the way to do it.

You just want to do 3 things--

1) Don't just clear the rosters. That will send everyone to the free agent pool. So, after you clear the rosters, go to free agents, mass select them and delete them all.

2) Then, hit the button to fill the league with fictious players. For every minor league that you have, you also have to do the same thing there.

3) In the historical tab in league setup, make sure that import historical rookies is not checked.

4) Make sure that automatically expand the league is checked.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Thank you, love the help on these boards.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #4
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I'm glad to help.

It really was your lucky day that you posted this today and not yesterday.

I have been spending the past few days trying to figure out how I can create a league that is both a random debut league plus a historical league. Tonight, I finally it all out. What I figured out today could also very easily be adapted to what you want to do.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

So I went through the steps last night. Everything seemed well. I filled all of the rosters with fictional players and then did a quick run through every team.
I did all of this in commissioner mode (I have 2 manager accounts, a commissioner and a St Louis Cards manager). The Cardinals did not receive an ML roster of players, all other teams did and all minor league teams received full rosters. No players for the ML Cardinals.

I am just going to try the whole thing over again, does anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
So I went through the steps last night. Everything seemed well. I filled all of the rosters with fictional players and then did a quick run through every team.
I did all of this in commissioner mode (I have 2 manager accounts, a commissioner and a St Louis Cards manager). The Cardinals did not receive an ML roster of players, all other teams did and all minor league teams received full rosters. No players for the ML Cardinals.

I am just going to try the whole thing over again, does anyone have any ideas?
Are you in the preseason still? You could simply select release all players and schedule an inaugural draft and solve your problem.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I don't know what caused the problem with the Cardinals, but I know how to fix it. Go to the transactions page, click on action and then fill team with fictional players.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Are you in the preseason still? You could simply select release all players and schedule an inaugural draft and solve your problem.
I am in the preseason. No dates simmed yet. This will only release the ML players, right?
Old 08-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am in the preseason. No dates simmed yet. This will only release the ML players, right?
No, it will release everyone and schedule a draft.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:14 AM   #11
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

1st round of draft commencing, saved as QS, looks like everything works.
Thanks for the hand.

Is saving as a QS better than a template?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is saving as a QS better than a template?
I think so. Saving as a QS makes it real easy to just create a new league from that QS.

I believe that, if you save it as a template, first you have to go through the time of creating the new league and then, after going through the formalities of that, you then have to import the template. So, the QS is the faster, more efficient way to do it.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
I think so. Saving as a QS makes it real easy to just create a new league from that QS.

I believe that, if you save it as a template, first you have to go through the time of creating the new league and then, after going through the formalities of that, you then have to import the template. So, the QS is the faster, more efficient way to do it.
Not much difference in a template and a QS. If you save it as a template all the teams will still be there and so will the players in some leagues depending when you save it as a template. Usually a template will not have logos and jerseys.
I save most of my leagues as a template and a QS each year. but my league is over 700MB and saving it as a template is easier then a QS.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #14
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I have made it through year one and I am running into some problems. I started in 1901 and I am in 1902.

Settings
Scouting- Off
Overall rating based on AI eval- Unchecked
Ratings based on all players- selected

I did not mess with any modifiers, talent or creation. I did move the draft from November to June.
I did not change financials and selected to auto import financials and league strategy. I am assuming this will adjust league totals.

1) Player Payroll and Team Budget are really far apart. Most team’s payrolls are about 10% of their budget. This only concerns me, it does not
mean anything to me at this point other than being really out of whack.

2) Game Date: Feb 23 1902,
All teams except mine are 30k in the hole. Either they are $30,120 or $30,610. All teams are one of these two numbers. Media contracts are not in the money yet.
Every team has exactly $2,100 in cash. The owners colluded and withdrew from team funds the exact amount each team would need withdrawn to reach $2,100. Weird.
The initial set up has no media contract money so teams have been raided by their owners, cannot sign FAs and do not get a lump sum in the offseason or at the start of the season.

This and #3 are my main concerns. I have read about this in modern leagues but must have missed it in fictional/historical. Should I add media contracts or will the owners just withdraw it and I will be in the same spot next year.

3) Did the draft AI eat paint chips as a child? This is the report on Feb 23rd 1902. I held an inaugural draft and the amateur draft in June. I do not remember my pick in the inaugural, it may have been 1st... or second. I was about 8th in the amateur. Both were straight drafts.
It looks like the AI values pitching so much higher than position players that it selects 20/20 pitchers over significantly better position players.

If any screenshots will help let me know.
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

How did this league work out for you?

I'm attempting to set up the same thing right now.

Any other major issues you ran into?
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote