Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #61
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyllyx View Post
I won't say V1.0 is unplayable, because it IS playable (just remember to save early and often). But it's extremely rough around the edges and there is a long, long way to go before it's even at EHM levels.

Having said that, OOTP Baseball took about 12 versions before it got to the world-beater that it is today. So I'm more than willing to give the developers of FHM some time to groom it. Even broken, it's a lot of fun.

I do hope, though, that for the first few "full" versions of the game that we who paid in beta (both in money and time spent dancing around bugs) to support the game will get significant discounts for the new versions...
Yes PLEASE remember to choose daily saves... it shortens the total time of the load and save ,believe it or not, and you wont lose as much if it does crash!

I think they should create a tagline instead that says instead of double A minors, It should say Original FHM Beta Player... Years from now when FHM is getting the kudo's it will deserve - every time you post it will be there for everyone to see... The grizzled battle-scarred veteran!

Last edited by moore4807; 09-05-2013 at 08:21 PM.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #62
Melker
Bat Boy

Max Foreign Players in Sweden

Max Foreign Players in Sweden is 6 in the games. Thats not right! There is no max number. Can i change it my self?
Melker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #63
Vikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melker View Post
Max Foreign Players in Sweden is 6 in the games. Thats not right! There is no max number. Can i change it my self?
It's a temporary fix, due to the league getting overcrowded with foreign players.
Not sure how high on the priority list it is, but it'll get fixed eventually.
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #64
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I think they should create a tagline instead that says instead of double A minors, It should say Original FHM Beta Player... Years from now when FHM is getting the kudo's it will deserve - every time you post it will be there for everyone to see... The grizzled battle-scarred veteran!
I agree with this, not only because of Moore4807's incredibly awesome avatar of a picture of my next ex-girlfriend.

Beta testers will hopefully be given a break in the future. I don't want it to take 12 tries to get it all nailed down, but there are a dedicated bunch of people who are not whining, but trying to help get this game to be the best. Those people deserve a bit of recognition and thanks.

Having said that, you know that because it's an OOTP product, it's going to get there.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #65
Zyllyx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statsman1 View Post
Having said that, you know that because it's an OOTP product, it's going to get there.
#NailedIt
Zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #66
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacIsaacM View Post
It is so... so... slow.

I can wait for everything else to be fixed as we go, but it literally takes 60+ seconds every time I need to load a new screen (for example, looking at a free agent, and then hitting back to go back to the list of free agents).

That, for me, makes it unplayable. I'd need countless hours just to look at free agents.
The free agent screen is torture. There are way too many players in there with no filter of any sort besides by position. This must be fixed (eventually) for the first version. On top of that can you make it so when we sort in FA and open up a player, then click the back button we do not have to sort it all over again. It would be nice for the game to keep that somehow.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #67
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've said this before, and will say it again. Give it a year or two and this will be the best game ever made.
thebusbybriddon is offline   Reply With Quote