Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Garethw87

Rival leagues (League Evolution)

This might not be so popular but I'd like to see something like..

So I am playing along on my MLB Quickstart and in the news I see that the 'Generic Baseball League' is starting up across the Country to rival the MLB and take the players! (like the WHA in hockey and such)

Then the league comes, everything goes on, and it could either be successfull and you end up pitting MLB V Generic league for the playoffs or it dies out in a few years and is forgotten about
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
ussoldier2002
Minors (Single A)

Cool idea. I most likely would not use it but you never know. Would be an interesting challenge and may appeal to me later. Would be kind of neat to try. See how well you do as comish and see if you can stay on top. Not a bad idea at all.
ussoldier2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
This might not be so popular but I'd like to see something like..

So I am playing along on my MLB Quickstart and in the news I see that the 'Generic Baseball League' is starting up across the Country to rival the MLB and take the players! (like the WHA in hockey and such)

Then the league comes, everything goes on, and it could either be successfull and you end up pitting MLB V Generic league for the playoffs or it dies out in a few years and is forgotten about
Love this idea. I use this in both my main leagues. ABF, the ML started in 2000. In 2005 the rival American League comes in putting teams in the 4 major cities of the ABF, NY, Chicago, LA, & Houston along with each of the next 8 largest cities that the 16 team ABF is not in. I have never gotten too far in the league but I plan on adding the AL to the ABF as the AL and the existing ABF teams become the National League in 2010 or 2012.
In my other league I start with 1999 MLB in 2003 my 1st fictional league comes in. They sign some over the hill former MLers. in 2015 they trade for the best player in MLB history Wilbur Duggleby which helps legitimize the new league. In the following 13 season this new league overtakes MLB as the dominant league. There is another league that also overtakes MLB but is behind the 1st league by just a bit. Would love to incorporate this into the game easier.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

In my grandiose vision for what ultimately is possible for 'dynamic' worlds via league evolution, the appearance of rival leagues is definitely one of the possibilities. (Or the user could elect on their own to inject a new league, then sit back and watch the repercussions of the new league ripple through their baseball universe.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #5
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

Love the idea, it would be great, and if it were able to be implimented, could it not be taken further and allow the leagues that did exist to come and go/stay, if they were able too. Union Association, Players League, American Association, Federal League could all be used from the start for those that might want to duplicate the actual world as it was. Could be used to incorporate the foreign leagues as well, Japan/Cuba/Taiwan and so on. This could lead to lots of possiblities and make it that much easier to incorporate exactly what you want when you want it.

Maybe a modder can do just this in an alternate universe style mod that adds these things, not sure it could be done that way.

Great idea, awesome, hope we see it sooner than later
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfsutton View Post
Love the idea, it would be great, and if it were able to be implimented, could it not be taken further and allow the leagues that did exist to come and go/stay, if they were able too. Union Association, Players League, American Association, Federal League could all be used from the start for those that might want to duplicate the actual world as it was. Could be used to incorporate the foreign leagues as well, Japan/Cuba/Taiwan and so on. This could lead to lots of possiblities and make it that much easier to incorporate exactly what you want when you want it.

Maybe a modder can do just this in an alternate universe style mod that adds these things, not sure it could be done that way.

Great idea, awesome, hope we see it sooner than later
Yeah that would be nice too, having the leagues there and they carry on instead of failing, seeing how the world could have been!

Nice to see the support for the idea - we just need Marcus to check it and back us up now
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

I have a few times started a league just like that. Fantasy League, Real teams and players. Instead of deleting the team forever, I would wait till the league term ended, then add in the teams that were once part of it and continue it from there. Yes, it did screw with the team history a bit, but it was cool. Got to the 1901 season and got tired of it so started over, but it was a lot of work. Deleting teams when they left a league, expansion draft for the new teams, moving them around, it was fun to see tho as it was interesting where players were, where they might have ended up and how many stars didnt stay in the 'regular' major league team.

Did not allow the leagues to auto evolve until the league ran its course in real life. Meaning that the National Association was edited by me until 1875 or so, then, when the National League came in, moved the teams that belonged in the NL, added back the teams that were in the NA and enabled auto league evolution, allowing trading and shared free agents. When there were free agents (mostly from releasing players in season and exiting of old teams.)

It is a lot of work, and it is fun but a system to do this automatically would be awesome. Maybe it could allow you to set requirements for leagues to stay afloat, maybe financial or maybe attendance or some other idea to keep it different every year.

I wouldnt even say it had to be "historically' correct. It would be a fantasy style league all the way.

Just some additional ideas
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote