Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #21
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
The more I look at this the sadder I become. I think they have a terrific UI by pretty much cloning FM and to a lesser extent EHM and OOTP.
I am in complete love with the fighter profiles, short lists, search function, filters etc.
If you are up and coming there is no shame in stealing the UI straight from FM.

But 50% of Kickstarter funding comes in the first 24 hours and the last 24 hours and they have not even broke £400 yet.

Is the market for boxing sims really this poor?
I didn't know that about kickstarter funding, that's pretty sad. I know the guys behind this have been in touch with gaming and boxing websites trying to get publicity but I think they are hitting a bit of a wall in that respect.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
AZZA
Major Leagues

Im right here

So Rob what do u want me to do ?????? looks fantastic did i read they need to get 300k together and they have got 400 quid??/
AZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZA View Post
So Rob what do u want me to do ?????? looks fantastic did i read they need to get 300k together and they have got 400 quid??/
Here's your chance to get involved Aaron
A new Boxing Manager game is being launched and will hopefully come out in 2014.
They are trying to get investment right now on Kickstarter. Link below:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/121 ... ?ref=email
This is like a boxing version of Football Manager.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #24
AZZA
Major Leagues

ok

i will try to make contact this week
AZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #25
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The more I look at this the sadder I become. I think they have a terrific UI by pretty much cloning FM and to a lesser extent EHM and OOTP.
I am in complete love with the fighter profiles, short lists, search function, filters etc.

But 50% of Kickstarter funding comes in the first 24 hours and the last 24 hours and they have not even broke £400 yet.

I posted the above on the Sports Interactive (SI) forums as I agreed with the sentiment and Neil Brock, who works for SI, posted the following reply which I found quite interesting and thought I would share:

"Some Kickstarter projects only work because they're heavily pushed by Kickstarter themselves, or they get a bit lucky with marketing/who promotes it. A lot of stuff just falls by the wayside.

Also without 3D I'd say you're pitching a project at a niche market which is made even smaller by the lack of animations/graphics etc. Not that I don't think it could work without 3D, I'd just say it wouldn't appeal to the masses or those who may be interested but only have a vague interest in boxing. "
Old 04-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #26
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

interesting project but as of right now 25 backers 585 (whatever you call it over there) out of 300,000 and 27 days to go not likely....

anyway as for the 3d North America wants EYE Candy if they have to sit and think for longer than 45 seconds they will not mess with it. Which is partially the reason why this game never took off or EHM died a massive and painful slow death....

I would like to see some updates bout 2.6 here though.......
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #27
POETICDRINK2U
Minors (Double A)

We/they still have time they just have to push the game harder. They need to get boxers to back it. Time will tell. I'm really hoping this game takes off. It could open doors.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #28
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

The guys behind this have told me on Twitter that they have found Kickstarter to be a good learning experience, they plan on taking a much smaller approach, make the game smaller and then relaunch another Kickstarter campaign with a new website and forum, build a community up and make the first release less ambitious and work towards a great game year by year.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #29
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
I have this boxing game (World of Boxing) and Richard Hanna is the programmer only, the designer is Terry Goodchild. Not knocking Richard, he is an excellent programmer but if he was able to revise games like Headed Goal within a 2 month period it is helped by the fact that he has one of the best sports games designers like Terry helping and guiding him. Just want to give Terry his credit for the design of games like World of Boxing and Headed Goal, both of which were computer versions of board games also designed by Terry.
I emailed Richard some time ago (maybe 2 years ago) and asked if he planned an updated version of World of Boxing and sadly the answer was no.
Maybe you should see what Richard actually did with HG three years ago. It really doesn't seem very different from what they've been putzing around with for God knows how long concerning TBCB 2.6.

And, I know a little about the HG upgrade since I playtested, made design suggestions, and researched for the revision (I even recieved billing in the game credits for design, research, and playtesting ).

Terry certainly played a role three years ago, but it was rather peripheral. Essentially Richard was doing the bulk of work. I should know; I was in direct contact with him throughout the process of the revision.

Richard upgraded the graphics, released some additional ratings, and "rearranged the furniture" to make the game more user friendly.

Are they promising us any more with TBCB 2.6?

Last edited by professordp; 04-13-2013 at 09:23 AM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #30
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Perhaps you need to realise that TBCB 2.6 is primarily to get the game using PISD code and a PISD engine. Once that happens then my understanding is that the game will be a lot easier to work on. You are not comparing similar projects.

Last edited by Rob Morris; 04-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Perhaps you need to realise that TBCB 2.6 is primarily to get the game using PISD code and a PISD engine. Once that happens then my understanding is that the game will be a lot easier to work on. You are not comparing similar projects.
Well that's certainly a backward step from the Terry Goodchild claim you made earlier...isn't it. So now it's the "you don't undertand" song.

Give me a break! Next you'll be telling me Trunzo is doing a boxing game with APBA.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #32
Lee
Global Moderator

If it is any consolation career earnings are now tracking in the latest beta on the fighter history screen......If you hold fight cards.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #33
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post
Well that's certainly a backward step from the Terry Goodchild claim you made earlier...isn't it. So now it's the "you don't undertand" song.

Give me a break! Next you'll be telling me Trunzo is doing a boxing game with APBA.
Not really because i don't know anything that you claimed about Terry is actually true.

Jim Trunzo told me on Facebook that he was doing a game with APBA and that is all I passed on, something that may have been of interest to others.

Not quite sure why you have a problem with me, I try and be polite on forums but I've added you to my ignore list and leave you to it.

Last edited by Rob Morris; 04-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #34
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
If it is any consolation career earnings are now tracking in the latest beta on the fighter history screen......If you hold fight cards.
it would be nice if this could be added to the stats section and sortable ...

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #35
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Bros View Post
it would be nice if this could be added to the stats section and sortable ...
Not to that point, but in the fighters list screen you can add it and it is sortable that way
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #36
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
I posted the above on the Sports Interactive (SI) forums as I agreed with the sentiment and Neil Brock, who works for SI, posted the following reply which I found quite interesting and thought I would share:

"Some Kickstarter projects only work because they're heavily pushed by Kickstarter themselves, or they get a bit lucky with marketing/who promotes it. A lot of stuff just falls by the wayside.

Also without 3D I'd say you're pitching a project at a niche market which is made even smaller by the lack of animations/graphics etc. Not that I don't think it could work without 3D, I'd just say it wouldn't appeal to the masses or those who may be interested but only have a vague interest in boxing. "
Can you link me to the thread over at SI? I have spent two days trying to find it in vain.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #37
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Can you link me to the thread over at SI? I have spent two days trying to find it in vain.
Certainly. It's at http://community.sigames.com/showthr...g-Manager-game

Last edited by Rob Morris; 04-16-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #38
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Certainly. It's at Sports Interactive Community
Thank you good sir
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #39
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thank you good sir
You're welcome mate. Paul (pisdpaul) is now aware of this thread and has posted in there publicising TBCB so it's all good.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #40
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:

If you like that look, then create a skin for TB2013 that looks like it. Remember OOTP, FMH, FML and TB2013 all use the PISD skining controls. I beleive a beta tester is currently playing with the skinning controls. I personally have used them to create a retro 2.5(ish) skin. If you want to get really complex you can move and resize the buttons on the screen.

I look forward to see what all of you make with the skining controls.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote