Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #101
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelka View Post
CSKA doesn't have the budget, but the Gazprom owned SKA certainly does. I could see them being a borderline 8th seed or around 9 or 10 on the table depending on the conference. Certainly not cup contenders and probably out in the first round if they make it.
Well CSKA is now funded by Rosneft.. so they have abit more. They really need to modernise their arena though, It's a shame to seem them with so few people at the game. Also Omsk have some rich people behind them. But I see your point SKA are probably the better team for the last few years. Again it's a shame they can't keep it in the playoffs
Old 12-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #102
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

KHL has announced the last 7 teams for its first season(30 teams overall),

Dallas-Fort Worth Spurs
Tucson Mavericks
Denver Bears
Colorado Gold Miners
Utah Grizzlies
Carolina Cougars
Fort Worth Wings
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #103
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Well CSKA is now funded by Rosneft.. so they have abit more. They really need to modernise their arena though, It's a shame to seem them with so few people at the game. Also Omsk have some rich people behind them. But I see your point SKA are probably the better team for the last few years. Again it's a shame they can't keep it in the playoffs
If a Russian team were to come to the NHL, alot of russians would want to play for that team so they'd be able to replace some of their weaker players with better ones. It would almost as interesting to see playout as the nhlpa dissolving.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #104
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
KHL has announced the last 7 teams for its first season(30 teams overall),

Dallas-Fort Worth Spurs
Tucson Mavericks
Denver Bears
Colorado Gold Miners
Utah Grizzlies
Carolina Cougars
Fort Worth Wings
This would make for some brutal road stints. Not sure I'd want to be travelling around in a 30 year old Yak on one of those extended trips!
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #105
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkoguy82 View Post
This would make for some brutal road stints. Not sure I'd want to be travelling around in a 30 year old Yak on one of those extended trips!
Dallas-Fort Worth Spurs and Fort Worth Wings will be fighting for home dates in Fort Worth which makes scheduling neutral site games even more logical.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #106
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Yet another new hockey league wants to grab the spotlight on another slow news day. The Global Hockey League has announced its formation with a 24 team league. The teams:
New York Skyliners
Philadelphia Stars
Boston Breakers
New England Shamrocks
Rhode Island Oceaneers
Providence Pirates
Denver Rockets
Miami Sharks
Fort Lauderdale Flames
Chicago Mustangs
Baltimore Bullets
Washington Diplomats
New Jersey Titans
Detroit Lightning
Syracuse Federals
Rochester Lancers
Greensboro Gladiators
Long Island Cougars
Buffalo Braves
Toronto Huskies
Los Angeles Jets
San Francisco Saints
Oakland Clippers
Portland Beavers
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #107
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Will KHL (I mean the real one in the game) use trading system like NHL or transfers? Since KHL has draft too and you can trade player rights I would expect the first option.
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #108
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Will KHL (I mean the real one in the game) use trading system like NHL or transfers? Since KHL has draft too and you can trade player rights I would expect the first option.
There are still alot of unanswered questions. Will the AHL be solely a minor league for the NHL or because since everything will be editable ,players from other leagues,including KHL (North America)?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #109
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
You will be able either to trade and to buy/sell players.
Alessandro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #110
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Excellent, thanks for the answer.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #111
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
I thought Sebastian said that trades would only be permitted with teams within their own leagues. There would be no trading between leagues. Forgot what thread has the answer to that question. Someone else was complaining about it too mentioning that there is trading between teams in Europe.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #112
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought Sebastian said that trades would only be permitted with teams within their own leagues. There would be no trading between leagues. Forgot what thread has the answer to that question. Someone else was complaining about it too mentioning that there is trading between teams in Europe.
My question was about trading in KHL not between leagues.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #113
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
That's not quite correct - transfers are possible between leagues/nations in game.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #114
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
That's not quite correct - transfers are possible between leagues/nations in game.
There is a thread-Transactions? down the first page. Mentioned by another member that the answer was no-no trades between leagues. What thread has Sebastian saying-yes there are trades/transfers allowed between leagues? Another member in one thread said there was real life transfers between leagues and I don't think that never got a response .

Last edited by Orioles1966; 01-04-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #115
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Ok, I think there is trouble in the wording so let me clarify:

Trades = two teams from one league exchanging player/rights/draft picks/money. The player contracts will not change. Only possible for teams in one league.

Transfers = one team makes an offer to another team (from the same or any other league) to buy a player from them (only money). If they accept you have two weeks to get a contract done with the player. If successful you pay the money to the old team, you get the player and he gets the new contract.

Then you have all the exceptions like NHL teams can only sign player from outside if they have rights ...
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #116
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Ok, I think there is trouble in the wording so let me clarify:

Trades = two teams from one league exchanging player/rights/draft picks/money. The player contracts will not change. Only possible for teams in one league.

Transfers = one team makes an offer to another team (from the same or any other league) to buy a player from them (only money). If they accept you have two weeks to get a contract done with the player. If successful you pay the money to the old team, you get the player and he gets the new contract.

Then you have all the exceptions like NHL teams can only sign player from outside if they have rights ...
Thanks. Will you be able (with the editor) move a player from his team too any other team w/o contracts or money involved?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #117
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
There is a thread-Transactions? down the first page. Mentioned by another member that the answer was no-no trades between leagues. What thread has Sebastian saying-yes there are trades/transfers allowed between leagues? Another member in one thread said there was real life transfers between leagues and I don't think that never got a response .
As Sebastian said, I was referring to transfers. The information was based on me trying it out first hand using the latest beta.

Quote:
Thanks. Will you be able (with the editor) move a player from his team too any other team w/o contracts or money involved?
Yes.

Last edited by archibalduk; 01-04-2013 at 09:03 AM.
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #118
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
As Sebastian said, I was referring to transfers. The information was based on me trying it out first hand using the latest beta.

Yes.
Is it true there won't be a time machine for the first version of FHM? You won't be able to bring the Sabre's French Connection(Martin,Robert,Perreault) from the past and put them on today's Sabres team? However,I guess with the editor,you can keep making the French Connection younger and if you play your cards right-they still should be in the league 40 yrs later?