Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #581
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
1. Yes and no. We are OOTP Developments and even if FHM is not OOTP (not even the same Framework used) we wanted to catch the Look & Feel of OOTP. But we did not blindly ported every feature from OOTP, that makes no sense. So you will of course see influences from other great games like FM (maybe my most favorite game ever, sorry Markus ) and EHM. But FHM will have his own character.

2. Normally I don't answer questions like this (to avoid bad blood later) but we have a very dedicated Swedish Researcher and both leagues are already playable in our early beta build.

3. We don't have a release date set in stone, we go for late December/Early January. With a development team of 2 persons something can go wrong pretty fast but so far I think we are on a good way.
Okey, thanks for the answer! Looking forward to this game
Will a beta-version be playable soon?
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #582
simboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow, can't wait for this game!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #583
Sports1131
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can you confirm that the ability to export/import rosters via a text file will be available in this game like it is in OOTP?

This is a much-needed feature for a community league I'm involved with that is hoping to switch to FHM when it is released. More specifically, we want to be able to modify player attributes on a regular basis during a season with this feature.
Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #584
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Can you confirm that the ability to export/import rosters via a text file will be available in this game like it is in OOTP?

This is a much-needed feature for a community league I'm involved with that is hoping to switch to FHM when it is released. More specifically, we want to be able to modify player attributes on a regular basis during a season with this feature.
i second this question!
fireholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #585
tran
Minors (Single A)

I fully plan on buying this.

But I do have questions:

1) What kind of testing is being done on player regeneration, which was the fatal flaw of EHM 07 and 05?

2) Is it possible to have online playable EHM Leagues -- that can go on in perpetuity?
tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #586
Alfahannen
Bat Boy

Sweet! Didn't know about this project 'til like last night! Been wishing for a new serious hockey sim game since EHM 07. Buying the baseball game until you release this one!
Alfahannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #587
baggie
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran View Post
1) What kind of testing is being done on player regeneration, which was the fatal flaw of EHM 07 and 05?
How was it fatal? Sure, I think it had it's flaws and inconsistencies, but overall it was fine and was not "fatal" at all (in 07 atleast). Perhaps AI scouting was more so, as you were often able to pick the best talent in the later rounds (or late first) with minimal scouting by just looking at the attributes, but that's how it sometimes works in real life too I guess.

Excited to see how FHM handles this part of the game. Atleast to me this is one of the most important features as I usually play for decades.

Last edited by baggie; 11-29-2012 at 10:55 PM.
baggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 AM   #588
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I more-or-less agree with Tran; the player regeneration was a pretty significant flaw. I wouldn't say that it's a fatal flaw because a lot of us are still playing and maintaining the game six years on from its release.

FHM uses what is being termed a "newgen" system rather than a "regen" system (but note that my summary below uses the term "regen" because I wrote it before I'd heard of the term "newgen"). Here is some information I gathered from Sebastian and Malte's public posts:

- The regen system will be very different to EHM. For each player that retires, the game will generate a new player. The only information that the game takes from the retired player is his position and his first nationality.
- When generating a regen player, the game will assign a quality (i.e. level of skill / potential) based upon nationality and not based upon the retired player's skill. For example, a player is more likely to be of good quality from Sweden than from Great Britain. Each nation has its own quality rating.
- Regen players will also be assigned a type based on their nationality and position (e.g. new players from Russia will more likely be technical types).
- The regen player's ratings will then be generated based on the assigned quality, position and type.
- As regens are based upon the nationality of retired players, the proportion of different nationalities in the game will remain constant.
- The name of a regen depends upon regions and ethnicities - not just his first and second nationality.

There might possibly be some further snippets of information here: Player regens / newgens • EHM The Blue Line
Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #589
Stat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
I more-or-less agree with Tran; the player regeneration was a pretty significant flaw. I wouldn't say that it's a fatal flaw because a lot of us are still playing and maintaining the game six years on from its release.

FHM uses what is being termed a "newgen" system rather than a "regen" system (but note that my summary below uses the term "regen" because I wrote it before I'd heard of the term "newgen"). Here is some information I gathered from Sebastian and Malte's public posts:

- The regen system will be very different to EHM. For each player that retires, the game will generate a new player. The only information that the game takes from the retired player is his position and his first nationality.
- When generating a regen player, the game will assign a quality (i.e. level of skill / potential) based upon nationality and not based upon the retired player's skill. For example, a player is more likely to be of good quality from Sweden than from Great Britain. Each nation has its own quality rating.
- Regen players will also be assigned a type based on their nationality and position (e.g. new players from Russia will more likely be technical types).
- The regen player's ratings will then be generated based on the assigned quality, position and type.
- As regens are based upon the nationality of retired players, the proportion of different nationalities in the game will remain constant.
- The name of a regen depends upon regions and ethnicities - not just his first and second nationality.

There might possibly be some further snippets of information here: Player regens / newgens • EHM The Blue Line
That's awesome (and to be honest, the right way to do things as oppose to static regens). The level of randomness is a good thing. That way if I play two franchises in two universes, they don't feel the same. The one thing I do worry about are things like Canada who while have the highest amount of quality players also have weaker players as they have many players overall. But I trust the OOTP guys.

I know proportions will remain the same but will certain leagues have different proportions? I.e - 80% of players in the Swedish Elite League are Swedish but the NHL is different?

I know you aren't Sebastian or Malte and only are the compiler of information but maybe as a beta tester, you might be able to write a preview for the community?

PS. I really like your community at EHM: The Blue Line. I've been going to it on and off for many years.
Stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #590
JBob
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBob View Post
Could you tell us what nationalities and/or ethnicities are included?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's still a work in progress, it's probably going to change a lot as we go along. YZG's posts above generally have the right idea of what it's going to look like (e.g., splitting up the Swiss names by ethnicity), although the specific details differ.
Since we are closer to the release date, I wonder if you guys could let us know the answer to this question? Thanks!
JBob is offline   Reply With Quote