Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Online Leagues > Historical Leagues

Old 04-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Dugout Wizards - 70s Historical League, has 1 opening

Dugout Wizards has reached the 1977-78 offseason and in the move from OOTP 19 to 20, we lost a GM.

The Minnesota Twins are available. This is a team that can swing the lumber but is pitching poor. There are some quality prospects on the farm and a wheeler-dealer could probably turn this team into something within a season or two with some quality trades.

There's a quartet of hitters that most teams would love to have:
Greg Luzinski (.311-33-123), Chet Lemon (.307-30-125), Barry Bonnell (.327-21-84) and most of all, Sixto Lezcano (.341-40-109). On the farm are Dave Henderson, Harold Baines, Floyd Bannister, Ed Whitson and Jim Gott - all solid prospects.

Here's the HTML report for the Twins.

So there are pieces to build around.

As a league, Dugout Wizards has completed 14 seasons since starting with the 1964 campaign.

Sims cover one week of the season and are run weekday mornings, typically around 8 am ET.

We try to stay as close to historical rules as we can within OOTP's framework. We just wrapped up the World Series, a very tight seven-game affair won by the Pirates over the A's.

The majority of the original GMs remain in place and we have a very solid core of guys. You don't need to be an online league vet, this is an open and friendly group and we welcome anyone who wants to get in on the fun and be an addition to the league. We use Slack as our primary means of communication and have a forum that is mainly used for trade posts as a historical record.

If you're interested, you can check out the league's very basic rules here: http://simsportleagues.com/index.php...wizards-rules/

Feel free to PM me or reply here if you have interest or questions.

Thanks!

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #2
oldcatcher
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: Virginia, USA under a bridge in a van down by the river
FYI - the link to your rules says "Oops, that page can't be found."
Old 04-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Here's the rules page link:

http://simsportleagues.com/index.php...wizards-rules/
Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

That's what I get for using the post I made in the OOTP 19 Online League forum last year and just updating the team info - the link gets truncated.

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote