Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #221
joehart
All Star Starter

Your Titans may need to play Orcin more often.

He has been kind enough to give you 3 wins and even gave 3 wins to the Renton Warriors. I think he wants to have a close wild card race.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:37 PM   #222
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Since it was part of the goal to lead the league each year, I am usually more aggressive than I should be. I knew I was not going to win against the top teams but I could try to focus on an area that may be fun to watch. Strangely, the stealing and speed really helped take down some big whales. In a previous season, we won against Fargo (the top team in the universe) and another whale in the playoffs before losing in game 7 against the Yaks.
But there are games when it totally fails (the 100+ catcher arms).
I feel like Rickey Henderson belongs on your team. Not sure what his cards go for in the market, but he should captain any team called the Base Stealers.
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:39 PM   #223
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your Titans may need to play Orcin more often.

He has been kind enough to give you 3 wins and even gave 3 wins to the Renton Warriors. I think he wants to have a close wild card race.
I have really struggled with Renton this year. I thought I matched up well with them, but they have my number.

The Titans and Colonels have traded series all year. I am 6-4 against the Titans due to catching them when I was hot in late May.

My Jekyll and Hyde team is playing better lately, so I can't complain like yesterday. I still don't feel like I have them figured out though. Something is missing or not fitting correctly, but I can't put my finger on it. I am leaning toward defense as the issue. Some of my good defenders are having poor starts so maybe that will turn around soon.

It might help if I would stop shuffling players around the diamond and play a consistent lineup for a week or two. I am working on that but it is hard for me.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:51 PM   #224
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
I feel like Rickey Henderson belongs on your team. Not sure what his cards go for in the market, but he should captain any team called the Base Stealers.
I fully agree. I had his 97 card but he was getting caught 70-80% of the time despite good stats (90 stealing).
I checked the .db and he was equally bad for all other teams that owned this card.

There is also another 97 card but I have yet to see that one in the Auction House. That card has 104 stealing and he only gets caught ~20% of the time.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:55 PM   #225
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quite a 3 team battle in the AC East! Very different teams all within a game of each each other. Mighty Ducks winning with pitching (1st in RA, 11th in RS), Fighting Saints winning with hitting (15th in RA, 1st in RS), and the Base Stealers a balance of both (6th in RA and 6th in RS).

It's been a fun to watch. Look forward to seeing the second half battles!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:57 PM   #226
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I fully agree. I had his 97 card but he was getting caught 70-80% of the time despite good stats (90 stealing).
I checked the .db and he was equally bad for all other teams that owned this card.

There is also another 97 card but I have yet to see that one in the Auction House. That card has 104 stealing and he only gets caught ~20% of the time.
Interesting. It seems crazy that the Man of Steal diamond would be getting caught that much. Some cards are just headscratchers...
Old 02-13-2019, 11:57 PM   #227
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Saints are holding their own!
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #228
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
The thing about platoons is that they lower the sample sizes of your players, so yeah, it is more likely that you see unexpected results. But it's still a good idea to stick to your strategy based on the split ratings. Eventually in a large enough sample they will work out.

In his case with the talent on that roster it's not a big deal, I mean you're not gonna platoon Bonds & Ruth. But at minimum you would think the lineup should be shuffled a bit since some players are better vs lefties or righties.
I'd platoon Bonds if I had a 2003 Pujols with a 88 rating in LF.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #229
zrog2000
All Star Starter

My mediocre Durham Tattered Gloves swept the Seals, dammit.

Haven't been paying attention too much since I've come down with the plague.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #230
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quite a 3 team battle in the AC East! Very different teams all within a game of each each other. Mighty Ducks winning with pitching (1st in RA, 11th in RS), Fighting Saints winning with hitting (15th in RA, 1st in RS), and the Base Stealers a balance of both (6th in RA and 6th in RS).

It's been a fun to watch. Look forward to seeing the second half battles!
I was going to say you can’t win with a balanced team, but look at the Base Stealers. They do have a “gimmick” though.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #231
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Hello mates, Boy do I miss playing but I will Be Back Saturday watching my team. You guys are killing me. I look and see this is my worst hitting ever by more then 12 points. Now I don’t know since I have not been able to watch them if this is do to good pitching or slump hitting. Either way I could not adjust for it but if I can hold on for two more days I will be back watching and adjusting to slumps. I have to give people like NYY23 and Medici credit (Because I know they work ) for being able to write in a lineup for the day. I have done that for the last 3 days and I am having my worst hitting ever because of it. I change players but being only able to look at their stats I am guessing and I am guessing wrong. Lol. We got some good Division races going on here. All except mine because Medici is running away with it. Another interesting stat is only 2 teams are playing .600 ball or better. (That is my goal always each season.) The Breakers and Chicago are both doing a wonderful job of this so far. The Seals and Bobs Burgers are also close. I notice my buddy Orcin has his team in the Wild card spot. Good job my friend. 😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #232
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I just got GREAT news from the boss (My wife) our plans have changed to tomorrow so I will be able to play and talk all day until 3pm today when we have to get ready to go out. (Again) I know this makes you all so happy to get to hear my bull all day. It just feels good to be back in contact. Yikes I just notice I have a huge series going on with the Greenshirts right now followed by Bobs Burgers. I did not want to jump back into this mess this soon against very good teams. By the time I see what is happening I could be out of it. Jeez I see I also play the Colonels later and I never do good against that group. This could be a very long day. Good luck to everyone. (Who does not play me of course) I notice that this is the worst season ever for the GIMHAE Kings with batting average .245 and ERA 4.01. In fact the worst he has ever done before in era was 3.71. And he is still leading his Division by 5 and a half games playing at a .593 pace. Well done king. Well here we go, On to the second half of the season.😁
Old 02-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #233
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyflamingos View Post
Have no fear ... Renton Warriors just need to play me ... they took 2 of 3 from me ... and like some cruel joke .. im currently 5-0 against GIMHAE king ... taking down his pedro twice in the process

Makes sense though .. i normally dont eat breakfast

Phatpartie
Ypsilanti Angry Dragons
wow, Very nice. I don’t think I have ever beat Perfect Pedro. GREAT JOB.😁
Old 02-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #234
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Wow, Saints Randy Johnson (97) threw a no hitter against Anaheim last night.

Netting me 1500 points although my upgrades are so expensive at this point I'd need to throw about 50 of them this season to help a ton.
Lol, Ain’t that a bitch. 😁 Good job on the no no though , I have never had one or seen one.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #235
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post

ain't that the truth.... my boys in diamond have racked up 3205 points in 2 days.... at that rate, I might be able to afford a quality upgrade in a couple weeks
Lol, Yes nothing is cheap anymore. I think we all got a little greedy or something. 😨
Old 02-14-2019, 09:25 AM   #236
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow...finally back online and the Silver Pirates are ahead of Zorro?
In fact the Rocky Point Zorros are in 4th place.....did I miss something today?

Team sale?

At this rate I should sell this team to someone who knows what he doing. Lol. 😁
Old 02-14-2019, 09:27 AM   #237
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Make sure to throw in the Zorro-esque speech with every underperformer too. It usually works for him least.
Maybe that’s my problem? I might have to start yelling today. Depending on what I see. 😜
Old 02-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #238
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Also, I'd bet money that the Zorro's are not going to finish in 4th... Any takers?
Save your Money my friend, Good League, Good teams, Zorros worse hitting season EVER. If this keeps Up Zorro could finish last looking for food and shelter in a dumpster.😱
Old 02-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #239
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
) I notice that this is the worst season ever for the GIMHAE Kings with batting average .245 and ERA 4.01. In fact the worst he has ever done before in era was 3.71. And he is still leading his Division by 5 and a half games playing at a .593 pace.

The way I read your message, this league is a lot tougher than most of the other perfect leagues. If the team was shuffled into your division I would be surprised if he was pulling away. In fact, I bet he won’t take the championship. We really can’t have that happen again to us.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #240
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I was going to say you can’t win with a balanced team, but look at the Base Stealers. They do have a “gimmick” though.
They do. But Gimmicks can be finicky if not fully committed. The Base Stealers modified park may be hindering the team more with a .405 winning percentage at home in it. (Compared to .675 winning percentage when playing away from the homepark)