Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
arodtwlv
Bat Boy

Exclamation Really asesome find. HS players finally go to College!

I found something really interesting in my dynasty. I found a way to get non drafted high school players to go to college without me doing it manually. Of course in the World Beta Mod, Dr. P.R. Park III made it so the high school and college leagues were able to act like a feeder to the MLB.

I am playing with the World Beta mod. I deleted all but the Majors + Minors. I kept NCAA I, II and NCJAA. I also kept the National High School League along with the two international HS leagues.

I made a couple of changes with High School leagues. I added about 50-80 teams each for the states of Florida, Michigan, Texas, California and New York. All the teams are regional in each state.

So the really cool find was I was able to get undrafted High School players to join a college team, AUTOMATICALLY. In my universe I have about 9,000 players total in high school. Because of the large amount of these players, alot go undrafted in a 50 round draft. Now what gets interesting is that the HS players, instead of being deleted or retiring, now join a college team to continue their careers.

I have encountered some problems, but it's mostly just some tweaks needed. The major one is for some reason the High School to College thing doesn't happen right away in the dynasty. I've found that it takes around 10-15 in game years for it to start. I have really no clue why this happens, still trying to figure it out. Another thing is that due to a large amount of players, there are more with higher potential. It seems that the game engine determines potential by team, not league. Now it hasn't skewed any stats or anything like that, but the leauge is filled with higher rated (individual ratings) players.

Directions: I'm not entirely sure what exactly is need to make high school players automatically join a college team, but here's how I did it. The first thing is to make sure there are a very large amount of high school players. I would say make it so that (#HS players = # College players). Then the important thing is to make it so there are 50 draft rounds, but make there are 80+ generated rounds of players. There fore around 3,000 players at least go undrafted. Half will be high school on average and so they will join a college team rather than be deleted or retiring. I am basing these directions on that whoever's doing this knows the basics of setting up a college and high school league. I used the World Beta universe, deleted all the non American leagues (Kept NCAA DI, II, NJCAA, High School, Minors and Majors) and added around 250 high school teams (50 per 5 states in my case). This meant I had around 9,000 high school players (9,000 college) total. Age creation for HS: 14 years min, 14 years max. Roster age range was 14-17. College: 18 years min, 18 max. Roster age 18-21. This meant players would be created as "freshman" as progress through their league (hs/college). Eventually players in college were stop being created, and instead high school players joined the college team at age 18 because of roster age limit.

In general, I've found a way to make most (not all) undrafted High School players to join a college team automatically, instead of retiring or being deleted. Currently I have about a quarter (25%) of my college rosters filled with players that played in my high school league. I've had players that have played 4 years in high school, then another 4 in college before making it to the majors. For a stat junkie, this is very cool to me and if you have any questions please ask.

Last edited by arodtwlv; 05-27-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added information
arodtwlv is offline   Reply With Quote