Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #32901
Dto7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyintheHall View Post
Before moving on to other things...
Attached are: an isolated image of #1 from the 1907 Sox image above, ID'd as Railing (to be clear, the Wikipedia page IDs him as Railing, but the original image, floating around on the net and which I cannot find any longer, ID'd him as "?" in old handwriting on the reverse);
Next, an image of Hoey from Baseball Prospectus (previously misidentified by me as being from BR)
Then, an image of Hoey isolated from a team photo of the 1910 Waterbury, CT minor league team.
Finally, an image of Railing isolated from a 1907 Tecumseh photo (I've included one of his teammates who should be familiar to many people on this board).
I see a strong resemblance between the 1907 Sox and BR photos, and a resemblance between the Waterbury image and the other two - ears, mouth, nose, eyes/brows, hair.
While I see a fleeting similarity between the Sox image and Railing, Railing's mouth seems smaller relative to the nose, and his whole head has an elongated appearance, rather than the rounder look on the others.

What say you all?
Jack Hoey 1913
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Dto7; 11-28-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Dto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:33 AM   #32902
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Cap Swaps Are Pointless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech411 View Post
Attachment 590559 so if bryce harper goes to a new team its a cap swap
Trust me, when Harper signs with a new team he is going to do about 100 photo shoots. Why would we need to do a cap swap?
cinemaodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:18 AM   #32903
Dto7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyintheHall View Post
Found this group shot on Wikipedia's 1907 Boston Americans' Season page. The guy on the ground is identified as their trainer, Charlie Green.

From left to right -
1) Player is identified as "Railing", but there is no player named Railing in BR. I think he bears a resemblance to Sox player Jack Hoey, pictured at the bottom right below. Thoughts?
2) Identified as Killian, but there is no player in Sox history with that name. There was a Tiger pitcher named Ed Killian at that time, and there is a resemblance, and the Tigers were wearing black pants at the time. BUT - Killian was 5' 11", which would put him 2 inches taller than #3, who is Ralph Glaze, who checked in at 5'9". I think (Hope?) #2 might be Tex Pruiett - he had a cleft chin and was an inch shorter than Glaze (image of Pruiett below between the larger image and Hoey) .
3) Ralph Glaze
4) Unidentified - any assistance would be appreciated.
5) 'Nuf Ced McGreevey
6) Cy Young
7) Rube Kroh

Thanks for any assistance!
Not showing the 1st player. John Killian with the 1904 Burlington team
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Dto7; 11-28-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 AM   #32904
Dto7
All Star Reserve

Tex Pruiett 1907 Boston Americans

1907 Tex Pruiett in Boston Americans uniform
Attached Images
Old 12-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #32905
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Eddie Bacon 1917

Facepack upgrade, pictured with the 1915 Frankfort Old Taylors.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-06-2018, 12:42 AM   #32906
MorganMiller1926
Minors (Double A)

Don Padgett - Post-War Phillies.

Could someone please post a photo of catcher, Don Padgett, from when he was a Phillie, at the end of his career (1947 & 1948)?
Thanks!
MorganMiller1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:33 AM   #32907
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Don Padgett 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMiller1926 View Post
Could someone please post a photo of catcher, Don Padgett, from when he was a Phillie, at the end of his career (1947 & 1948)?
Thanks!

If you don't mind the crude watermark, here's Padgett with the Phillies.
Attached Images
Old 12-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #32908
MorganMiller1926
Minors (Double A)

Don Padgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaodyssey View Post
If you don't mind the crude watermark, here's Padgett with the Phillies.
No I don't mind at all - Thank you very much!
I had thought that Padgett was only some type of a career backup catcher/outfielder until recently until I got a chance to exam his career numbers more carefully. When I did I found out that he was anything but that. He might have been an all-star if World War Two hadn't intervened Padgett must have been one of the first major leaguers to volunteer for military service after the Pearl Harbor attack and he lost four full seasons (1942-1945) to the military service of his country. Padgett could really hit - batting .288 lifetime. He hit .314 in his rookie year of 1937 for the Cardinals, in the only season where he had enough at-bats to qualify for the batting title (also belting 10 home runs and driving 74 RBI) . He hit an amazing .399 in a semi-regular/platooning role for the Cardinals in 1939 (233 at-bats) and he even hit .316 in a backup role in 1947 as he neared the end of his career with the Phillies (158 at-bats).
Old 12-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #32909
MorganMiller1926
Minors (Double A)

Don Mueller - San Francisco giants.

Does anyone have any photos of Don Mueller in a San Francisco Giants uniform/ca?. I know he never played for San Francisco in the regular season in the Giants inaugural season on the West Coast, but I thought there might be photos of him from Spring training, 1958 with 'Frisco before he got dealt to the White Sox before the season started.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #32910
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
1888 Omaha Omahogs

I believe this exquisite team photo of the 1888 Omaha team belongs on this thread as all but 1 of the players depicted are Major Leaguers. Unfortunately no identifications were attached but cinemaodyssey embarked on the project to name all the players.

Identifications established are as follows :-

Top (l-r) :- Joe Miller, Jim Burns, John Doran, Tug Wilson, Pat O'Connell, Bill Annis

Middle :- Len Sowders, Bill Burdick, Frank Selee, Dan Shannon, Chippy McGarr

Bottom :- Ted Kennedy, Jocko Flynn, Jimmy Cooney, Tom Lovett, Dad Clarke

I received a copy of this photo from him with a request to assist in validating his identifications which I did independently of his deliberations. The outcome when we compared was we were in agreement in all but 3 instances, which were open to debate.

The first was Tug Wilson who he had 4th from left in the top row but I had 3rd from left. Examination of the player's hair line indicated his viewpoint to be correct.

The second was Jimmy Cooney who he had on the bottom row 3rd left but I had 4th from left in the top row. My initial viewpoint was based on an image I had of him with Omaha where he was not clean shaven. His viewpoint was based on images where he was clean shaven. Cinemaodyssey informs me that he grew his mustache during the season so a key factor would be was the photo taken early, pre-season of later in the season. A number of factors indicate that it was more likely taken early. So again I believe his viewpoint was correct as I believe the player looks more likely than my alternative.

The third was the identity of the final player in the team photo. He had it as John Doran located 3rd from left in the top row whereas I had it as Tom Nagle as the player in the bottom row 3rd from left. I had not considered Doran as he did not play in any games and was not a Major Leaguer. However, he informed that there had been a major exodus of Oshkosh players to the Omaha team and Doran was one of those. Examination of Doran's image in the 1887 Oshkosh team photo indicated an excellent match, so again his viewpoint was better.

If anybody has an alternate view in respect of these deliberations please let us know as it is understood that identifications are not a precise science. Equally if you support these identifications it would be nice to obtain further validation.

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 07-03-2019 at 04:46 AM.
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #32911
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Don Mueller - SF Giants

Not much of a photo, but it's all I could find of Mueller in a San Francisco uniform before being traded to the White Sox. It's from the Oakland Tribune; date noted with photo. Even the San Francisco Examiner pictured him in a NY Giants uniform when the trade was announced.
Attached Images
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #32912
cheech411
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
harold baines hofer ????

Name:  Harold_Baines.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  49.5 KB dwight evans same hitting stats plus evans has some gold gloves to boot !!!!!
Attached Images
cheech411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #32913
tomterrific41
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sandy Alomar Sr. as a Met (player not coach)

Trying to find an image of Sandy Sr. from his (brief) time playing for the Mets. Color or B&W.
tomterrific41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #32914
DeweyintheHall
All Star Reserve

Dwight Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech411 View Post
Attachment 592565 dwight evans same hitting stats plus evans has some gold gloves to boot !!!!!
Evans had a slightly better OPS, and a much better WAR than Baines, too. He also played 2 fewer seasons. Still waiting for Dewey to get the call.
DeweyintheHall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #32915
Cusick
Hall Of Famer

Sandy Alomar Sr. - Met Player

The photo on the left shows Sandy leap-frogging over Vada Pinson in a game against the Reds. This photo appeared in numerous papers on May 1, 1967. The photo on the right shows Sandy in the background watching a play in which the Mets' first baseman Ron Swoboda tags out the White Sox Walt Williams. The photo appeared in many newspapers on April 1, 1967, but most of the newspapers cropped the photo to leave out Alomar. This shot was from the Rocky Mount (NC) Telegram.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #32916
SDL
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomterrific41 View Post
Trying to find an image of Sandy Sr. from his (brief) time playing for the Mets. Color or B&W.
His '68 Topps card looks like a hatless Mets pic (note the blue pinstriping), so it's safe to assume that there are pics of him as a Met hidden in the Vault.

SDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #32917
SDL
Minors (Triple A)

Looking at tonight's Vault releases, I couldn't help but notice that Jerry Wechter has a hell of a resemblance to Elrod Hendricks....
SDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:55 AM   #32918
Dto7
All Star Reserve

Walt Meinert 1913

Here's a better photo of Walt Meinert as a member of the 1919 Decatur Staleys baseball team.
Attached Images
Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #32919
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Guy Lacy 1926

Existing facepack image, left, is a cartoon type image showing him with Cleveland. The Baseball Reference image is a low quality photograph. Find attached a higher quality image of Lacy some time after his Major League career with the Americus minor league team.

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 07-03-2019 at 04:46 AM.
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #32920
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Ernie Beam 1895

Facepack upgrade, pictured with the 1891 Green Bay team.
Attached Images
Image Image