Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #21
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

heres the father of tbcb

javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #22
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Talking Head to Head you say?

I hear they will have head to head just after Starcraft2 and DMB10 are released....another words WHEN IT IS READY
Old 09-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #23
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Yeah, I started out with Season Ticket Baseball 2003. Found it in a lil corner bargain video game store in the bargain bin in a crappy mall in Harrisburgh. Ahhhh, the humble beginning, it was lol.

I played STB2k3 for like 3 years. I kept reading stuff about this OOTP game. I was like "F that! I like this game too damn much" (AND paid only like 8 bucks for it too! )

Finally, i saw screenshots of this OOTP game. This OOTP 6. Was surprised to see that it looked exactly like STB. And the rest is history!
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
Vinny P.
Banned

hehehe, stickied!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #25
Goody
Hall Of Famer

Picked up Season Ticket Baseball in a store way back when. I'd already dabbled with PureSim and Mogul. STB blew me away. Wish I could remember exactly when and where I started my OOTP trek. Changed my life for good, I know that.
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #26
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg View Post
What would a baseball sim be without a basketball game mode?
Just ask Zack Greinke and "my" Milwaukee Brewers
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #27
Vinny P.
Banned

Question: I am starting an OOTP History league. It starts in the year 2000, with OOTP 2. Each season, I will upgrade to the next OOTP installment.

out of curiosity, and before I really delve into the project, how the hell is the lahman database supposed to be used? It can;t seem to open the thing. Would I have to place "quote" in where I have the path name with caps and spaces?

Like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\lahman58\lahman58.mdb

Or:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\lahman58\lahman58.mdb"

Or do I need to d/l an older DB in order to be compatible with OOTP 2?

Anyone know? I suppose if worst comes to worst, I could probably just use the default league, and maybe change the player names myself. I would most likely have to leave the names how they are, for I don;t think I would want to go through all 30 teams to do that....

Anyone who has any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:07 AM   #28
gaminto
Bat Boy

Cool

wow, great statistical depth, must have had a lot of spare time!
gaminto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:06 AM   #29
stevenest
Bat Boy

That German guy was great and thought exactly about the game and first time i got know about the history information it was great.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #30
flanyboy5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
OOTP 2 was the first version I played as well.

I found it for free on Home of the Underdogs and fell in love with it, playing it for hours. Then, out of curiosity I went online and searched for more information on this game.

Not only was there a new version out there, there were two and OOTP 5 was about to be released.

Needless to say, I was quick to buy OOTP 5, as I was already enthralled by a game that was three iterations old.
A site that has questionable practices when it comes to copyrights leads to honest sales and revenue growth for a gaming company! Shut your ears EA and Ubisoft and keep ignoring perhaps more effective marketing techniques!
flanyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #31
Vinny P.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanyboy5 View Post
A site that has questionable practices when it comes to copyrights leads to honest sales and revenue growth for a gaming company! Shut your ears EA and Ubisoft and keep ignoring perhaps more effective marketing techniques!
Huh?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #32
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Huh?
'Home of the Underdogs' is/was an abandonware site...so outdated versions of games or those no longer sold might be found there.

flanyboy is saying that, though the practice of letting older games leak out is questionable (read: illegal) from a copyright standpoint, it does lead to legitimate sales and can serve as an introduction to the hobby. More vigorous copyright enforcers like EA/Ubi may want to take note.

Now, is he right? Meh. I understand both arguments. I can tell you though that I used 'Underdogs' to get the original Mogul (98) at a time when I was out of work, and as my situation improved that led me to first get into 'modern' Mogul, then OOTP.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #33
Vinny P.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
'Home of the Underdogs' is/was an abandonware site...so outdated versions of games or those no longer sold might be found there.

flanyboy is saying that, though the practice of letting older games leak out is questionable (read: illegal) from a copyright standpoint, it does lead to legitimate sales and can serve as an introduction to the hobby. More vigorous copyright enforcers like EA/Ubi may want to take note.

Now, is he right? Meh. I understand both arguments. I can tell you though that I used 'Underdogs' to get the original Mogul (98) at a time when I was out of work, and as my situation improved that led me to first get into 'modern' Mogul, then OOTP.
Ok. But OOTPD (and their old publisher SI) never just "allowed" their older games to "leak out." They outright released it as abandonware. They own the title themselves and can do that.

But I see now that flanyboy5 was talking about Home of the Underdogs as the site with "questionable practices with copyrights."
Old 09-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #34
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I would love an MMA version of Title Bout.

I'm just sayin'...
rpriske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #35
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbuttons View Post
Just saw that this German guy has this baseball game he just made and he's shopping it around. What do Europeans know about baseball?
... We invented it
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #36
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I love how the older versions of this game. I still have the CDs to 3 of them before I started downloading from the site. The first game I got was back in 2001. I also had Mogual as well but I liked this versions MUCH better had so much one could do and pay attention to each aspect of the game and got a chance to pretend to be owner. I am sure that many of us had many ideas of what to put into the game was implimented and made the game so much better and addicting to play. Always room for more things to the game right ???
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #37
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

My first was season ticket in 2001 got it at best buy ... which I later found out became OOTP been hooked ever since
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #38
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
My first was season ticket in 2001 got it at best buy ... which I later found out became OOTP been hooked ever since
Same here or maybe even a little before, and I think it was Electronics Boutique at the mall, IIRC. I recall the back of the box feature that sold me was that I could have fictional leagues and fantasy drafts.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:14 AM   #39
xamgin
Bat Boy

you really done you great efforts and I appreciate it.Good Job
Old 03-26-2016, 12:30 AM   #40
bosunmate
All Star Starter

I also started with Season Ticket Baseball and thought it was fantastic
with so many options...Have never looked back and purchased every
copy that came out and will until i'm to old to think. I'm 65 now so I have a few more years to go. The release's seem so flawless these days
compared to the early years, remember 6.5, and the complete recoding year. I will say Markus and team have really grown with this game.
Congrats Markus and team its been a journey for sure....

Last edited by bosunmate; 03-26-2016 at 12:31 AM.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote