Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
mad0die
All Star Reserve

GUBA - long running, stable writing league

We are an online OOTP community that have been doing this for well over a decade now (since OOTP 3). We have the most active forums and competitive ownership base you will find in the OOTP multiverse. We don't recruit publicly very often, but here is an opportunity to join the best OOTP online league.

Full League Name (Initials): Global Unified Baseball Association (GUBA)
Forums (where all the action takes place): HERE
Reports URL: GUBA Home
We also use Getch's OU utility for development reports, last sim statistics, amateur drafting, All-Star Voting, live playoff sims (very fun), etc.

OOTP Version: 18
Players: fictional
Sims: We sim often, 5 times a week Sun - Thr (6 times in the off-season). We sim a week at a time so 7-day lineups can be utilized.

Description: This is a very competitive league with an extremely active forum. You might remember the old FIBB or MBBA - those 2 long-standing leagues joined together as the GUBA back in May 2007. We are a world baseball association with one league based in N.America and the other all over the World.

This is a writing league. Periodic articles about your team are required. These are designed to be fun and keep the forums active. The quality of your writing is not judged.

Exporting for every sim is required. No fly by night owners please. We also love to joke around so bring a thick skin!

We are a community as much as we are a baseball league with off-topic chatter, other online gaming endeavors and we even had a lake weekend meet up this summer! We heavily use Slack for chatting, trading, etc.

If interested...: Register for the forum (link above) and please also message me here so I can make sure you are approved. Then fill out the app in the New Applicants section and join the fun.

Thanks!
(I'm LCG on the GUBA forums)

Last edited by mad0die; 09-08-2017 at 12:40 PM.
mad0die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
mad0die
All Star Reserve

I have an opening today, so first one to come over and app gets the team!
Old 09-08-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
draven085
Hall Of Famer

If you want the best online competition fake baseball has to offer than stop by and check out what the GUBA is all about. Many of the owners have been playing this game together for over a decade and we never miss a sim. We have a vibrant league Slack channel that has only increased the immersion the league provides.
draven085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
Cliche
Minors (Triple A)

Best league I've ever been in, bar none! Been playing the fake online baseball with a lot of these folks for well over a decade, and it's always great to bring in some new blood.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #5
Cubfan2001
Major Leagues

I'm no longer in this league due to other commitments with another league I commish at that sims at a very rapid pace however this league really is an amazing league. Super active GMs that have been playing this game together for years and an extremely active Slack community. Every time I sign on Slack to check on them I have over 200 unread messages lol
Cubfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
chey
Minors (Triple A)

By far the most competitive, most active, most fun league I've ever been a part of. If you want a real challenge, apply for the GUBA -- it's incredible.

It's also very stable. I've been in the league for just over one real-life year, and am currently only the second-newest GM there.

Last edited by chey; 09-12-2017 at 11:57 AM.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #7
allane
Bat Boy

Remember that one time you were in an online OOTP league and your team was just humming along comfortably headed toward the playoffs but then the commish was shady or shut the league or the other GMs were no activity losers?

That will literally never happen with the GUBA for these reasons:

A) GUBA has been running since the dawn of time and sims on the minute you expect it to every time (5 days a week!)

B) Simmers have had their garage burn down but continue to run the league on sheer will out of a hotel room cohabitated by cats. The other simmer is probably still snowed in from winter 2016, but he has internet access so it's all good.

C) The GMs have been around forever playing the same game playing this pissing contest we call OOTP. I've been in the GUBA for 5 years in real life and I'm the new guy. If there's an opening, jump on it.

D) This is the baddest group of GMs you'll ever see. Competitive to the nth degree but also just as helpful, enjoy discussions about player use and league rules and entertaining as hell.

E) They're all really good at OOTP so your team will never be humming along comfortably headed for the playoffs because they will beat you and then never let you forget it. Competitive? Join this league.
allane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #8
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Just wanted to echo some of the comments others have made. I've been a commish before of a long running online league, and it was great. The GUBA is just as good if not better! Certainly the most competitive and the most active group of GMs I've ever been around. I've been in the league almost three real time years, and most of the GMs have been in the league longer than I have! And don't let the wilting requirements scare you. The writing actually enhances the league and it's not really a huge burden.

If you're looking for a league, look no further than the GUBA!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #9
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

^^^What they all said!
Green & Gold Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Season just getting started, need an owner for Jakarta.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #11
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Got an opening in the FIBB - Christchurch Crusaders. Team entering a rebuild phase.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:05 PM   #12
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Our team in Jakarta just came open as we are finishing the current season. We also have no plans on upgrading to OOTP 19 if you are happy with 18.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 AM   #13
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Got an opening if you are looking for a very active writing league staying on OOTP 18.