Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-24-2016, 02:07 AM   #101
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Might as well start the next page.

Getting too many errors myself, I'll attempt a redownload because I probably typoed a line in settings.ini
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #102
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Might as well start the next page.

Getting too many errors myself, I'll attempt a redownload because I probably typoed a line in settings.ini
What sort of errors? If they're crashes, I'm interested in the output just before them.
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #103
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

ive downloaded it...and it wont even open up...

not to be a total NOOB...how do you run this thing?

okay...i got it to run...i need a tutorial on how to change the settings in notepad it was put in

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 02-01-2016 at 02:34 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #104
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
i need a tutorial on how to change the settings in notepad it was put in
Going from top to bottom:

1. If you want the schedule generator to attempt to plug away until it finds a working schedule, change 'auto_retry=false' to 'auto_retry=true'. (Going forward, I'm going to refer to operations like this one as 'setting auto_retry to true'.)

2. Under the general heading, set interleague and balanced to the desired settings. (Note that these settings don't change what the scheduler does, just what it writes to the file. Your settings in-game will have to match.)

3. Under the general heading, set the league structure. You can find a description of the format at this link: Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

4. Under the divisional-series, subleague-series, and interleague-series headings, set the preferred series length for each kind of opponent, and the minimum number of series. (Currently, the minimum number of series is two.) The scheduler will schedule as many series of the preferred length as possible against each opponent, scheduling one shorter series to make up any shortfall against the desired numbers.

5. Under the break heading, set up the break days. If you aren't using week-aware mode, just set the first three options (break_days, all_star_percentage, and all_star_length). Note that some break days are required, because I still haven't quite worked out how to do perfectly compact schedules.

6. If you want to use week-aware scheduling, remove the semicolons in front of 'all_star_day_of_week', 'start_day_of_week', and 'off_days_of_week'. Set them accordingly. Note that you'll still need regular break days to help the scheduler fit everything in, and week-aware mode takes significantly longer to assemble a schedule.

7. Set up the length of the schedule under the schedule heading. The numbers you give are the number of games each team will play against a certain class of opponent. The scheduler may adjust these upward if it can't figure out how to fit opposing teams to games.

8. Set up the intra-day scheduling of games under the time heading. Games will be scheduled to start between first_start and last_start, on the hours and half-hours plus start_offset (e.g. with the settings in settings.ini, games will be scheduled between 1105 and 2105, including at times like 1735). simultaneous_games controls the number of games which will start at the same time. Other games will start in the next slot.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #105
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Downloaded v1.4 (and its fresh settings.ini) - let's see if that fixes the issue.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #106
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Downloaded v1.4 (and its fresh settings.ini) - let's see if that fixes the issue.
If you have older settings files that aren't working, it's good to compare them with the most recently-released files. I haven't really been trying to build in much backwards compatibility as regards changes to the settings files.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #107
OriolePhan
Minors (Double A)

What is the output supposed to be? because it will run and then close when done i think...
OriolePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #108
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolePhan View Post
What is the output supposed to be? because it will run and then close when done i think...
If it opens and closes without showing anything, then there's some sort of configuration problem or settings parsing error. When it runs correctly, you'll see some status text, then a progress bar as it attempts to schedule, then a list of possible commands once it has either succeeded or failed to schedule.

If you post your settings file here, I can take a look at it. You can also open a command prompt and run the batch file inside it, which should force the window to remain open so you can see the error text. I can have a look at that, too, to fix any potential bug.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #109
OriolePhan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
If it opens and closes without showing anything, then there's some sort of configuration problem or settings parsing error. When it runs correctly, you'll see some status text, then a progress bar as it attempts to schedule, then a list of possible commands once it has either succeeded or failed to schedule.

If you post your settings file here, I can take a look at it. You can also open a command prompt and run the batch file inside it, which should force the window to remain open so you can see the error text. I can have a look at that, too, to fix any potential bug.
I was trying to understand where it was breaking but I'm not familiar with Java.

My Code
[operational]
; Options relating to the operation of the
; scheduler.

; If true, the scheduler will automatically
; retry failed schedules until it finds a
; working possibility.
auto_retry=true

[general]
; General options.
; n.b. interleage and balanced options here
; only control the schedule file filename
; and header. To enforce balance or interleague
; play, use the options under [schedule].

; Whether to write to the schedule file
; claiming interleague play is supported.
interleague=false
; Whether to write to the schedule file
; claiming the schedule is balanced.
balanced=false
; The league structure, in schedule file
; format, with no underscores.
structure=SL1D1T5D2T5D3T4D4T4

[divisional-series]
; Series scheduling options. Note that the
; scheduler will ignore these settings to hit
; its target numbers for games.

; Series scheduling options are identical for
; all three kinds of series.

; The preferred length for series.
preferred_length=4
; Schedule no fewer than this many series
; per opponent.
min_per_opponent=2

[subleague-series]
preferred_length=4
min_per_opponent=1

[interleague-series]
preferred_length=0
min_per_opponent=0

[break]
; Break scheduling options.

; This many days of break/padding will be added
; over the course of the series, adjusted upward
; to the next multiple of the largest preferred
; series length. Another way to think about this
; property is that each team will spend about
; this many days on regular season byes.
;
; Some padding is necessary, because this is not a
; perfect scheduler.
break_days=10

; The all-star game will be scheduled this far
; into the season.
all_star_percentage=50

; The all-star game will occur in a break of
; this length.
all_star_length=3

; The all-star game will occur on this day of
; the week.
; all_star_day_of_week=Sunday

; These options enable week-aware scheduling.
; start_day_of_week defines the first day of
; week in the schedule.
; No games will be scheduled on off_days_of_week.
; start_day_of_week=Thursday
; off_days_of_week=List:Tuesday|Wednesday

[schedule]
; Scheduling options. The scheduling engine uses
; these numbers as starting points. If they are not
; feasible, based on other settings, the scheduler
; will attempt to adjust them, up to twice the number
; given here. If

; Aim for this many divisional games.
divisional_games=20
; This many subleague games.
subleague_games=40
; This many interleague games.
interleague_games=0

[time]
; Options for scheduling of games. The
; scheduler will distribute games evenly through
; the day per these options, starting on the hour
; or the half hour, preferring the last start times
; in the day first.

; Schedule the first game in a day no earlier
; than this.
first_start=1300
; Schedule the last game in a day no later than
; this.
last_start=2100
; Offset from the hour and half-hour by this much.
start_offset=5
; Start this many games at the same time.
simultaneous_games=2

Name:  ootpfault.JPG
Views: 1223
Size:  308.9 KB

If I change these settings It will still break.

Last edited by OriolePhan; 02-12-2016 at 10:58 PM.
OriolePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #110
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Thanks. I'll have a look at it later today.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #111
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I'm using a schedule made by this utility, and it's pretty good. A couple things, though:

The number of games played by each team varies wildly. Going into late May of a 162-game schedule, some teams have played as little as 34 games, while some have played in 45. I know I set this to have an "unbalanced" schedule, so did that make a difference in making the schedule? Because of this, some teams have stretches where they don't have a break for more than a month at some points.

What could I do as a user to remedy this in future schedules I make with this utility? This is something I'm keeping a close eye on, since I like the idea of a schedule generator that generates games at different times, and not just a set time like the in-box OOTP schedules.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:31 PM   #112
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

"Unbalanced" refers to games vs. each opponent, not necessarily total games. However, with so many off days in this season, a large range in games played is common with the generator.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:14 AM   #113
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
What could I do as a user to remedy this in future schedules I make with this utility? This is something I'm keeping a close eye on, since I like the idea of a schedule generator that generates games at different times, and not just a set time like the in-box OOTP schedules.
At present, nothing--since I do the scheduling team-first and not day-first, there isn't a very good way to ensure that breaks are evenly distributed. I may look into doing some normalization, but it probably isn't worth the time investment, considering I'm planning to rewrite a lot of the scheduling engine in a month or two anyway. That should help spread the off days around a little more evenly, so you don't have quite so large a range as 25%.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #114
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolePhan View Post
<snip>
Strange—I can't figure out what's going wrong, either. The settings file you posted works for me.

In the next few days, I'll try to put in some error handling, so as to better understand what's going wrong.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:19 AM   #115
sdorman22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Fishbreath. I like the tool, but i'm having issues with off days bunching up. Is there anything I can do to mitigate that?

I'm messing around with a 32 team league with 2 sub leagues divided into 2 8 team divisions each. I'm trying to make each team play 4 3 game series against each of their 7 division opponents for a total of 84 divisional games. They also play 2 3 game series against each of their out of division opponents for a total of 48 out of division games. They play no interleague, so that's a total of 132 games. I then put in 16 days of breaks. The breaks seem to bunch up so that a team will be off for 3 or 4 days at a time, then will end up with an entire month with no break. What am I doing to cause this?
sdorman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #116
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorman22 View Post
Hi Fishbreath. I like the tool, but i'm having issues with off days bunching up. Is there anything I can do to mitigate that?

I'm messing around with a 32 team league with 2 sub leagues divided into 2 8 team divisions each. I'm trying to make each team play 4 3 game series against each of their 7 division opponents for a total of 84 divisional games. They also play 2 3 game series against each of their out of division opponents for a total of 48 out of division games. They play no interleague, so that's a total of 132 games. I then put in 16 days of breaks. The breaks seem to bunch up so that a team will be off for 3 or 4 days at a time, then will end up with an entire month with no break. What am I doing to cause this?
As I wrote up the page, it's a consequence of the way the scheduler is written right now. It doesn't have a good sense for properly distributing single off days.

One of my other personal code projects is relatively settled right now, and another will be cooling down for a little while in the next month or so. I hope to revisit the scheduler and make some improvements toward the end of March, which should help to pack schedules more tightly where desired, and spread off days around more evenly. I hope to write it to look at the schedule from a more time-first perspective, starting at opening day and building series by series, rather than starting with the opponent a team needs to play the most, then attempting to distribute games against that opponent evenly within the season.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #117
oman19
All Star Starter

Trying to get a handle on how this works. Before I dig to deep could it handle a schedule of this type?

Every team plays 18 games against everyone in its own division: 72 games
Every team plays 6 games against everyone else in its league: 60 games
Every team plays 6 games against every team in a division in the other league: 30 game

Total = 162

Basically you get a home and home with every other team

Only thing is I need 3 versions of this schedule. Where the inter league division you play is rotated similar to the NFL.

For example one year the AL East plays the NL East, the next the NL Central, and the one after the NL West.

If you could jumble up each of the 3 versions a little to give it a little variety that would be nice.

I would like an All-star break and dates to closely resemble today's MLB.

Any help would be much appreciated

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:16 AM   #118
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The generator can't do "this division plays that division", unfortunately.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:13 AM   #119
cheo25
All Star Reserve

I created three different versions for the schedule request above. See this post:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-request.html
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #120
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Bump

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote