Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #21
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Just saw all of these posts. Let me investigate the issues and get back to you. I know there are some calculation issues with it and I need to take a look under the hood.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #22
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Here's an updated version of GMExcel called version 10.75

It's full of improvements I made a while ago, but I forgot to put it out for people to use, as I wasn't sure if people were even using the tool. This thread tells me they are.

In any case, check it out and feel free to let me know what you'd like to improve. I don't know when I'll do a new version, but my hope is to make the next version a web-based tool for OOTP XI.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 04-25-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #23
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
Umm...not without some major modifications. I need to swap wins for win percentage.
Well you could always work around it by taking the win percentage and multiplying by 162, right? Just to get a 162 game equivalent and would think it would work okay

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #24
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Well you could always work around it by taking the win percentage and multiplying by 162, right? Just to get a 162 game equivalent and would think it would work okay
I think I've fixed that, actually. Like a few versions ago. I think I just forgot to post it here.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #25
EMSoccerCoach
Hall Of Famer

Am I correct that after first doing this for the teams I don't have to run it each yet to reset the budget? Or should be running this to establish the budget at the end of each season?
EMSoccerCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #26
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSoccerCoach View Post
Am I correct that after first doing this for the teams I don't have to run it each yet to reset the budget? Or should be running this to establish the budget at the end of each season?
I designed it so you wouldn't have to do it each season, only every decade, because doing it every year was a huge hassle.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #27
EMSoccerCoach
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I designed it so you wouldn't have to do it each season, only every decade, because doing it every year was a huge hassle.
That's what I figured, but it seems the game resets the ticket prices...do I need to reset those at all?

Thanks again for a great tool. It's added a lot to my league.
EMSoccerCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #28
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSoccerCoach View Post
That's what I figured, but it seems the game resets the ticket prices...do I need to reset those at all?

Thanks again for a great tool. It's added a lot to my league.
The ticket price thing was always a pain, because the game does a bad job at modeling them. If you don't want to have to redo them each year (because that's annoying) then I'd suggest using the numbers generated in marketcalc as an average and setting the league average ticket price to that number each year. Then just let the game do what it does with them. But that might be less hassle. Or doing it every few years.

Glad you've enjoyed using it.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #29
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Love the tool darkcloud. Thanks again.

Have any online leagues employed this? How well has it done for you?
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #30
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneCarson View Post
Love the tool darkcloud. Thanks again.

Have any online leagues employed this? How well has it done for you?
You know, I don't know if any online leagues have implemented this. Good question. Maybe someone will let us know.

I think it'd be an interesting tool to use for an online league, as it could make things pretty interesting for sure.

Thanks for the compliment!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #31
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You know, I don't know if any online leagues have implemented this. Good question. Maybe someone will let us know.

I think it'd be an interesting tool to use for an online league, as it could make things pretty interesting for sure.

Thanks for the compliment!
I have a fictional league that is being put together to start come time for OOTP XI and plan on using your tool for the league. I think it makes the league very interesting when letting your performance determine your budget for the next year and such. Makes for a bit of uncertainty as well for each upcoming offseason.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #32
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

I have a question, I love the premise of the tool, but I can't seem to get it to work right. What I want, is the market numbers for 1924, but when I input the year in box E(I believe) I get real crazy numbers like 59 and stuff. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #33
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a fictional league that is being put together to start come time for OOTP XI and plan on using your tool for the league. I think it makes the league very interesting when letting your performance determine your budget for the next year and such. Makes for a bit of uncertainty as well for each upcoming offseason.

Excellent. Yeah, I like the dynamic nature of it. That's good to know. I'll eventually sit down and work on improvements to the tool, because there are some ideas I have about it going forward. So if you all think of stuff you might want to see, let me know and I'll figure out how to get it in there or whether it's feasible.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #34
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
I have a question, I love the premise of the tool, but I can't seem to get it to work right. What I want, is the market numbers for 1924, but when I input the year in box E(I believe) I get real crazy numbers like 59 and stuff. Am I doing something wrong?
No, probably not. The old market sizes are goofy, because the TV markets are pegged to today's numbers and I couldn't really make it different because I didn't have data on old media numbers, so..what ends up happening is you get numbers over 20 for those larger markets for back in the day. For those situations, you just use 20 as the market size and go from there.

The year thing wasn't even made for the market size tool, it was for an older version of it and I grafted it together to make it do that, but like you can see, it's somewhat imperfect really...

Another idea is...for older markets, you can perhaps just use a super small modern market rather than the actual one, since back then the media markets weren't as big and radio -- rather than TV -- was the dominant player. That might lower the sizes of the markets for you somewhat.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #35
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, probably not. The old market sizes are goofy, because the TV markets are pegged to today's numbers and I couldn't really make it different because I didn't have data on old media numbers, so..what ends up happening is you get numbers over 20 for those larger markets for back in the day. For those situations, you just use 20 as the market size and go from there.

The year thing wasn't even made for the market size tool, it was for an older version of it and I grafted it together to make it do that, but like you can see, it's somewhat imperfect really...

Another idea is...for older markets, you can perhaps just use a super small modern market rather than the actual one, since back then the media markets weren't as big and radio -- rather than TV -- was the dominant player. That might lower the sizes of the markets for you somewhat.
I guess what I'll do is, write down each value, and then just use 25% of it
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #36
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Just thought of this...

Is there a way to get initial budgets, based on market sizes and such, for a league just starting off? We'll have no previous season wins or history to go off of, nor a payroll as we are doing an inaugural draft.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

A bump in case darkcloud didn't see my question.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #38
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just thought of this...

Is there a way to get initial budgets, based on market sizes and such, for a league just starting off? We'll have no previous season wins or history to go off of, nor a payroll as we are doing an inaugural draft.
Hmm...interesting challenge. I'm sure I had a way of doing it when I first started, but I don't remember how I did it. Let me dork around with things a bit and see what I can suggest.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #39
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

I'm probably missing something obvious, but wouldn't it get the desired result if you entered the market sizes, etc., and then made every team a .500 club with no playoff appearances or championships?
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #40
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBeachBum View Post
I'm probably missing something obvious, but wouldn't it get the desired result if you entered the market sizes, etc., and then made every team a .500 club with no playoff appearances or championships?
Ooh, that's an interesting idea! Or you could pick an "average" city if you wanted to normalize it across areas or whatever.

Another thing I'll mention is, if folks are actually using this tool for online leagues, let me know and we can perhaps work on some way to customize it for you or let me know how you're using it (via PM is fine) as that would be super interesting for me to see how people are using it.

This thing has only evolved since 2007 because of people adding their flair to it, since it originally started as something I used for my own solo situations and little else. So any feedback about how you might be wanting to use it, will be instructive.